Natsu Dragneel Vs Human Torch

Topic started by AnimeDefender on July 20, 2013. Last post by OfficialRikudouSennin 2 months, 1 week ago.
Post by katmic (295 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@CerusSerenade: That isn't a distinction that fairy tail makes. it simply says that natsu can eat fire. He did it a lot in the beginning. like when was fighting gajeel. He ate the flames created there explosive fight. those flames were not magically created.

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@CerusSerenade said:

@katmic: That applies to to magic, Torch's flames are natural.

Natsu has eaten natural fire as well. moot point is moot.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,432 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@katmic: Yes, he can eat fire. But he can't steal powers from natural fire, only magic elements.

Neither does it matter, the heat of a supernova would kill Natsu before he could eat the flames anyway.

@CerusSerenade said:

@katmic: Yes, he can eat fire. But he can't steal powers from natural fire, only magic elements.

He never steals powers, he just gets a powerup from eating the fire and human torches fire would be no different. He'd eat it and he'd get a power up.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,015 posts) See mini bio Level 10

How would natsu gain a power up from natural fire? Humasn torch's flames have no special property it is just fire. However human torch has learned to master the flames but his mastery of fire wouldn't travel to natsu.

Also the person who talks about the lightening that is the speed of natural lightening traveling from the air to the ground. Natural lightening=/= magical lightening. Also 50,000=/=1million.

A heat of 1million degrees or above is required to even faze johnny and even then any flame that comes his way he can just as easily control it.

Neither can hurt the other until human torch goes supernova and kills natsu.

@TheNeutralOne said:

How would natsu gain a power up from natural fire? Humasn torch's flames have no special property it is just fire. However human torch has learned to master the flames but his mastery of fire wouldn't travel to natsu.

Also the person who talks about the lightening that is the speed of natural lightening traveling from the air to the ground. Natural lightening=/= magical lightening. Also 50,000=/=1million.

A heat of 1million degrees or above is required to even faze johnny and even then any flame that comes his way he can just as easily control it.

Natsu gains power from eating fire in general it does not need any special properties at all for him to get a power up from it. he eats fire, he gets stronger, that's literally how it happens.

I'm also sick of explaining How In character HT would never resort to Nova anyway so It's a moot point to make.

Human Torch can't hurt by fire at all, heat is a different story. He has no resistance to heat at all.

Natsu could just use lightning or something and electrocute HT and win via that. He isn't immune to lightning IIRC storm has electrocuted and defeated him on multiple occasions.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,136 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@solesamurai said:

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@CerusSerenade: Next we'll have people saying that Natsu could eat Dormammu.

All the same, I'd give this to Natsu.

Where the hell, do you people get that Pyron and HT = Dormammu? Where talking about a living bonfire, and a moving candle stick vs one of the most powerful Magical entities ever fathomed in fiction. His flame isn't even hot, it's basically a crown as acknowledgment for him being Ruler of the dark dimension. It's a magical fire that doesn't even generate heat. Even if pyron could take on galactus, he'd never hope of taking on dormammu.

...you realise I was taking the piss out of people who would suggest that, right? Did you not read my comment properly or something? Obviously Dormammu could solo the whole FT universe.

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@solesamurai said:

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@CerusSerenade: Next we'll have people saying that Natsu could eat Dormammu.

All the same, I'd give this to Natsu.

Where the hell, do you people get that Pyron and HT = Dormammu? Where talking about a living bonfire, and a moving candle stick vs one of the most powerful Magical entities ever fathomed in fiction. His flame isn't even hot, it's basically a crown as acknowledgment for him being Ruler of the dark dimension. It's a magical fire that doesn't even generate heat. Even if pyron could take on galactus, he'd never hope of taking on dormammu.

...you realise I was taking the piss out of people who would suggest that, right? Did you not read my comment properly or something? Obviously Dormammu could solo the whole FT universe.

I realized exactly what you were saying. I was more so responding to the HT hyping that was going on this thread, like comparing him to pyron then you added dormammu in like someone would actually suggest it. I was getting iriitated at people blatantly not knowing jack shit about HT and assuming this fight was won because of His Name. Half the people who said he'd win don't even read comics if they think HT is on a plane close to that of pyron. I was also responding out of confusion for your choice of character. Dormammu isn't composed of fire, he's sentient mystical energy. His crown wouldn't even help natsu out as it generates no heat. It's just a crown acknowledging him as the ruler of the dark dimension. Even if Natsu ate it, he wouldn't get anything from it. So it was kind of a dumb suggestion to think he could eat Dormammu.

Post by AnimeDefender (2,662 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@TheNeutralOne said:

The only reason why i mentioned the 50,000 degrees thing is because I just wanted to prove how hot Natsu can eat things without taking much damage.

Post by katmic (295 posts) See mini bio Level 10

No one seems to understand that even if human torch can go super nova (which has never done) he will not do that at the start. the first average flames that he unleashes, those natsu will be able to eat. more importantly, torch's flames might be natural but i do not know about them not having any properties. Torch didn't really have to spend months mastering to cover his entire body in fire. That more or less just happened. at the very least that is a property of this fire that natsu would acquire.

@katmic said:

No one seems to understand that even if human torch can go super nova (which has never done) he will not do that at the start. the first average flames that he unleashes, those natsu will be able to eat. more importantly, torch's flames might be natural but i do not know about them not having any properties. Torch didn't really have to spend months mastering to cover his entire body in fire. That more or less just happened. at the very least that is a property of this fire that natsu would acquire.

Human Torch has gone super nova multiple times. It's just moot to state he will when in character he wouldn't even think of it. hell morals off he still wouldn't do it without Susan being there to contain the heat.

@solesamurai:

Human torch cannot be effected by heat either. His body is engulfed in flames and he can go super nova without dying. I'm sorry but that seems like quite a bit of heat to me.

Also human torch doesn't even have to go fully super nova. He just has to go hot enough for natsu do be vaporized.

You misunderstand what I was saying about his power up from the fire. He would not gain any special properties from the fire like human torch's abilities. He would only get a normal strength boost.

Also that lightening blast is assuming human torch is in close proximity and it is a surprise attack. Natsu is not that much of a genius so he would in fact be using his powers without realizing he is showing off all his trump cards. Human torch just has to fly around and knock natsu with his blasts in blind spots as the first blast he will try to hit him with natsu will probably swallow it if he doesn't first demonstrate that ability when human torch first ignites. Forgive me if im wrong but wasn't natsu being hurt by that guys "god" flames? So couldn't human torch essentially be blasting natsu from behind with his blasts which could destroy a meteor the size of manhattan and injure him? Human torch rarely ever goes fist to fist and im sure he can melt through metal with just a touch so even if natsu gets close couldn't he just melt his arms off? I'm just saying human torch is immune to anything natsu can dish out except the lightening and he can fly around to avoid that and if worst comes to worst and natsu shows himself to be a threat by destroying the city human torch can go nova to stop him.

Post by 321zigzag1 (637 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I am so getting reminded of Ace vs Natsu here.  

Although Ace and Torch have differences.

@TheNeutralOne said:

@solesamurai:

Human torch cannot be effected by heat either. His body is engulfed in flames and he can go super nova without dying. I'm sorry but that seems like quite a bit of heat to me.

Also human torch doesn't even have to go fully super nova. He just has to go hot enough for natsu do be vaporized.

You misunderstand what I was saying about his power up from the fire. He would not gain any special properties from the fire like human torch's abilities. He would only get a normal strength boost.

Also that lightening blast is assuming human torch is in close proximity and it is a surprise attack. Natsu is not that much of a genius so he would in fact be using his powers without realizing he is showing off all his trump cards. Human torch just has to fly around and knock natsu with his blasts in blind spots as the first blast he will try to hit him with natsu will probably swallow it if he doesn't first demonstrate that ability when human torch first ignites. Forgive me if im wrong but wasn't natsu being hurt by that guys "god" flames? So couldn't human torch essentially be blasting natsu from behind with his blasts which could destroy a meteor the size of manhattan and injure him? Human torch rarely ever goes fist to fist and im sure he can melt through metal with just a touch so even if natsu gets close couldn't he just melt his arms off? I'm just saying human torch is immune to anything natsu can dish out except the lightening and he can fly around to avoid that and if worst comes to worst and natsu shows himself to be a threat by destroying the city human torch can go nova to stop him.

So in your head, someone who has control over what their heat touches, how it effects people, and how much is exerted. Is now all of a sudden supposed to be some kind of heat tanking god? lol

He wouldn't go super nova at all.

That's what i was talking about.

Wrong, he can be effect by lightning as he nas no counter for it. he has been defeated by storm multiple times and featwise on battles it is generally considered quite the easy victory for her. Natsu could just fire some lightning at him and he would be effected by it.

@solesamurai:

So in your head, someone who has control over what their heat touches, how it effects people, and how much is exerted. Is now all of a sudden supposed to be some kind of heat tanking god? lol

^ did you read what you typed?

Because that does in fact make him an expert at controlling heat not to mention the fact that he can go super nova and only be tired. Explain to me how one reaches super nova heats and not get effected but gets affected by temperatures not even close to it. I don't get what you were trying to accomplish.

He can be affected by lightening but you cannot compare storm to natsu. Storm uses natural lightening and on top of that is leagues better than natsu in every single way. Her lightening isn't the only key factor to her victory its her experience and extreme battle knowledge. Natsu isn't a genius and he just tries any attack until one of them works. Literally. Also human torch can clearly avoid any melee range lightening attack natsu has and any ranged one will probably not hit him considering he moves pretty fast.

@TheNeutralOne said:

@solesamurai:

^ did you read what you typed?

Because that does in fact make him an expert at controlling heat not to mention the fact that he can go super nova and only be tired. Explain to me how one reaches super nova heats and not get effected but gets affected by temperatures not even close to it. I don't get what you were trying to accomplish.

He can be affected by lightening but you cannot compare storm to natsu. Storm uses natural lightening and on top of that is leagues better than natsu in every single way. Her lightening isn't the only key factor to her victory its her experience and extreme battle knowledge. Natsu isn't a genius and he just tries any attack until one of them works. Literally. Also human torch can clearly avoid any melee range lightening attack natsu has and any ranged one will probably not hit him considering he moves pretty fast.

I guess you didn't understand what i was trying to say because nothing in it was weird. YOU pointed out in this thread, how Human Torch's degree of control over his flame was so severe he could control what was effected by the heat of his flame and such in order to interact with people with his flames on. Then you attempted to say he has a resistance to heat because he wears his flames, i countered it by saying how is it he can control his flames to that degree but it's assumed he just deals with the heat with them on. Basically I caught you contradicting yourself.

How is it you got from my statement storm = natsu? I said if storm can electrocute him, Natsu should have 0 issues doing the same. and generally we assume PIS is off in battles, natsu while not the smartest guy isn't exactly dumb either, he'll figure out that using fire against some who can cover themselves in the stuff = not such a good idea.

Show me 1 good reactionary Human torch feat. I'd love to see where he gets this amazing speed from, He flys fast, he isn't a fast fighter stop making shit up.

Post by hellrazor48010 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2

I think we are forgetting a few points here

1: natsu doesn't just use natural flames these are magical dragon flames which is stated in the in the fairy tail

2: natsu also can use a few forms to hurt johnny he can use lighting and.. godslayer magic, which all forms of weather lightning or fire these are not natural so to say johnny can just with stand it, because he can engulf himself in flames isn't right that is like saying look i have this fire proof coat * pours acid on it* it will still burn differnt type of burning wound. though yes they are flames they are differnt in the way they damage a person sorry to say im gonna have to go with natsu on this one

Post by Saladking (733 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@TheNeutralOne:

Natsu can at least eat Dormammu's flames but that's a bad example putting him up against someone who's stalemated Eternity

I don't even know why this debate is still going on, Natsu would blitz and smear Johnny all over the the ground with his physical punches alone. Is Johnny's durability even building level? If not he dies from a normal punch.

Post by LHWKnight (2,602 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Online Now

@solesamurai said:

@YoungChief said:

@solesamurai said:

@CerusSerenade said:

You're telling me Natsu could eat a nuke or the sun?

There are limits to his flame absorption.

1. He has not shown any limits

2. He has eaten the fire of a magical doomsday device before a nuke should be well within his ability of absorption.

Just because he hasn't shown a limit, doesn't mean he has none, that is retarded, none of the fire he has ever eaten has even been close to the temperatures Johnny can reach. Also Johnny is faster, at least mach 32, escape velocity from the earth and all, likely faster but it wouldn't matter still faster than Natsu either way. His blasts have destroyed large asteroids before too, he pretty much outclasses Natsu here. The only option Natsu has is to eat his flames, btw, Johnny can just reignite himself if it happened, and it wouldn't, because the only argument for Natsu eating million degree flames is "well he never showed that he couldn't", hm, yeah.

1. Derp justderp becausederp hederp hasntderp shown a limitderp doesn'tderp mean derpderpderp hederp doesntderp have onederp. that statement was retarded. Johnny's potential is all implied hype with no feats, he's gone supernova a few times while IIRC and it's generally assumed at his most powerful he can achieve absolute hot. But this is all baseless hype that doesn't matter since he hasn't done it.

2. natsu would eat his flames and get the power boost from them, he does it all the time.

3. Johnny cannot achieve millions of degrees despite going super nova he has never shown that his power reach tempatures to that extreme

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/56369/1334958-medsupernovaphysical2.jpg <--- wouldn't let me post this in pic form for some reason.

He used his "nova" flame on hulk in these scans and it did nothing to the hulk(who has nowhere even close to super nova level durability) Meaning it was all implied power he can't even actually achieve. Had he really achieved super nova(something in the billions of degrees) He would easily incinerated or vaporized the surrounding area and hulk would be standing there.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/3853/1334972-torch3.jpg

Here he apprently goes nova again, and doesn't even completely destroy the building he's standing on, once again showing all his power is implied and not actually what it is said to be. Hyperbole through and through.

4. Once again eating the flames of a magical doomsday device should be enough to assume he can handle johnny's flames.

Natsu would eat up all of his flames if that is indeed the case.

Post by Zerogodlike (1,172 posts) See mini bio Level 11

yea human torches durability is bad natsu Should win this currently Unless johnny was blood lusted.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel