Official Anime Vice Character Tier List

Topic started by willyvereb on March 9, 2011. Last post by Low 8 months, 1 week ago.
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Following rein's idea I made this thread. This is a database that groups each character in a certain category of power. It's a measure to prevent the sporadic increase of stomp threads. Anyone can check this list to see whether the match-up of his choice is even a fair battle. Characters on higher tier have better chance against lower tiers and reverse. Although I tell you in advance that this list won't be perfect.Neither I can promise you that weaker characters can't beat the ones ranking stronger. It's just a general guide to help you at making new battles.

The list is expansive and I try my best to update it as often as I could. Perhaps for that I need your constant activity here. You are free to nominate characters to certain spots. Of course discussions or debates are allowed and even encouraged here. Despite my previous comment I wish this list to be as great as possible.

Well then. Here comes the long list! Read carefully!

Tier 9 - Human level:

Low:

Med:

Ippo Makunouchi, Sousuke Sagara

High:

Edward Elric, Eikichi Onizuka

Tier 8 - Enhanced Human level

Low:

Gene Starwind, Kenichi Matsuyama, Tsukune Aono

Med:

Kanade Tachibana(aka Tenshi), Kei Kurono, Kenshin Himura, Lucy (anime), Moka Akashiya, Oga Tatsumi

High:

Lina Inverse, Sakura Kinomoto

Tier 7 - Superhuman level

Low:

Ikki Minami, Uzumaki Naruto, Sora Takeuchi, Zaraki Kenpachi

Med:

Aizen, Berserker, Younger Toguro

High:

Gilgamesh, Saber, Hiei, Ichigo Kurosaki (FGT), Kid Goku, Kyubi, Mihawk, Saotome Ranma, Solty Revant, Takamachi Nanoha, Whitebeard, Yamamoto Genryusai, Yusuke Urameshi

Tier 6 - Metahuman level

Low:

Dio Brando, Evangeline McDowell, Fate Averruncus, Lucy (manga) Nagi Springfield, Negi Springfield, Jack Rakan, Xellos

Med:

Chise

High:

Yuki Nagato

Tier 5 - Cosmic level

Low:

Belldandy, Buu, Cell, Frieza, Son Gohan, Son Goku, Son Goten, Trunks, Vegeta

Med:

Sailor Galaxia

High:

Tier 4 - Celestial level

Low:

Michael(base), Hao Asakura (inside GS)

Med:

High:

Sailor Moon, Sailor Cosmos

Tier 3 - Galactic level

Low:

Dark Schneider, Gemini Saga

Med:

High:

Tier 2 - Universal level

Low:

Haruhi Suzumiya, Lain Iwakura

Med:

Tenchi Masaki (base)

High:

Tier 1 - Multiversal level

Low:

Lina Inverse (avatar of LoN), Noein

Med:

Counter-actor, Haruka Kaminogi, Tokimi, Tsunami, Washu, Zeedmillenniumon

High:

Kami Tenchi

Yeah, the list is pretty loose for now. Your job's to fill the empty spots. Name any character and say which tier it should be. The rest is up to the community and myself. As for which tier means which power level you can either ask me or view this page (search for my longest post).

Best luck!

Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11

goku should be tier 9 low
Post by Nevermind (942 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Copied and pasted by my own volition:

Tier 9 - Human level:
  • Low aka. normal humans: They have no powers whatsoever and their "skills" stay in the realm of reality on all accounts.
  • Med: Peak humans of sorts. Characters with insane skills and abilities that sometimes pass the scope a human could possible do.(I.e: super competent soldiers like Sousuke Sagara)
  • High: Bordering line. Characters with an obviously superhuman ability while still possessing human-like physical powers (I.e.: Edward Elric, early Naruto chars). Alternatively "peak humans" who became a little too much peak (Ie.: Batman, Capt America...the comics' idea of "peak humans" in general)
Tier 8 - Enhanced human level: These are characters possess superhuman feats and pretty common in Shounen manga.
  • Low: Can defeat peak human-like characters with ease. Yet they stay as street level threat. Remarkably bellow supersonic speed and barely reaching building-buster levels. (I.e: Sasuke in the Chuunin exam arc)
  • Med: Characters that can cause considerable damage to their environment. Often bullet-timers or even supersonic chars. (I.e.: Kenshin, Oga Tatsumi)
  • High: Characters above building-busting levels. Often with other powerful abilities and supersonic moves. (I.e: Vice Captains in Bleach)
Tier 7 - Superhuman level: Characters with over-the-top powers that would make any sane person cringe IF it wouldn't be fiction.
  • Low: Characters that can pawn the previous tier with ease. That's all. (I.e.: most Captains in Bleach)
  • Medium: Characters who can clean entire streets with a single move and generally considered a danger even being close to them. (I.e.: Younger Toguro, Aizen in base)
  • High: Characters that are barely bellow or just at citybusting levels. Usually other haxes are included. Top tiers in HST are like this. (I.e.: FGT Ichigo, Yamamoto, Whitebeard, Mihawk, Kyubi at full power, Gilgamesh)
Tier 6 - Metahuman: Generally anyone who can give a run for the US military's power in one person. 
  • Low: Similar to the above. Characters that are somehow superior to the entirety of HST in power. (I.e.: Negima high tiers like Rakan, Evangeline and eventually Negi)
  • Country busters and continental threats. (Satan in Devilman and 666Satan)
  • Life Wipers. Able to casually kill the entire human race or turn the surface of Earth into ash. (Angra Mainyu from Fate/Stay Night, Yashahime from Kurohime)
Tier 5 - Cosmics : Planetbusters to starbusters:
  • Low: Planetbuster without FTL feats and methods to reach space on their own power. (I.e.: DB characters like Goku and Vegeta)
  • Med: FTL Planetbusters and multi-planet busters, interplanetary threats (I.e.: Sailor Galaxia)
  • High: Starbusters ( Dohko by feats, supposedly Fiama and Archangels at full power from ToAru)
Tier 4 - Celestials: Anything from busting a solar system to destroying some portion of the Galaxy.
  • Low: solar system busting
  • Med: Multi-star system busters
  • High: Characters can bust a portion of the Galaxy and affect things on Galactical scale.
Tier 3 - Galactical:
Tier 2 - Universal
  • Low: Can bust an universe
  • Mid: Can manipulate the universe, reality warping powers on universal scale.
  • High: complete control of the Universe.
Tier 1 - Multiversal:
  • Low: can destroy more than a single universe (I.e.: Hades from Saint Seiya)
  • Med: Can affect entire collection of universes, like destroying all parallel worlds.(I.e.: Zeedmilleneummon)
  • High: Omnipotent or very close to it. Alternatively called Tier 0. (I.e.: Lord of Nightmares from Slayers, Kami Tenchi)
DBZ characters Frieza and up: Tier 5 low.
Sailor Galaxia is definitely Tier Five mid.
EoS Sailor Moon is Tier 4 high.
Dark Schneider and Uriel are Tier 3 low.
Seraph Angels and Devil Lords from Bastard!! would be Tier 4 high or Tier 3 low (most likely the latter).
Dark Schneider's Riders of Havoc- Arshes Nei, Kal Su, Abigail, and Gara would be Tier 7 mid most likely, though they can amp themselves to levels bordering or at high.
Lina Inverse is unique. Normally she'd be Tier 7 medium (in terms of power output). With the Dragon Slave she's Tier 7 high. With the Giga Slave she's universe plus, so Tier 2 low.

Those are a few, I guess I'll do a bit more later. Have you been referencing the DFW wiki with this tiering by any chance? ;) There's a few differences but it's pretty similar.
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Nevermind: Not bad. They're about right in placement. The only exception is Lina. Her low speed makes her ranking lower on the power scale. Pity but destructive ability isn't everything.
Also I wonder: Shall we put up the alternate forms of certain characters? Like Kid Goku or LoN-possessed Lina.
Post by Sonata (35,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@willyvereb: You probably should uses their alternate forms, so there wont be too much confusion.
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@willyvereb said:

Shall we put up the alternate forms of certain characters? Like Kid Goku or LoN-possessed Lina. "

Definitly

How are we going to decide which character goes in which tier? by voting?
Post by Sonata (35,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Nevermind:  I like the list so far, nice work:)
@willyvereb:  Well I did say "by pure power output." If you're gonna measure other things then it's hard to place her with hypersonic people even though she has the same power output.
Post by KeitaKuhn (658 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Demonbane at Tier 1 High
Yukari Yakumo at Tier 2 Mid-High 

What about characters who are hax in power, but not even planet buster? Like Yuyuko Saigyouji who has the explicit power to manipulate death? Or Keine Kamishirasawa who can alledgedly manipulate history.
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Tier 8 - Enhanced human level: These are characters possess superhuman feats and pretty common in Shounen manga.
  • Low: Kid Goku (beggining of dragonball)
  • Med:
  • High:
Tier 7 - Superhuman level: Characters with over-the-top powers that would make any sane person cringe IF it wouldn't be fiction.
  • Low:
  • Medium:
  • High: Kid Goku (after training with Roshi)
Tier 6 - Metahuman: Generally anyone who can give a run for the US military's power in one person. 
  • Low:
  • Medium: Kid Goku (strongest form)
  • High: Teen Goku
Tier 5 - Cosmics : Planetbusters to starbusters:
  • Low: Saiyan saga Goku
  • Med: SSJ Goku (Namek Saga)
  • High: SSJ3 Goku

This is how I would place Goku.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
My suggestions are mainly for the protagonist for now, I'll try to add some new ones later.

Tier 9 - Human level:

Low:

Med: Ippo (Hajime no Ippo)

High: Onizuka (GTO)

Tier 8 - Enhanced Human level

Low: Sakura (CCS) - not entirely sure if i should put her here. She has never displayed building + Destructive abilities or bullet timing speeds, but she has some pretty hax abilities including stopping time and erasing people from reality, Lucy (Elfen lied Anime), Gene starwind (Outlaw star) 

Med:  Kei kurono (Gantz), Ikki Minami (Air gear) Angel (Angel beats), Kenichi (Histories strongest disciple)

High: Tsukune Aono (Rosario+vampire), Moka (Rosario+vampire), Karumi (Steel angel karumi) Takeru takemoto (This ugly yet beautiful world)

Tier 7 - Superhuman level

Low: Akasha bloodriver (Rosario+vampire)

Med:

High: Tsuna Sawada (Katekyo hitman reborn) Yusuke (Yu yu hakusho)

Tier 6 - Metahuman level

Low: Lucy (Elfen lied manga), akuto sai (Ichiban ushiro no daimo)

Med:

High:

Tier 5 - Cosmic level

Low:

Med: Belldandy (Ah! My Goddess), Laharl (Disgaea)

High:

Tier 4 - Celestial level

Low:

Med:

High:

Tier 3 - Galactic level

Low:

Med:

High:

Tier 2 - Universal level

Low:

Med: Bobobobo,  Drosselmeyer (Princess Tutu) 

High:

Tier 1 - Multiversal level

Low:

Med:  The Choushin, The Counter-actor

High:

Post by taichokage (12,899 posts) See mini bio Level 20
This could be a decent scale on destructive based characters. I think that non destruction based characters could be placed in the level of a destructive character they could beat. Using comic characters as reference, Magneto is potentially planetary level. Not planet buster but he can affect the whole world or destroy cities. But Professor X can beat him despite the fact that his destructive capacity is normal human level, thus a hax character can be placed in the category of a destructive character that they could beat. I see a flaw in my own suggestion but it is the best that I can think of right now.

Human/low destruction
9. human level or lower
9. athletic/skilled human
9. peak human/low super human

House/building
8. room busting (grenade level)
8. house busting
8. building buster

Block
7. Sky scraper buster
7. Block Buster
7. Multi Block Buster

City
6. partial/small city buster, village buster
6. genuine city buster
6. multi city/island buster

Planetary  
5. Country/moon buster
5. planet buster
5. multi planet/ dwarf star buster

Solar
4. Star Buster
4. Solar System/ super giant star buster
4. Multi Star System Buster

Galactic
3. Partial Galaxy buster
3. Galaxy Buster
3. Multi Galaxy Buster

Universal
2. Pocket/Mini Universe Buster
2. Universe Buster
2. Universal Control

Multiversal
1. Multiverse Buster
1. Virtual Omniscience many other haxes besides multiversal destruction
1. God figure/Omniscience
Post by Dream (7,418 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Considering Noein is a multiversal reality warper and capable of absorbing entire universes into his realm, I'd say he would fit nicely in Tier 1 Med.
Out of curiosity, where would people who can fight armies in their world go? I want to put the Rance characters here, but not sure where to put most of them since they are all capable of taking on small platoons of soldiers(read, approaching 1000) alone.
Post by astrea (60 posts) See mini bio Level 6
 Because gilgamesh it is in the tier 7 if we know that this exceeds 30% Arcueid has the power to bring down the moon and this at least would be a continental threat
Isn't Arc capable of being a Type?
Post by astrea (60 posts) See mini bio Level 6
 I mean 30% Arcueid, with full power can easily overtake Gilgamesh
And 100% Arcueid can not compete against a Type, she only arch-type
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14
this is cool to bad theres no rpg form : /
This is 'Anime' vice. RPGs probably would be allowed if they were anime related.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel