perfect cell vs fat buu

Topic started by ktarinze on April 29, 2010. Last post by ktarinze 4 years, 4 months ago.
Post by Dream (7,636 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@cfatalis: DBZ could have ended even earlier at the Frieza Saga. At the ends of both the Freiza and Cell Saga, the series was originally planned to end at both those points with Goku being gone permanently in both of them. But the huge popularity of the series in Japan kept it going beyond those sagas and created a rather big case of plot retcon in the Frieza Saga that made no sense whatsoever.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Dream: Dragonball was gonna end with demon king piccollo saga, whats your point? 
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Dream: and then...... GT
Post by Sonata (35,387 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Dream: Yeah I know thats why i cant fully AT for the mediocrity of the Buu saga.
@hitsusatsu11: that buu saga is a huge asspull? and it's better (in term of plot and story) for it to end at cell?
Post by Dream (7,636 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@hitsusatsu11:  Popularity often kills quality of plot in a title when the show's makers are milking it for what's it worth and ignoring what they set up for plot in earlier episodes.
The fighting in buu saga is top notch, the majin vegeta vs goku fight is one of the best fights in all dragonball.  

Dbz is about fighting plain and simple
@cfatalis: why end it at cell, it leaves to much unanswered with vegeta, anyway DBZ could keep going on forever since plot is less important than fighting, thats why GT was not to good, the fights were not as well choreographed and there wasn't enough of them. 
@hitsusatsu11: that is what you think, if we want to watch people beating each other up endlessly we have video games
@cfatalis:  
" @hitsusatsu11: that is what you think, if we want to watch people beating each other up endlessly we have video games "
if you want to watch ppl endlessly beat ppl up watch DBZ, if you don't like seeing countless cool fights then dbz is not for you. 
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @cfatalis:  
" @hitsusatsu11: that is what you think, if we want to watch people beating each other up endlessly we have video games "
if you want to watch ppl endlessly beat ppl up watch DBZ, if you don't like seeing countless cool fights then dbz is not for you.  "
so any show where there is this endless fighting with shitty plot is good for you?

each man to their own then
Post by ktarinze (577 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@Sonata said:
" @ktarinze: They will do no good though Buu was pretty much toying with Dabura the entire time. Cell will probably hit buu but it will do no damage whatsoever. "

maybe it wont do damage it is hard for to inflict damage on buu but still he would doo morethen dabura
@cfatalis: DBZ doesn't have a shitty plot, basically the plot is find next villain, epically fight him. I like the fighting, its the best i've seen in anime. 
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @cfatalis: DBZ doesn't have a shitty plot, basically the plot is find next villain, epically fight him. I like the fighting, its the best i've seen in anime.  "
still finding the next villain can't be this Kudzu (after cell), i would adit the method i watched dbz with is to fast foward until a big fight comes

from the first major villain

Demon king piccolo-------> defeated, but hints of his son existing-----------> his son is defeated---------> uh oh goku's race is coming to destroy the earth , okay nice bits of backstory------->they need new dragon ball -----> gto to namek, incidentally frieza is there -------> good, issue resolution on saiyan destruction etc etc------->Androids wow throwback to red ribbon nice-------> wut ? cell? so this is why trunks came back, okay so he has everyone technique-------> cell is defeated....... yay, next generation..... gohan......-------> what ? what the hell is that ? buu? what the hell is buu?, if he is so great and terrible where is the mention of him? especially when he made a galaxy asplode------------- long unneeded fight goku should just spirit bomb from the beginning------> ending------>comes GT shit
@cfatalis: 

still finding the next villain can't be this Kudzu (after cell), i would adit the method i watched dbz with is to fast foward until a big fight comes from the first major villain  Demon king piccolo-------> defeated, but hints of his son existing-----------> his son is defeated---------> uh oh goku's race is coming to destroy the earth , okay nice bits of backstory------->they need new dragon ball -----> gto to namek, incidentally frieza is there -------> good, issue resolution on saiyan destruction etc etc------->Androids wow throwback to red ribbon nice-------> wut ? cell? so this is why trunks came back, okay so he has everyone technique-------> cell is defeated....... yay, next generation..... gohan......-------> what ? what the hell is that ? buu? what the hell is buu?, if he is so great and terrible where is the mention of him? especially when he made a galaxy asplode------------- long unneeded fight goku should just spirit bomb from the beginning------> ending------>comes GT shit "
Goku is an alien-totally made to elongate the story, existence of freeza- totally made to elongate the story (remember vegeta was originally supposed to be the strongest in the universe fighting goku) Red Ribbon army sensor was secretly gathering data on z senshi all this time so gero could build the ultimate android? Come on, totally made to stretch out the plot. Majin buu is exactly the same, and in fact buu saga is one of the best in the franchise (although they all are epically done for fighting) then GT came, which had some good points but overall it was the first time in the db franchisei ever had to skip over episodes because i couldnt take it.(well except saiyaman gohan that was bad)

My point in all this is when i want an anime that has intricate well thought out plot with some good action ill watch NGE or Gundam. Dbz i love because of the bad ass characters and best fight scenes in anime. Its pure PWNGE, it is the show that really brought shonen and anime in general to the masses in North America. (not counting pokemon of course) 
@hitsusatsu11: at least it had something to connect with the back stuff, Buu saga was just hey we have this strongest thing that you could fight and later on beat, both me and dream were talking about the PLOT if anything
@cfatalis: well no actually nothing connected with the back stuff, originally there was never going to be a freeza and vegeta was the strongest in the universe when he fought goku. Anyway the buu saga connects to the hierarchy of the kais. Buu is an ancient monster who is now being revived and the z senshi must stop him, not really any different than the plot of earlier z and the movies. Like cell come on, red ribbon army bug robot was collecting data all this time, even on the saiyans battle on earth? DBZ has never been about plot, maybe in DB when they focused more on collecting dragonballs and adventure, but z is purely about fighting. Both shows are great, but i prefer z just because of the level of amazing fight scenes. (although in the manga there is no distinction between z and db)
Post by Ragnorak (38 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I like cell better because he's just more badass and more villainy, but Buu would win
Post by ktarinze (577 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @cfatalis: well no actually nothing connected with the back stuff, originally there was never going to be a freeza and vegeta was the strongest in the universe when he fought goku. Anyway the buu saga connects to the hierarchy of the kais. Buu is an ancient monster who is now being revived and the z senshi must stop him, not really any different than the plot of earlier z and the movies. Like cell come on, red ribbon army bug robot was collecting data all this time, even on the saiyans battle on earth? DBZ has never been about plot, maybe in DB when they focused more on collecting dragonballs and adventure, but z is purely about fighting. Both shows are great, but i prefer z just because of the level of amazing fight scenes. (although in the manga there is no distinction between z and db) "

yea it did sho history to the kais to me the buu saga was the best because dbz is mostly a fighting show and they had some of the best fights  
goku vs vegeta 
vegeta vs majin buu 
super buu vs vegitto 
kid buu vs goku
gotenks vs super buu 
this saga had alot of fight scenes and the story was good this is why i think its the best saga
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel