Natsu Dragneel Vs Human Torch

Topic started by AnimeDefender on July 20, 2013. Last post by OfficialRikudouSennin 5 months ago.
Post by YoungChief (552 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I like how you completely ignored the speed and asteroid busting parts of my post. Anyhow, saying derp over and over in your post isn't a very good way to mock someone, especially when you're basically trying to promote no limits fallacies, reminds me of the time you said ukitake could redirect a country level energy attack because he never showed a limit. Anyway, Johnny doesn't always go full power with his nova, when he does though, it's when Susan is around to shield everyone. I do agree he doesn't reach "nova" temperatures, not without the cosmic control rod anyway, but he can reach 1-2 million degrees

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/3853/1324949-iwfield.jpg

Here's a scan of him admitting he doesn't dare use his full power unless he wants to life wipe

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/3853/1334955-torch.jpg

Also if you didn't know he does have immense control of his flames and heat, to the point where he can hold someone and not even make them hot at all. You keep bringing up the magical doomsday device but thats the thing, it was magical, says nothing about how hot it is, and that is the main thing here. Let me ask you, do you think Natsu could eat Yamamotos 15 million degree flames (character statement heat lol), and if you do, lets go beyond that, do you think he could eat planck temperature flames from Human torch with cosmic control rod? I mean, you did have a good point, he never showed a limit, must mean he has none

Post by Kuro_San (1,339 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I think we are clearly forgetting of something. Under the fire Johnny is human, while Natsu has showed clear superhuman strength, speed and durability. If he cant burn Johnny he will just punch the everliving fuck out of him until johnny cant even move...

Post by YoungChief (552 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Kuro_San said:

I think we are clearly forgetting of something. Under the fire Johnny is human, while Natsu has showed clear superhuman strength, speed and durability. If he cant burn Johnny he will just punch the everliving fuck out of him until johnny cant even move...

Human torch is much faster and has flight, Natsu can't touch him, let alone eat the flames off his body. Johnny has a lot of destructive force behind his blasts too, asteroid busting is no joke

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@YoungChief said:

I like how you completely ignored the speed and asteroid busting parts of my post. Anyhow, saying derp over and over in your post isn't a very good way to mock someone, especially when you're basically trying to promote no limits fallacies, reminds me of the time you said ukitake could redirect a country level energy attack because he never showed a limit. Anyway, Johnny doesn't always go full power with his nova, when he does though, it's when Susan is around to shield everyone. I do agree he doesn't reach "nova" temperatures, not without the cosmic control rod anyway, but he can reach 1-2 million degrees

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/3853/1324949-iwfield.jpg

Here's a scan of him admitting he doesn't dare use his full power unless he wants to life wipe

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/3853/1334955-torch.jpg

Also if you didn't know he does have immense control of his flames and heat, to the point where he can hold someone and not even make them hot at all. You keep bringing up the magical doomsday device but thats the thing, it was magical, says nothing about how hot it is, and that is the main thing here. Let me ask you, do you think Natsu could eat Yamamotos 15 million degree flames (character statement heat lol), and if you do, lets go beyond that, do you think he could eat planck temperature flames from Human torch with cosmic control rod? I mean, you did have a good point, he never showed a limit, must mean he has none

1. I didn't ignore they weren't important nor were they even the basis of argument.

2. I did not say he could you took it that way because i stated he has shown he could redirect anything given he could react to it. there was nothing to suggest he couldn't and you wanted to be an ass over it.

3. The magic doomsday device was supposed to be capable of destroying an entire coountry if need be IIRC he ate the flame of that.

4. Johnny has control over his flame yes but the fact that he needs susan to contain it when he goes supernova means that once it's out there it's out there. He can't retract an attack. Making you statement moot. Further more susan isn't even here to contain his "nova" for him, meaning in character he wouldn't even use it.

4. Natsu can eat fire, therefor he likely he could eat human torches flame. He can even eat other elements, god fire ect. Every flame he has come up to he has been able to eat, i don't see why you think challenging his ability to eat fire is a logical argument.

Post by YoungChief (552 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Damn in character battles.....Make them go out for blood dammit. Well anyway, I still don't think Natsu can touch Johnny, faster + flight how can he touch him. I really don't think Natsu can just eat ANY flame, he ate "gods flame" but we all know how often the "god" statement gets thrown around in fiction only to be not even close to godlike. It's a logical argument because I think it's a NLF to say he can eat any kind of flame just because it's his ability, and I think it is illogical to assume he can eat any flame, thats all. I've said my piece on this thread, nothing else to say, well I guess I will say I think Human Torch is under rated, and he's yet another character I feel Marvel holds back, I honestly feel he'd be portrayed far more powerful if he was in DC

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@YoungChief said:

Damn in character battles.....Make them go out for blood dammit. Well anyway, I still don't think Natsu can touch Johnny, faster + flight how can he touch him. I really don't think Natsu can just eat ANY flame, he ate "gods flame" but we all know how often the "god" statement gets thrown around in fiction only to be not even close to godlike. It's a logical argument because I think it's a NLF to say he can eat any kind of flame just because it's his ability, and I think it is illogical to assume he can eat any flame, thats all. I've said my piece on this thread, nothing else to say, well I guess I will say I think Human Torch is under rated, and he's yet another character I feel Marvel holds back, I honestly feel he'd be portrayed far more powerful if he was in DC

Well it was stated the only flame he couldn't eat was his own, that's only limit that was stated about a dragon slayers eating ability they can't eat stuff they create. It's especially true for natsu. The reason i think it's logical to assume he can is because he gets power ups from eating all types of fire. Every time he has a meal he literally takes on the nature of whatever flame he ate temporarily and uses it to his advantage. There's nothing there it assume he can't eat human torches fire.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

As you people get ridiculous. If human torch goes at his hottest he could disintegrate natsu into nothingness from the heat alone. Human torch is in fact faster and his blasts pack a serious punch. The only argument is that natsu can eat the flames but human torch can literally re ignite instantly. And if natsu gets stupid and tries to eat it all human torch will probably go hotter and hotter until eventually natsu disintegrates and the human torch walks away victorious. Natsu's only argument right now is a no limits fallacy that has had feats not even close to the power human torch can dish out.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,656 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Online Now

@TheNeutralOne: I REALLY hope people aren't being retarded enough to say that Natsu could eat Pyron because he's made of fire.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I am sure Natsu can eat Johny's flames since he was able to eat the flames of Hell from Atlas and God Flames.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,192 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@CerusSerenade: Next we'll have people saying that Natsu could eat Dormammu.

All the same, I'd give this to Natsu.

Post by eddz99 (2,543 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@CerusSerenade: Next we'll have people saying that Natsu could eat Dormammu.

All the same, I'd give this to Natsu.

Natsu could eat goku

Post by MarioRedfield (1,804 posts) See mini bio Level 11
It's really best not to put up someone who's only been created in recent years vs someone who has literally fifty years of assorted media at their disposal
Post by AnimeDefender (2,662 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@MarioRedfield: By fifty years you mean almost every comic book character in existence (some even older).Plus, it wouldn't be fun if I couldn't do recent characters vs tremensously old character just because they have a more collection of feats that doesn't mean the recent guy can't take him down.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,656 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Online Now

@AnimeDefender: Well he's not, he gets blitzed by someone who led Galactus on a game of tag across the universe.

Post by AnimeDefender (2,662 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@CerusSerenade: Is that the current version? Plus can you show me those scans where Johnny played the game of tag across the universe?!

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I can see absolutely no one here even reads comics. Because Human Torch would lose this initially, most of his power is implied, and even at 1-2 million degrees it's out of character for him to use heat of that level without susan or reed there to contain the collateral damage. He also can't go super nova whenever he feels like it.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,192 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@solesamurai said:

I can see absolutely no one here even reads comics. Because Human Torch would lose this initially, most of his power is implied, and even at 1-2 million degrees it's out of character for him to use heat of that level without susan or reed there to contain the collateral damage. He also can't go super nova whenever he feels like it.

All true.

@CerusSerenade said:

@AnimeDefender: Well he's not, he gets blitzed by someone who led Galactus on a game of tag across the universe.

Trying to suggest that the Human Torch has anything even close to Galactus will get you nowhere, just saying.

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@CerusSerenade: Next we'll have people saying that Natsu could eat Dormammu.

All the same, I'd give this to Natsu.

Where the hell, do you people get that Pyron and HT = Dormammu? Where talking about a living bonfire, and a moving candle stick vs one of the most powerful Magical entities ever fathomed in fiction. His flame isn't even hot, it's basically a crown as acknowledgment for him being Ruler of the dark dimension. It's a magical fire that doesn't even generate heat. Even if pyron could take on galactus, he'd never hope of taking on dormammu.

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@CerusSerenade said:

@AnimeDefender: Well he's not, he gets blitzed by someone who led Galactus on a game of tag across the universe.

That never happened stop making shit up, do you even read comics? Human Torch couldn't even venture into space since he needs oxygen to fuel his fire, he has every limit to his flame that regular fire does, and he isn't fast enough to do anything like that. The guy is regularly assumed to be about mach 30-40 at full blast. In fact I don't even think he has an issue where he has ventured out into space without being powered by ironically galactus. If that's what you're talking about then it doesn't even matter if he did it(not that i think he did) He was amped by the power cosmic so it isn't even a useable feat.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@solesamurai:

Natsu's fire is magical as well and he also spews magical fire. Going by your logic natsu lol stomps dormamu by swallowing him~

Human torch can't be tagged by natsu and his fire blasts can send natsu flying not to mention since they are alone in this battle human torch can go as hot as he wants without any repercussions and if this is a battle to the end and they know it human torch can easily fry him. Also the human torch cannot be touched by any of natsu's flame based attacks so it becomes a battle of heat and speed which johnny will win.

Also whoever talked about that god flame garbage get the hell out. That dude claimed the god flame was stronger than the dragons when he himself was defeated by natsu who was in turn after a power up almost completely obliterated by a dragon who wasn't even at full power.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel