Natsu Dragneel vs Edward Elric

Topic started by CrimsonCarnage on June 11, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by CrimsonCarnage (8 posts) See mini bio Level 5

In character.  

No prep time. 

Any form of attack can be used. 

Both current in the manga. 

Setting: Konoha.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,675 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Natsu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Roy Mustang>Edward Elric

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Natsu supershitstomps Ed. This is a major mismatch in favor of Natsu.

@ChromeDisaster: LOL in the OP picture of Ed, he is like..."Really? wtf! I am dead..."

Post by eddz99 (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Edward with philosopher owns this

@eddz99: How? Natsu is still much faster and his Roar would overpower Ed even with Stone.

@DBZ_universe said:

@eddz99: How? Natsu is still much faster and his Roar would overpower Ed even with Stone.

Stone is hax, it can even bring the dead back to life and can grant immortality.

@eddz99 said:

@DBZ_universe said:

Stone is hax, it can even bring the dead back to life and can grant immortality.

It looks like you didn't do your FMA homework. jk

The stone has it's limits as seen how Roy was able to kill Lust, Ling and ran Fan were able to Kill Gluttony so many times he couldn't regenerate no more, Wrath using up all the Souls in it, Father running out of Stones same with Dante in the 2003 anime, Father Cornello... and Scar's hand in the 2003 version as well.

Natsu keeps killing Ed to the point the stone goes to dust.

The only way I see Ed winning is if he successfully touches and transmutes Natsu.

@DBZ_universe said:

@eddz99 said:

@DBZ_universe said:

The stone has it's limits as seen how Roy was able to kill Lust, Ling and ran Fan were able to Kill Gluttony so many times he couldn't regenerate no more, Wrath using up all the Souls in it, Father running out of Stones same with Dante in the 2003 anime, Father Cornello... and Scar's hand in the 2003 version as well.

The only way I see Ed winning is if he successfully touches and transmutes Natsu.

Yep, i don't really watch FMA :P I thought philosophers stone makes you faster and stronger? :O

@eddz99 said:

@DBZ_universe said:

@eddz99 said:

@DBZ_universe said:

Yep, i don't really watch FMA :P I thought philosophers stone makes you faster and stronger? :O

Nope, they only amplify your alchemy power. An excellent example is Kimblee, he focuses on destruction alchemy and with the stone he can easily City block bust.

Stones also allow you to ignore the equivalent exchange and with the stone you can make a rock to plastic.... you need to read FMA or watch FMA: Brotherhood to have a better understanding of the stones, you can also watch tje 2003 FMA anime (tho that one is not canon only the 2009 since it follows the manga)

@DBZ_universe said:

@eddz99 said:

@DBZ_universe said:

@eddz99 said:

@DBZ_universe said:

Nope, they only amplify your alchemy power. An excellent example is Kimblee, he focuses on destruction alchemy and with the stone he can easily City block bust.

Stones also allow you to ignore the equivalent exchange and with the stone you can make a rock to plastic.... you need to read FMA or watch FMA: Brotherhood to have a better understanding of the stones, you can also watch tje 2003 FMA anime (tho that one is not canon only the 2009 since it follows the manga)

oh ok :o

@eddz99: yup

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,757 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Well Ed could spawn a locomotive under Natsu making him defenseless, other than that there isn't much he can do here

Post by taichokage (12,957 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'd go as far to say that start of Series Natsu could beat Ed. Ed isn't that powerful. He's around peak human level in physical stats and he's smart. After that he has his alchemy of course but it's entirely too slow to hit Natsu.

@taichokage: Do you think with prep Ed could beat Natu?

Post by 321zigzag1 (638 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Does Ed win in the better character department?

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@ImDictatorBowDown: Didn't think of that, that would work. But only if he had knowledge.

@321zigzag1 said:

Does Ed win in the better character department?

Hell yeah he does. Ed is one of the best characters ever.

Post by taichokage (12,957 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Definitely Ed wins in the character department. More so than Ed being a good character, Natsu isn't a very good character at all IMO. A lot of main protagonists are obnoxious or goody two shoes, but Natsu IMO is one of the worst ones I've seen. Not to bash on Fairy Tail or anything. There are plenty of characters in Fairy Tail that I think are much better.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,122 posts) See mini bio Level 16

the author knew what they were doing so yeah

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel