Pain vs Tobirama

Topic started by Obito on Sept. 18, 2013. Last post by 321zigzag1 12 months ago.
Post by Obito (578 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Rules

- Tobirama is serious but not bloodlusted. 
- Pain is serious not bloodlusted. 
- Win via Death. 
- No prep time. 
- Who wins?

Post by taichokage (13,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I could see it going either way with heavy effort on either side. If Tobirama were to take out deva path early on, he would take it with effort, if not then Deva Path would be his undoing. At first I was leaning towards Pain but now I'd say Tobirama 3/5.
Post by phantomrant (1,348 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Pain based on feats. With so little Suiton feats in an area with so much dust, I don't see him being able to produce any powerful water techniques that could threaten any of the bodies. Tobirama is arguably faster, but the versatility and coordinative ability of the Paths will overwhelm him. Gravity control can repel his kunai and thus disrupt Hiraishin, which is his biggest asset. He has no way to counter animal summon spam.

Hopefully Tobirama invented the art of opening the eight gates, and thus can release all gates for some real firepower.

I felt similarly but I thought about it and with FTG, he ought to be able to blitz Deva Path. He was able to beat Izuna Uchiha back in the day and he was supposed to be on par with Madara pre Rinnegan or his fight with Hashirama. If sage Naruto could do it, I think Tobirama has a fair shot at it as well.
Post by xlab3000 (1,394 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Tobirama

Post by Kobra678 (3,180 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@taichokage: In the Pain fight, Naruto would have died if not for Hinata and the Kyubi, even then he barely won.

While true, Tobirama would not only not be easily prone to being pinned down due to FTG, but could avoid the likes of Pain's strongest techniques via escaping a fair distance or blitzing before they happened. Naruto had no such advantage. Also if we take into account that he beat Izuna, it's not far fetched at all to say he could beat Pain.
Post by Kobra678 (3,180 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@taichokage: Not saying that Tobirama would lose, I was just saying that Naruto would have lost the fight with Pain if not for Hinata.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,958 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I haven't seen anything impressive from Tobirama. The best thing to his name is the fact that he holds the title "Hokage". Pain should win low difficulty.
We haven't seen much but we know a lot. He beat Izuna who was was equal to pre Rinnegan Madara who already is stronger than Pain. He was the foremost water jutsu user and he created FTG and Edo Tensei. We might not have great fears on panel but thats still a lot. Even if Pain were to win, low difficulty might be a bit much. Naruto and Jiraiya put up heavy fights, Naruto eeking out a win barely due to a few factors.
Post by 321zigzag1 (650 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@taichokage said:

We haven't seen much but we know a lot. He beat Izuna who was was equal to pre Rinnegan Madara who already is stronger than Pain. He was the foremost water jutsu user and he created FTG and Edo Tensei. We might not have great fears on panel but thats still a lot. Even if Pain were to win, low difficulty might be a bit much. Naruto and Jiraiya put up heavy fights, Naruto eeking out a win barely due to a few factors.

Note that MS Madara is not EMS Madara. Although its not impossible MS Madara > Pain although it's hard to see.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel