Pride (FMA manga) vs Eddie (Guilty Gear series)

Topic started by Dream on Oct. 19, 2009. Last post by cfatalis 4 years, 10 months ago.
Post by Dream (7,612 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
So how do you think a battle between these two shadow manipulators will turn out?

Selim Bradley as the Homunculus, Pride in the FMA manga.
 Selim Bradley as the Homunculus, Pride in the FMA manga.

Eddie from the Guilty Gear fighting games.
 Eddie from the Guilty Gear fighting games.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
is this eddie or zato-1 in control?
Post by Dream (7,612 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
Eddie's in control.
i say eddie, even in the messed up world of guilty gear where everything has classification eddie is classified as something, and also eddie can manipulate the shadow in a more complicated way than pride, and even without shadow, eddie can still operate
Post by DJSNuva1 (3,347 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Excuse me, I watched the FMA series, but who the f#ck is pride? Refresh my memory? Did I miss this in the anime, or is it just not there?
@DJSNuva1: he is in the manga, you know bradley's son?
@cfatalis said:
" @DJSNuva1: he is in the manga, you know bradley's son? "

That kid that Bradley like, killed in the anime?
@DJSNuva1 said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @DJSNuva1: he is in the manga, you know bradley's son? "
That kid that Bradley like, killed in the anime? "
don't quite watch the anime, but he is bradley's son, yeah.....
@cfatalis:
The anime was awesome. I've got the whole series on DVD... Also, Who liked Gundam Seed? I watched the whole thing, it was like a friggin soap opera that I couldn't stop watching until the series was over. Same with Gundam SEED Destiny.
@DJSNuva1: i like gundam, all of them, i remember each gundam name, all of them, hmmmm the anime of  FMA strays from the manga though
Post by Sonata (35,385 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Leaning toward Eddie in this one maybe is my GG Bias right now:P

Imma gave to say that eddie takes it.
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@DJSNuva1 said:
" @cfatalis: The anime was awesome. I've got the whole series on DVD... Also, Who liked Gundam Seed? I watched the whole thing, it was like a friggin soap opera that I couldn't stop watching until the series was over. Same with Gundam SEED Destiny. "
Yeah, in the Anime, Bradley's son wasn't a homunculous. In fact, Bradley was Pride. Wrath was someone completely different. I've got the anime and the manga :P The new Fullmetal Alchemist anime follows the manga. Both are great in their own way. 
I liked Gundam Seed also. I need to watch it again sometime. 
@AgentJ said:
" @DJSNuva1 said:
" @cfatalis: The anime was awesome. I've got the whole series on DVD... Also, Who liked Gundam Seed? I watched the whole thing, it was like a friggin soap opera that I couldn't stop watching until the series was over. Same with Gundam SEED Destiny. "
Yeah, in the Anime, Bradley's son wasn't a homunculous. In fact, Bradley was Pride. Wrath was someone completely different. I've got the anime and the manga :P The new Fullmetal Alchemist anime follows the manga. Both are great in their own way. I liked Gundam Seed also. I need to watch it again sometime.  "
wrath is a kid in the anime, sloth is a women, mmm let's see what else, there's only one hohenheim, the other side is called dante(a women no less)
@cfatalis said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @DJSNuva1 said:
Yeah, in the Anime, Bradley's son wasn't a homunculous. In fact, Bradley was Pride. Wrath was someone completely different. I've got the anime and the manga :P The new Fullmetal Alchemist anime follows the manga. Both are great in their own way. I liked Gundam Seed also. I need to watch it again sometime.  "
wrath is a kid in the anime, sloth is a women, mmm let's see what else, there's only one hohenheim, the other side is called dante(a women no less) "
Right, and the visitors from Xing never show up. Things really don't become different until Al meets Greed, which is about the 7th or 8th book, but at that point they cut off wildly. 
@AgentJ: so basically after that they made FMA brotherhood, to sell more dvd
@cfatalis said:
" @AgentJ: so basically after that they made FMA brotherhood, to sell more dvd "
Or to animate what some people consider to be the better version of the story, which I won't fault them for doing. 
@AgentJ said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @AgentJ: so basically after that they made FMA brotherhood, to sell more dvd "
Or to animate what some people consider to be the better version of the story, which I won't fault them for doing.  "
there's that, why didn't they do it in the first place?
@cfatalis said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @cfatalis said:
Or to animate what some people consider to be the better version of the story, which I won't fault them for doing.  "
there's that, why didn't they do it in the first place? "
Because the Manga was only on the eighth volume when they started production on the series. I'ts pretty common for shows to catch up to the progress the manga has made. I wish they'd just wait until there is a forseeable end (especially in shonen series like Bleach) but that's just how it goes. They did a good job with the anime version though, except for a few parts. 
@AgentJ said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @cfatalis said:
there's that, why didn't they do it in the first place? "
Because the Manga was only on the eighth volume when they started production on the series. I'ts pretty common for shows to catch up to the progress the manga has made. I wish they'd just wait until there is a forseeable end (especially in shonen series like Bleach) but that's just how it goes. They did a good job with the anime version though, except for a few parts.  "
filler? just like bleach and naruto
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel