Nero ( Devil may cry ) vs Lucy ( Elfen Lied )

Topic started by Caionsouza on Feb. 7, 2013. Last post by Donofwar11 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by Caionsouza (20 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Post by MarioRedfield (1,917 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Mismatch.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,047 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Kinda wishing I didn't skip through Elfen Lied as of late...

@UltimateHero0406: It's one of the only animes I actually watched 100% through.

@MarioRedfield: When I first saw it, the gore was a bit off putting to me so that's why I didn't complete it. But I'll go back and finish it soon.

@UltimateHero0406: I can say confidently that if Nero is only half of what Dante is at his weakest, he can comfortably defeat Lucy.

Post by niBBit (664 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Can Nero even see her Vectors? Nero is stronger than Lucy in any department but iirc in the manga Lucy's Vectors where able to crush cities, don't know if Nero can survive that.

@niBBit: If he has Yamato his DT may protect him.

Post by niBBit (664 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@UltimateHero0406: True. Nero with his Yamato and DT can dish out some serious power and fast. Nero overall is faster,stronger,durable and has more abilities and so on. The thing that worries me is, if Nero doesn't see Lucy Vectors and doesn't finish her off at the get go then i believe Lucy can rip Nero in half. Nero has been hurt before by Agnus when he shoved a sword in his chest witch is nothing compared to Lucy's Vectors in the manga witch was powerfull enough to lvl cities (or the planet can't really remember but her Vectors could be seen from outerspace!)

Lucy's Vectors have more than enough power to take Nero out imo. Remember Lucy doesn't only slice with her Vectors she litterly grabs you (Vector hands) and rips you apart, now can Nero breek free when one of Lucy's Vectors holds him by his leg before Lucy's rips it off? Its been a while since i saw Elfen Lied but does Lucy have any superhuman speed/durabily etc?

Post by ReliusClover (784 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Nero only has supersonic+ feats and pretty much nothing he does except perhaps a slash of Yamato will do shit.

But till then he's already being taken apart limb for limb.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,735 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Lucy takes Nero apart from a continent away.

Post by katmic (453 posts) See mini bio Level 10

In anime there is this thing where you don't always need to be able to see something to dodge it. Nero tears Lucy apart

@katmic: Besides the fact that you need precognition or some kind of instinct to do so, Lucy's vectors are to fast for Nero to even realize he's in a battle let alone do something.

No one seems to be considering nero's demon form. There is an assumption that he is susceptible to the vector's strength. Maybe i am mistaken but i don't remember Nero ever taking lasitng damage from non magical weapons

@katmic: Nero before getting his Devil Trigger was human level when it comes to surviving shit, a headshot would be instant death. After DT he got some regan but won't save him from having his head ripper off.

It's you who is making an assumption, nothing suggest that Nero (or anyone in DMC for that matter) can only be hurt by magic and magical weapons. Unless you can provide me with a scene where he gets ripped apart then the comes back up the whole argument is void.

I make that conclusion by assuming that Nero and Dante are more or less the same (with some slight differences as far as power is concerned) and i distinctly remember Dante taking a bullet to the head in devil may cry 3, then he got stabbed in the chest in 4. Chances are Nero is just as durable. As a half demon, nero can not be human level

@katmic: He isn't half demon, he's 1/4 demon at best as there is not direct statement and just some very vague implications. Nero's not even close to Dante in any way, shape or form. And even so, Dante just has regeneration he does not resist attacks but he heals form them, he still gets hurt by weapons normally and actually when he gets tired it turns off allowing guys like Arkham to bitchslap both him, Vergil and Lady around at the same time. Yes Dante has some nice regeneration, but having his head cut off with a simple kitchen knife would result in permanent death.

And all of this applies to Dante only, Nero is miles below him.

Where do you get this regeneration business? I distinctly remember Lady shooting Dante in the head at point blank range. He doesn't even slow down? That can't be regenration. And i just remembered a little bit more about Nero so i am starting to think you are right.

@katmic: Because that's the only logical conclusion. The bullet hit him, he was bleeding, yet a scene later there is no hole, which means it was closed. He was impaled in every game (save DMC2) and there is not hole and in the anime he was nailed to a cross first with his own sword and later pierced by many spikes of Abigail yet he broke free and healed. If Dante did not bleed in any of these scenes i would say that he has enough durability to ignore stuff like that but as he did bleed (and we clearly see him being hurt) to only conclusion you can get is regeneration, something other demons have displayed as well (hell even the new weak as hell reboot Dante) and even the material books and wiki refere to it as healing. It's pretty much common knowledge when it comes to DMC lol.

That paired up with his high pain tolerance makes him pretty much unstoppable when you can't dish out enough damage to hurt him permanently.

Post by T1000 (42 posts) See mini bio Level 5

@MarioRedfield said:

Mismatch.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel