pain(naruto) vs itachi(naruto)

Topic started by Satoris on Sept. 2, 2010. Last post by Newdeath 4 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Satoris (478 posts) See mini bio Level 13

ive been thinking about this, whos stronger and who you think would win a full on ninja/jutsu battle?
Post by taichokage (15,320 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Pain wins but Itachi gives him hell.
Post by Dream (8,269 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@taichokage: Agreed. Itachi would be capable of holding up for a while thanks to MS techniques and his impressive battle speed. But with his deteriorating health, MS techniques slowly giving him blindness and greatly depleting his chakra reserves and the numbers game being in Pein's favor, it will be a matter of time before the Rinnegan master beats him down.
Post by sickVisionz (4,310 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I think Pain would win in a pretty lopsided victory.  Kakashi fought Pain with his sharingan active and Pain did some Genjutsu like attack that Kakashi couldn't read through and it made him miss a Chidori that was at near point blank.   I'm not sure how him casting Tsuyomi on just one of Pain's bodies would affect the other bodies and Nagato's real body, who has a full set of magic eyes.  I don't think it's going to be anywhere near as deadly as when he does it on only one person... which has only worked on a guy who only had one magic eye.

Without Susanoo, I don't think Itachi really has anything to keep up in a 6 vs 1 fight against crazy summons all over the place, a robot that can launch multiple missiles and has traps in it like a puppet, can absorb most ninjutsu, can take your soul by touching you, can suck your chakra, and destroy a city in an instant and can make massive moon sized boulders by creating a mini black hole. 

Plus, all of Itachi's gameover abilities (Susanoo, Amaterasu and Tsuyomi) really run a number on him.  In the original series he did two Tsuyomis and one small Amaterasu and he had to be carted off by Kisame.  In his fight against Sasuke, one Amaterasu and Tsuyomi pretty much left him dead.  Pain had all 6 bodies going at once when he attacked Konoha, was summoning left and right, used his push pull stuff constantly, blew up a city, fought Naruto in Sage mode, fought the Kyuubi @ 4 and 6-tails and still had an advantage over it, made a mountain and still had plenty of steam left. 
Post by JThree47605 (1,014 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Pein should win after a good fight.
@taichokage said:
"Pain wins but Itachi gives him hell."

LOL
Post by Kayak (469 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Without prep time or significant knowledge on his opponent Itachi is gona lose, lose in style but still lose.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Slight edge to Itachi
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Pain should win. This is mostly due to Itachi's deteriorating physical condition due to his terminal disease. We haven't seen what Itachi is fully capable of since during his first appearance he was already suffering from his unknown illness. Although Itachi is one of the fastest and most powerful shinobi in the entire series he would definitely fall against Pain. Itachi would indeed last a reasonable period of time due to his Mangekyou Sharingan techniques and his speed although Pain would in due time overwhelm him with the number's game (due to his Six Paths) as well possessing overall greater power. Fukasaku stated that without understanding Pain's power then one would lose against him and since this thread does not grant Itachi any prep then he would lose. It should be noted that before the Naruto Shippuden series, Itachi and Kisame were to engage Jiraiya in a battle however Itachi decided against it well aware that they would suffer defeat while Pain after revealing his Six Paths was the cause of Jiraiya's death, in addition Jiraiya was in "Sage Mode" when he fought Pain. While most of the Rinnegan's abilities are unknown it does grant the user to use all type of elemental chakra although Pain's mastery over them is unknown. Pain's Deva Path should prove a tremendous problem for Itachi due to devastating techniques such as the Shinra Tensei, Chibaku Tensei etc. Pain could have his Preta Path absorb Itachi's chakra if it manages to get his hands on him or he could simply use the Preta Path to negate any ninjutsu used Itachi. Itachi will also be overwhelmed by the ridiculously high number of summons that the Animal Path can bring forth in battle. The most troublesome Path I believe would be the Asura Path. It is capable of firing clusters of dangerous missiles, it could open the crown of its head to release a powerful shock-wave capable of simultaneously destroying entire buildings and it could use numerous sharp blades and drills. Its physical power was enough to rip Jiraiya's arm off so it is clear that the Asura Path would provide some heavy firepower. 

Even if Itachi manages to destroy some of Pain's bodies, Pain's Outer Path can be used to repair any damaged or killed Path. Though Itachi is an exceptionally powerful shinobi mostly due to his speed and Mangekyou Sharingan techniques (Susanoo, Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi) he would be overwhelmed by the numerous bodies Pain has it his disposal and even his most powerful techniques such as Susanoo can only be used for a very short period of time. With the sufficient knowledge on Pain's abilities and enough prep time then Itachi would defeat him but in a random battle Pain would definitely win. I am also not certain about this but when Pain fought Kakashi he used his Rinnegan to cast some genjutsu-like mental attack I believe on Kakashi that caused him to involuntarily miss the Deva Path with his Chidori so I believe he could do the same to Itachi.

ND 
@Newdeath said:
"Pain should win. This is mostly due to Itachi's deteriorating physical condition due to his terminal disease. We haven't seen what Itachi is fully capable of since during his first appearance he was already suffering from his unknown illness. Although Itachi is one of the fastest and most powerful shinobi in the entire series he would definitely fall against Pain. Itachi would indeed last a reasonable period of time due to his Mangekyou Sharingan techniques and his speed although Pain would in due time overwhelm him with the number's game (due to his Six Paths) as well possessing overall greater power. Fukasaku stated that without understanding Pain's power then one would lose against him and since this thread does not grant Itachi any prep then he would lose. It should be noted that before the Naruto Shippuden series, Itachi and Kisame were to engage Jiraiya in a battle however Itachi decided against it well aware that they would suffer defeat while Pain after revealing his Six Paths was the cause of Jiraiya's death, in addition Jiraiya was in "Sage Mode" when he fought Pain. While most of the Rinnegan's abilities are unknown it does grant the user to use all type of elemental chakra although Pain's mastery over them is unknown. Pain's Deva Path should prove a tremendous problem for Itachi due to devastating techniques such as the Shinra Tensei, Chibaku Tensei etc. Pain could have his Preta Path absorb Itachi's chakra if it manages to get his hands on him or he could simply use the Preta Path to negate any ninjutsu used Itachi. Itachi will also be overwhelmed by the ridiculously high number of summons that the Animal Path can bring forth in battle. The most troublesome Path I believe would be the Asura Path. It is capable of firing clusters of dangerous missiles, it could open the crown of its head to release a powerful shock-wave capable of simultaneously destroying entire buildings and it could use numerous sharp blades and drills. Its physical power was enough to rip Jiraiya's arm off so it is clear that the Asura Path would provide some heavy firepower.  Even if Itachi manages to destroy some of Pain's bodies, Pain's Outer Path can be used to repair any damaged or killed Path. Though Itachi is an exceptionally powerful shinobi mostly due to his speed and Mangekyou Sharingan techniques (Susanoo, Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi) he would be overwhelmed by the numerous bodies Pain has it his disposal and even his most powerful techniques such as Susanoo can only be used for a very short period of time. With the sufficient knowledge on Pain's abilities and enough prep time then Itachi would defeat him but in a random battle Pain would definitely win. I am also not certain about this but when Pain fought Kakashi he used his Rinnegan to cast some genjutsu-like mental attack I believe on Kakashi that caused him to involuntarily miss the Deva Path with his Chidori so I believe he could do the same to Itachi. ND  "

o, ops forgot, i ment pain(without other paths) vs itachi
@Satoris: On his own without hid paths Nagato is an emaciated shinobi who can barely move.  

ND
@Newdeath said:
" @Satoris: On his own without hid paths Nagato is an emaciated shinobi who can barely move.   ND "

i ment the path that has almighty push
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Newdeath: Isn't that only because he puts all his power Into the paths of pain?
@rein: Not really. While he does transmit his chakra to them, he became a withering emaciated version of himself when he first used the "Summoning: Demon Statue of the Outer Path" technique that automatically embedded numerous chakra rods in Nagato's back.  

@Satoris: Ah I see. 

ND
Post by taichokage (15,320 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
@Satoris: You mean Deva Path. Well gee that's only like 1/6 of Pain's power. Okay maybe 1/4 since Deva is the strongest body but it's still only one of six. I'd go with Itachi then.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I'm not thinking Tsukuyomi will be effective unless he can nab all of them at the same time. But I figure with Susanoo he could seal a few of them up, although they might be capable of being revived.  
Hell Sasuke's Susanoo arrow was blitzing Danzo and Kakashi, if Itachi is  capable of doing the same thing he might be able to own a lot of the bodies fairly quickly. 

Pein as far as I know was the most powerful character in the series when he was alive, now not soo much but still would likely pull out a win on Itachi IMO.
@Satoris: Then if it is only the Deva Path involved in the battle then Itachi surely wins. An intellectual shinobi like Itachi would easily spot the 5 second time limit the Deva Path has, not only that but compared to Itachi, the Deva Path is below him in terms of power and speed. 

ND
Post by judge (743 posts) See mini bio Level 7

depends really. 

one hit by deva path and itachi is done for. period. 
 however itachi's black flame can pose a problem
Post by sickVisionz (4,310 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@Newdeath said:
" @Satoris: Then if it is only the Deva Path involved in the battle then Itachi surely wins. An intellectual shinobi like Itachi would easily spot the 5 second time limit the Deva Path has, not only that but compared to Itachi, the Deva Path is below him in terms of power and speed.  ND "
Anime Deva isn't slower by any means.  He can deflect laser speed attacks (lasers), and in one run he was able to: 
- go so fast his feet blurred 
- reach a speed that let him ice skate on water 
- after that he then grinded up like a 100 ft mountain, hit the ground and deflect like 10 kyuubi projectiles. 

For power, I think Deva has the edge if we're talking about physical power or Itachi's non-MS powers.  He can deflect jutsu, potentially nullifying Amaterasu or at least buying him enough time to escape it.  Itachi can spam any of his attacks or he's basically out of the fight.  Pain can go all day.  Plus Deva Pain can take some major physical damage and keep on ticking like nothing happened.
@sickVisionz: The anime version of the Deva Path was indeed very fast although I'm using the manga version that is slower I believe. I'm assuming Itachi could defeat the Deva Path since he is a significantly intelligent shinobi with the necessary power I believe to handle the Deva Path. Amaterasu would prove a problem. Sealing the Deva Path with his Susanoo would be another option as well. 

ND
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel