One-Armed Grimmjow VS Byakuya

Topic started by SMXLR8 on Oct. 23, 2013. Last post by Carter_esque 9 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,078 posts) See mini bio Level 16

This is Byakuya as of the Soul Society Arc. He starts off in Shikai.

Rules

no prep , in character , standard equipment , Byakuya can be current if needed

Location - Karakura Town

Both start about 50 meters a part

Post by taichokage (12,879 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Current Byakuya may or may not be stronger than before, but I believe one armed Grimmjow beat pre vizard Ichigo and fought on par with base vizard Shinji (neither realeasing though). He ought to be stronger than Byakuya. But currently it is hard to say.
Post by phantomrant (1,325 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Yeah Grimmjow would maim him.

SS arc Shikai Byakuya's feats aren't good enough to beat an Espada. Although he may pull off some tricks with Utsusemi, his speed isn't too much that Grimmjow can't react to him. And seeing as how his Hierro was able to tank Tensa Zangetsu, I doubt Senbonzakura at the time could do any better to his Hierro than it did to As Nodt's Blut Vene.

Grimmjow is ferocious and brutal. He would be able to Cero his way through the petals, get into close range, and then punt Byakuya around.

Even an one-armed Grimmjow was able to trash Bankai Ichigo who had regained his confidence from subjugating his Hollow, and was able to take a Cero from a serious masked Shinji.

Post by AnimeDefender (2,662 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Grimmjow wins

Post by katanalauncher (405 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Byakuya should stomp one armed base Grimmjow.

Ichigo is not a good indicator for strength as he fluctuate from factors such as reiatsu and resolve.

Byakuya defeating released #7 espada is more than enough proof for him to be able to defeat a gimped base #6 espada.

The difference between #7 and #6 is not that large, especially when you are comparing with base of grimmjow.

Not sure about release though, it's possible that Grimmjow can't even use it when he's missing that arm.

Post by P3IN (330 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Not sure about release though, it's possible that Grimmjow can't even use it when he's missing that arm.

im pretty sure sure grimmjow CAN release even in those circumstances considering he was about to when ulquiorra intercepted

Post by katanalauncher (405 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@P3IN said:

im pretty sure sure grimmjow CAN release even in those circumstances considering he was about to when ulquiorra intercepted

my bleach memory is a little blurry, I gathered that from him not releasing against shinji and vizard ichigo.

Also he was briefly kicked out of the espada when he lost his arm, instead just lowered a few ranks.

Post by AFGM (136 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Byakuya cuz of his scarf

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@taichokage: @phantomrant: The Ichigo who fought Grimmy was weaker than what he was in SS.

The substitute badge suppressed his power, remember?

Post by taichokage (12,879 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Oh yeah, good point. However it was still only base Grimmjow and the fact that Shinji put on his vizard mask means something. If Grimmjow were to release, I would still say he'd beat Byakuya for now.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,655 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Online Now

@taichokage: but we also see him (with Kenpachi) beating Yammy lol...

Post by phantomrant (1,325 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@supernova7005 said:

@phantomrant: The Ichigo who fought Grimmy was weaker than what he was in SS.

The substitute badge suppressed his power, remember?

He was slower, but Ichigo who fought Grimmjow for the second time was definitely more powerful (in fact, this was stated during his Vizard training), which obviously makes sense.

The badge was designed to regulate his reiatsu, but it was never used to do so. And why would it? Ichigo's their trump card.

Post by Carter_esque (577 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Hmm Idk... I think Byakuya could take one-armed Grimm as long as Grimm doesn't release.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel