petiition to revoke the ban on comic vs manga threads

Topic started by rein on Jan. 19, 2010. Last post by Kelleth 4 years, 7 months ago.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I personally don't believe manga vs comic threads should be banned. I mean Their are certain types (superfamily vs Saiyans) that should be locked, but Some really thought provoking fights can come from pitting the two together. anyway this is a petition, post if you support.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@rein: I agree with you.

Plus I think we should redo the rules for battles as well.  Example:  I see many battle threads that have pictures of the characters and that's it.  No info what so ever.  Sometimes I don't see any thing besides "Discuss" and that's it.  It's starting to get very irritating and I don't even want to look at battle threads anymore.  Most of the time I have no idea of both character's powers and I have to end up looking for the info.
@JJOR64 said:
that would be helpful. a small description outlining the powers of the individual fighters, would help people unfamiliar with the character, from making fools of themselves lol. i would also like to see more planned out battles like we've been seeing on Comicvine, over the post picture nothing else format.
@rein: That would be nice as well.  Maybe we should steal Comic Vines battles and put them over here.   :P
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I'll discuss something with Kelleth.  

ND
@Newdeath said:
" I'll discuss something with Kelleth.   ND "
Thank you.  :)

We should also have special rules for Superman and Dragon Ball characters as well, but that's just what I think.
@JJOR64 said:
" @rein: That would be nice as well.  Maybe we should steal Comic Vines battles and put them over here.   :P "
of course replacing them with Anime characters xd.  
@Newdeath said:
that would be a big help. I understand why you would ban them, but if people can avoid Getting too heated, they can provide some interesting debates.
@rein: I'll see what I can do :) 

@JJOR64: Thats actually a good idea. I'll discuss it with him. 

ND
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@rein:  

They are not banned forever!!

They are just suspended for the reasons we have been given you guys like 10 times already and also the actual Anime vs Anime threads needed to more attention. so we`ll give the anime vs anime threads dome more chances and then the boycott will be gone. (but no locked threads will be opened new ones should be made)

@JJOR64: Weren`t you the one who voted for the temporary boycott?
And why is this in off-topic? its about battles :P *moved*
@Kelleth said:

@JJOR64: Weren`t you the one who voted for the temporary boycott? "

I did?  I don't remember.
@Kelleth said:
I didn't realize that they weren't permanent. If we are only taking a respite Then i more then understand your reasoning.
Post by soldier (495 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@rein said:
"I personally don't believe manga vs comic threads should be banned. I mean Their are certain types (superfamily vs Saiyans) that should be locked, but Some really thought provoking fights can come from pitting the two together. anyway this is a petition, post if you support. "

Agree with you bro.
@Kelleth: The temporary ban is to give the Anime Vs. Anime threads more attention so I suggest that we create a thread officially banning any Superman Vs. Saiyan (especially Goku) or DBZ character or any DBZ character Vs. Superman Family threads.  

ND
@rein: I don`t blame you for not understanding that i did say till indefinite and not pernament but with my grammar its just hard to catch on to that. Anyway yes i do agree with your further statements and i`ll will evoke the boycottt after certain rules are figured out about the matter. But i still believe that the anime vs anime threads need to get more attention like 60% of the battle threads where Comics vs Anime. 
@JJOR64: You where actually the first to start complaining about the DBZ vs Comic threads remember? not that it matters now :)
@Newdeath: I was typing that without refreshing the page XD but exactly
@Kelleth: Alright then. So I suggest we create the thread with the Superman VS DBZ rules after we agree that Anime Vs Anime battles have received more attention. 

ND
@Kelleth: I think I was complaining about the DB vs. said character threads because most of the time the DB characters curb stomped them.  Either way, I'm glad to see something is getting done.  We should also make a new rules page or edit the current one with a new set of rules.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

why? every anime otaku believe their anime characters can beat all the dc and marvel universe , from my point of view that is ridiculous. 

and  
if you see  any comic character win , you will close that thread very  quickly , you see? it's useless. 
just like supermar vs goku  .

everybody knows superman wins , but .........
@JJOR64: Think we`ll edited it would be a shame to delete the old one since Jewel worked so hard on it
Post by OmegaMekix (3,847 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I'm kinda on the fence about if Anime-vice should allow comic vs. manga battles or not. I enjoy the freedom of comparing the characters of the two but before these were banned most of the battles were comic vs. manga and I got sick of it. Moderate amount, yes. Overdoing it, vote no.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel