Naruto(without demon) vs. Jiraiya

Topic started by Rain_Man on Dec. 6, 2008. Last post by LHWKnight 9 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by katanalauncher (451 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Sure, Naruto is outclassed despite he can spam chou odama rasengan with clones in base, have better mastery over sage mode, able to sense the movement of juubito that blitzed the two hokages.(a weaker version even)

If both sides have summon restricted this is pretty close, I'll give this to Jiraya if it's pain arc Naruto, and I'll give this to Naruto if he is current.

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@katanalauncher: without the demon, he would have been dead before any of the arcs XD and he could only do those moves thanks to the fox, sage mode is probably his top strength

Post by Deathberry7005 (7 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Wasn't it stated that Naruto surpassed all his predecessors when he completed Sage Mode? He should have surpassed Jiraiya as well.

But Jiraiya may still beat him due to better experience

Post by waybig1010101 (3,313 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Deathberry7005

If the guy who trained jiraiya and was with him in his final battle said that naruto surpassed him then im going with the sage frog, however;  there is no background support to say that naruto had surpass minato at this point besides the frog's words. 

@Jinbeifan1 said:

@katanalauncher: without the demon, he would have been dead before any of the arcs XD and he could only do those moves thanks to the fox, sage mode is probably his top strength

Without the demon he would've been raised by Minato and Kushina, he would still have his massive uzumaki chakra reverse as well being taught by his parents and Jiraya.

Naruto mastered kyuubi chakra himself on the scale way surpass Minato, he also mastered Natural energy better than Jiraya did in a month.

Also this has nothing to do with the thread, it's just saying that if Naruto could win without kyuubi.

The fact is, until recently, kyuubi have been a hindrance to Naruto's growth and strength.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@waybig1010101: Maybe it referred only to only Minato's sage mode.

Overall, Minato maybe more powerful due to his teleportation and giant rasengan....but in sage mode alone, Naruto maybe stronger than him.

Atleast that's how I read what's implied

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Well actually it was jiraiya who trained nagato btw waybig. Also unlike jiraiya naruto had the fox and someone to save him in that fight. So that isn't even a feat over jiraiya. Naruto didn't even actually beat nagato he just talked it over with him and nagato decided to let him win. If he wanted he coulda probably just poured his remaining chakra into a jesus chibaku tensei and annihilate himself and naruto one shot. Naruto was about to take the death blow from pein and hinata saved him. Jiraiya was taking out the paths of pein too but where was his saviour? Being the main character won naruto the fight not his "skills".

And without the fox naruto would be shyt. Sage mode is his top strength without the fox. And that is not enough to take out jiraiya. It'd give him a fight but it definitely couldn't beat him.

Shadow clone, sage mode, rasengan and sexy no jutsu. That is literallly his entire skill set. The only thing that helps naruto win all of his fights are the power of friendship and the kyuubi. Hell if it wasn't for the kyuubi naruto wouldn't have made it beyond the first arc.

@TheNeutralOne said:

Well actually it was jiraiya who trained nagato btw waybig. Also unlike jiraiya naruto had the fox and someone to save him in that fight. So that isn't even a feat over jiraiya. Naruto didn't even actually beat nagato he just talked it over with him and nagato decided to let him win. If he wanted he coulda probably just poured his remaining chakra into a jesus chibaku tensei and annihilate himself and naruto one shot. Naruto was about to take the death blow from pein and hinata saved him. Jiraiya was taking out the paths of pein too but where was his saviour? Being the main character won naruto the fight not his "skills".

And without the fox naruto would be shyt. Sage mode is his top strength without the fox. And that is not enough to take out jiraiya. It'd give him a fight but it definitely couldn't beat him.

Shadow clone, sage mode, rasengan and sexy no jutsu. That is literallly his entire skill set. The only thing that helps naruto win all of his fights are the power of friendship and the kyuubi. Hell if it wasn't for the kyuubi naruto wouldn't have made it beyond the first arc.

JIraya trained Naruto after he already become a shinobi, Minato and Kushina would've train him after he can walk.

You are saying as if Jiraya have beaten pain or faired any better himself.

Naruto without kyuubi took out the pain bodies other than deva , while Jiraya have trouble taking 3 bodies at once . Afterwards Jiraya is uttered defeated without deva lifting a finger.

Although knowledge does came into a huge play in those battles, and Jiraya would undoubtedly faired a lot better with more sufficient knowledge.

This however doesn't grant JIraya better feats than Naruto, and based on speculation you can make an argument on how he could win over Naruto, but in no way are these two far apart in even factoring in experience.

Also if you paid attention in that fight Naruto's frog kata can casually destroy pain bodies while Jiraya have trouble with them in taijutsu even with hermit mode.

With those feats and ones such as Naruto throwing rhino Naruto undoubty have better strength in sage mode by a mile.

Naruto with sage mode is definiely not shit, he faired better than Jiraya as well as able to beat the third raikage(this accounts more to Naruto's battle smart)

Jiraya doesn't even have proper sage mode, he doesn't have things like frog kata and sage sensing, which Naruto is able to use tracking Juubito's movements which the Hashirama even had trouble with.

Tsunade's entire skill set is healing and punch things, Raikage's skillset is being fast and punch things.

The number of skills doesn't help anyone in Naruto battles at all, not to mention Naruto have a variety of Rasengan he can use in different situations, and he can combine all of his skills seamlessly.

Naruto have also beaten plenty of people without Kyuubi, but you already know that and is just spewing out non sense.

Post by Dream (7,742 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Without Kurama, Naruto still carries the large chakra reserves of his family from being Minato Namikaze's son. He would be nowhere as overpowered as he would be during the Shinobi War, but still powerful enough to pose a threat to most shinobi thanks to Sage Mode, Shadow Clones and Rasengan variants.

Still that being said, I'd likely give this match to Jiraiya after a difficult match. The Sannin has more battle experience and a more diverse arsenal of jutsu he could rely upon in various battle scenarios, which more than make up for his imperfect version of Sage Mode. While Naruto is surprisingly crafty in battle with what limited jutsu he knows, his limited arsenal still makes him predictable in battle to those familiar with his style of fighting, which Jiraiya would know very well from having trained the boy between the timeskip. Rasenshuriken would pose the biggest threat to Jiraiya as its speed and destructive ability (while Naruto is in Sage Mode) would be more than capable of dispatching the Toad Sage. But six times out of ten, I'd favor Jiraiya winning here.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,565 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Naruto in sage mode absolutely decimated all but the deva path of Pein with what looked like relative ease and current Naruto's only gotten a lot stronger. Naruto's growth chart is almost perpendicular over time, he's gone from being a piece of crap ninja to almost the strongest ninja in the entire verse in like 3 years.

Current Naruto would take down Jiraiya for sure. Jiraiya's only hope of winning would be if he could activate his toad genjutsu but that took time to set up.

Post by waybig1010101 (3,313 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@TheNeutralOne said:

im going with the sage frog who knows jiraiya better than you or me when it comes to his abilities and he said that naruto surpass him, which I guess is the writer telling us that naruto is better than jiraiya. Example: naruto's sage mode > jiraiya's sage mode. If you think otherwise thats fine since there is evidence to support your side as well. This is just in my opinion and i hope you respect it just as i respect yours.  
Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,998 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Why was this 4 almost 5 year old thread bumped? The picture depicts PTS Naruto, so he loses in a horrible stomp.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Don't worry bro I respect your opinion.

Naruto did not beat pein on his own. He needed to be saved. He needed hinata and he needed the 9 tails. And in the end he didn't even really beat nagato. He talked him into submission.

I don't see jiraiya taking this easy but i do see him taking it. What does his large chakra reserve have to do with anything? Jiraiya as well as madara and hashirama and loads of other shinobi have immense chakra reserves. I don't see what part that has to play.

Jiraiya was taking on the pein bodies, defeated some and even took one and gave them information needed to fight them. If jiraiya had some back up he could have actually won. But it was simply him alone.

Also they also say naruto has surpassed the 4th hokage but do you think he can beat him in a fight? Lol hell no. He has more than half the kyuubi's chakra and is way faster. But i guess regardless naruto can beat him without the plot right?

Post by One_Piece_God (561 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Naruto literally had the entire leaf ninjas trying to figure out Peins powers on top of that he had the frogs who were there in battle and Jirayas message to defeat Pein.

Even with all that knowledge it still did not go swimmingly for him as Hinata had to try and save his ass.

Its Kushina Uzumaki chakra that makes Naruto have great chakra reserves actually.

Naruto without the kyuubi is not on Minato's lvl.

This battle is 50/50.

Post by Kobra678 (3,233 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Naruto wins with Sexy Jutsu. He make Jiraiya nosebleed to death.

Post by LHWKnight (2,735 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Kobra678: Yeah the sexy jutsu is uber haxed against Jiraiya but Sasuke is unaffected by it, what does that tell you ^^

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel