Over The Limit!: AV Battle Community Vote Thread.

Topic started by Sonata on Nov. 24, 2013. Last post by SMXLR8 1 day, 16 hours ago.
Post by Dream (7,238 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Jinbeifan1: I don't mean the multi-planet level claim which is overestimating him. Vegeta at base stats is about small-planet level based off powerscaling from Piccolo's moon-busting ki blast. Going off the ten-times multiplier that the Oozaru form grants its user, it should make Vegeta roughly planet-level.

Also from I recall hearing on the series hype, only the top tiers (the Disciples) are at planet-busting level while the Heavenly Kings are somewhere at country/ continental level. If the Four Beast gave all four difficulty during their battle with it, then it would only place the monster at around the same level (continental-level being its top level) as all four of them. In that case, I don't see much reason to reopening the thread if there is that much of a gap in their attributes.

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,321 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Dream

Team FMA v.s. Doctor Who and Torchwood villains 

This thread was locked under the pretext that apparently a single Dalek could solo in spite of Daleks  never showing the capacity to tank building level attacks and getting blown up by lesser attacks such as an energy beam which has a destructive capacity which is inferior to Roy Mustang's snap and Kimbley 's clap  which could make building level explosions.Destructive capacity/durability didn't even need to brought up as Gluttony had shown the ability to bfr them with the gate.

@CerusSerenade  argued that since they were considered they werre threat to the Time Lords there destructive capacity must be great enough to withstand the attacks named above .However,the Time Lords are nearly feat less in terms of weaponry.He also said the Time Lords claimed a single Dalek was a life wiper to Gallifreyans, I couldn't find the quote for the life of me to scrutinize it's authenticity.

@MrASSH0LE: Not factoring in Cerus' claims, many of the races and Abaddon, from what I'm looking up, have technologies and abilities that would be very difficult for the FMA team to counteract and defend against, even effectively shutting down some of the FMA team's offensive options. Based on this assessment, I see no reason to unlock the thread.

Post by machmans (119 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Why was mystic gohan vs marvel now thor locked? There was no reason to lock it

Post by takashichea (11,042 posts) See mini bio Level 25

You already had your answer in your thread and in the PM. Because you guys were over quoting and bad blood was spilled over comic book and anime fans, I locked it early than 100 posts to prevent it from getting ugly. There were users who were getting more hostile.

Edit:

Wait for Dream or Sonata, the true battle mods, if they want to reopen that battle thread or not.

@machmans: After looking over the thread, I say it stays locked since things got too heated with you lashing out against several folks who disagreed with you and even having the nerve to bash the whole forum. Act up again and you'll be temp-banned.

@Dream: Please show me who I was lashing out at. I actually agreed with many of them and had other discussion as well. I already Pmed Takashichea and answered to his concerns. As you can see even he says there were other members getting hostile. Everything was fine on page 1 until one member starting bashing me and the whole forum. Another member had the nerve to bash the whole forum. I only responded saying they were wrong. It can stay locked Im only making sure it was locked for the right reasons

@machmans:

Here is what we gave you a warning on:

@EVA_01 said:

I hope this is a joke. I'm seriously disappointed by the lack of comic book readers here on AV. And why are comic book characters seriously down-played here? Thor takes this no problem.

Are you joking? Im seriously disappointed by the lack of comic readers who actually know what there talking about. I have read thor comics for a long time and I know plenty of people who read thor comics. AV actually wanks comic characters because it has new members like you popping up everyday who read respect threads and jump on the wank wagon. Thor would most likely lose he has no way to keep up with gohan speed.

You added more hate to the fire that a user had started.

I propose a compromise. I add who sneaked in this issue. I want him or her to listen. If you make complaints and insults in this community, you have to be held accountable for it. Rather than insulting the community for its lack of comic book readers, I suggest you come with a solution to educate users about comic books. It can be a Thor Respect thread or a beginner's guide to Comic books or Thor comic books to increase awareness of comic books.

For me, I'm a mod who values initiative and community projects. Complaints won't improve the community.

If you do that, I'll make an exception. It must be done with respect and ettiquette.

Before I propose the compromise, I must ask and if they approve this proposal should you accept afterwards because this isn't part of my jurisdiction. As a temp assistant, I lock threads, but I don't unlock them. The only mods who unlock battle threads are the true battle mods, Dream and Sonata.

Post by SMXLR8 (6,926 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@takashichea: so I am in trouble? and yeah it sounded like an insult but lets see what the user has to say first

@SMXLR8:

You're not in trouble. I want you to observe.

@takashichea: The guy seems to have preconceived notions on how folks in the Battle forum judge things for matches, judging from the wanking comment). While I'm all for discussion on the capabilities of characters outside of anime/ manga, it shouldn't be done under any notions you would have of the forum as a whole since that would have folks assuming you are talking beneath them and potentially tick them off. There will always be differing points of view in a debate and that should be respected instead of directly attacking other users or the community as a whole for having differing thoughts than you on a topic of discussion.

That being said, I'm still keeping that thread locked. While it is okay to counter any claims made by others if you created said match as long as you are civil about it, it isn't right to directly attack the user under any conceived notions of said user or the community as a whole and acting as if you think you know more than everybody else.

@Dream:

I understand. I was wrong then. I will abide by your decision then.

Sorry Machmans.

@SMXLR8: I seen your comments last night, but had no time to reply since I was about to call it a night. I'm not trying to be a hard-ass with moderating folks in the forum. However, there are occasions where folks can take debate in here too personally or people act like they are holier than thou and I only intervene to keep things from getting too heated or to cool off egos.

@takashichea: Ok Im sorry for adding flame to the fire but that is what I was talking about that user said AV downplays comic I only retaliated by saying they dont at all to balance things out. Thanks for proposing the compromise, I appreciate it. Im ok with the thread staying locked now since things have cleared up. I will consider making the thor comic thread in the future. Sorry for bothering you.

@Dream: I dont have preconceived notions, if you read that comment I only replied the other member who started it with their preconvieved notions and attacking the whole community, they said AV downplays comics I only answered back. Im ok with you keeping the thread locked now, I just wanted to clear things up.

@takashichea: Its fine thanks for trying, I appreciate it, sorry for bothering you.

@machmans: If you think someone is trying to flame a thread, flag the comment or PM me or any other forum mods next time so we can take action whenever we get on here. Personally taking things into your own hands will make things more bad for you if things escalate in a thread.

Post by SMXLR8 (6,926 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@takashichea: @Dream: Look guys I get it being a mod is not for weak of heart but sometimes people say things in the heat of moment that come to bite them in the rear later on.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel