Naruto vs Master Roshi

Topic started by onnex on March 28, 2012. Last post by tronboy 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by onnex (10 posts) See mini bio Level 9

This fight is canonical it takes place in "Dragon Ball Z: The World's Strongest" between ep 39 and 40 so not far but still. I suppose they can take similar dmg but yes Naruto can regenerate. Also short range kamehameha isn't suicide because we seen alot of them just disintegrate target and fly away, but Mafūba is but i don't think he will try seal Naruto. If we assume chakra and ki are same then Naruto will be out of fuel later than Roshi. I'm still sure its fair fight and victory wont be easy.

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@ohgodwhy said:

@Hellos: I don't see how what I said relates to whether Roshi can take a hit or not. I was just comparing feats of power.

Compare if you like, but it isn't a feat of power Roshi can use in this fight without killing himself.

I'm sure a grenade to the face would do as much damage to Naruto as it would Roshi or pretty much anyone else if they're not prepared for the attack.

I'm not remotely convinced of that given some of Naruto's showings pre-shippuden, much less in Sage Mode and certainly not in any of the Kyuubi forms. There are a host of fictional characters that can shrug off grenades like nothing, prepared or not for them. General Toa was seemingly vaporized by said grenade and by the magic of toonforce was brought back from the dead as a cyborg randomly later on.

"Also the moon busting attack being self destructive doesn't make any sense either because later on in DBZ almost every attack was probably planet busting but the Earth only blew up once, when Kid Buu destroyed it."

And Kid Buu had to regenerate after blowing himself to smithereens with his own attack. Goku was literally paralyzed in fear and Vegeta was the only one with enough common sense to deflect the first one. Basically any time an attack that was actually planetoid busting blew up in a DBZ characters face, that couldn't regenerate, they died.

But to be fair, you do bring up a point, DBZ being as inconsistent as it was (not as bad as dragon ball) can leave people in confusion. Most of the time however, they weren't tossing planet busters around, every time it was remotely threatened, the characters would freak out.

"I don't know whether or not Roshi can bust through the chakra cloak with his fists but a beam attack should be able to do some damage. Roshi's speed advantage should give him enough time to launch of a decent Kamehameha wave imo."

Roshi with his fists cannot, but hedoes have the showings with his energy projection to do so. Although his speed doesn't make his kamehameha charge ups any faster in DB, especially his moonbuster.

@onnex said:

This fight is canonical it takes place in "Dragon Ball Z: The World's Strongest" between ep 39 and 40 so not far but still. I suppose they can take similar dmg but yes Naruto can regenerate. Also short range kamehameha isn't suicide because we seen alot of them just disintegrate target and fly away, but Mafūba is but i don't think he will try seal Naruto. If we assume chakra and ki are same then Naruto will be out of fuel later than Roshi. I'm still sure its fair fight and victory wont be easy.

So when Goku was in a hospital bed or when Vegeta was fighting Zarbon? Because Goku and Roshi weren't fighting any random genetic monsters in either instance. When I meant in continuity, I meant in the actual manga. Otherwise gravity + rock > SSJ Goku vs Pein (who is totally bored) > Kyuubi rock plate smash.

Not sure about running out of fuel, if fights go as fast as people claim they do in the DBU, they run out of juice in the matter of minutes, not hours like the series. Naruto otherwise can run around in all his forms but the full blown Kurama form, while using tons of energy (he was literally soloing Tobi's army not only a few chapters ago all in Kyuubi form) in the process.

Post by MisterShin (2,122 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Master Roshi wins. 

Why? I seen no reason roshi should lose. 
He accidently destroyed a mountain, when trying to blow out flames. 
He can read minds. 
He is faster than Naruto. 
He is smarter than Naruto 
He is more experienced than Naruto 
He has better techniques than Naruto. 
Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,136 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@ohgodwhy: Pretty much this, which is why I say it's not a stomp but a decent fight (one that Roshi wins). Roshi tries punching/kicking, it does little against Naruto in his new form, so then resorts to kamehameha, using his slightly superior speed and after-images to create an opening.

@SpeedForceSpider: Non-canon, and therefore meaningless in this thread.

Post by FormerCrimsonKing (4,391 posts) See mini bio Level 15

naruto would lose...for one he doesnt start in his tailed form and roshi would just sit around and let he go into it.

if he starts in tailed form then he might win

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,803 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@ohgodwhy: Pretty much this, which is why I say it's not a stomp but a decent fight (one that Roshi wins). Roshi tries punching/kicking, it does little against Naruto in his new form, so then resorts to kamehameha, using his slightly superior speed and after-images to create an opening.

@SpeedForceSpider: Non-canon, and therefore meaningless in this thread.

Bullcrap, doesn't matter if it is, still a showing of his skills regardless. Broly, is non-canon but we use him in threads nice try.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@SpeedForceSpider:

Bullcrap, doesn't matter if it is, still a showing of his skills regardless.

You know there are canon showing of Master Roshi, using non-canon stuff is really unnecessary for someone who have good feats in canon

@Destinyheroknight said:

@SpeedForceSpider:

Bullcrap, doesn't matter if it is, still a showing of his skills regardless.

You know there are canon showing of Master Roshi, using non-canon stuff is really unnecessary for someone who have good feats in canon

Then please post the canon feats instead of whining.

@SpeedForceSpider:

Why should I do your job? I wasn't whining

This is the only one I posting

@Destinyheroknight said:

@SpeedForceSpider:

Why should I do your job? I wasn't whining

This is the only one I posting

My job? I posted my source and you weren't happy with it. If you want to say there are canon feats then show them end of story. Nice scans btw.

@SpeedForceSpider:

My job? I posted my source and you weren't happy with it. If you want to say there are canon feats then show them end of story. Nice scans btw.

I was just telling you that there was canon feats and it wasn't necessary to show a non-canon feat. I never said I was happy or not (just giving info)

Thanks, I specialized in finding good scans

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,136 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@SpeedForceSpider: Actually it does, using non-canon feats for a canon character does nothing to support them. The only reason Broly's feats are included are because he s a non-canon character, therefore non-canon feats must be used as there are no canon ones. Simple.

@MisterShin said:

Master Roshi wins. Why? I seen no reason roshi should lose.

Because all of Naruto's attacks can actually hurt him, most can actually put him down.

He accidently destroyed a mountain, when trying to blow out flames.

You have a point? Roshi and Goku aren't busting moons or mountains when blasting the Kamehameha and are taking damage from far less power output.

"He can read minds. "

So Roshi is going to touch Naruto and read his thoughts on why he is hitting him? This is a completely useless mention.

Doesn't help when an army of Naruto's is coming out of the ground, sky, etc. Shoot enough bullets eventually your going to hit something, especially when all those bullets can suddenly amp themselves on the fly and take down opponents as if the real deal is there.

"He is smarter than Naruto He is more experienced than Naruto He has better techniques than Naruto. "

Not enough to go on to say that, but he does indeed have more fighting experience but that doesn't fights in DB or Naruto. Not sure where you got better techniques from, all he has is the Kamehameha on Naruto, that is honestly all I can think it. Naruto at this point is creating techniques on the fly.

@Hellos said: 

Because all of Naruto's attacks can actually hurt him, most can actually put him down.

Roshi can do the same and worse. Naruto aint touching Roshi. 

You have a point? Roshi and Goku aren't busting moons or mountains when blasting the Kamehameha and are taking damage from far less power output.

My point is that holding back his kamehameha he blows away a mountain, when he was only trying to put out the fire. 

"He can read minds. "

So Roshi is going to touch Naruto and read his thoughts on why he is hitting him? This is a completely useless mention.

What on earth are u talking about?  
Roshi does not need touch anything.  
This goes to show how much u know about Roshi. 

Doesn't help when an army of Naruto's is coming out of the ground, sky, etc. Shoot enough bullets eventually your going to hit something, especially when all those bullets can suddenly amp themselves on the fly and take down opponents as if the real deal is there.

Roshi is just going to sit there -_- 
Hello? Afterimages?  
Also Roshi caps out at double digit Mach speeds, so yeah way faster than Naruto.

@Hellos said: 
"He is smarter than Naruto He is more experienced than Naruto He has better techniques than Naruto. "

Not enough to go on to say that, but he does indeed have more fighting experience but that doesn't fights in DB or Naruto. Not sure where you got better techniques from, all he has is the Kamehameha on Naruto, that is honestly all I can think it. Naruto at this point is creating techniques on the fly.

Roshi is much smarter, he calculated Goku's possible reach and used it to his advantage in battle. 
Located the source of Goku's Oozaru transformation and destroyed it.   
With the possible exclusion of afterimage & drunken fist, all of Master Roshi's techniques are his own that he developed himself.
Naruto comparatively is an idiot, which technique has he created which is not a variant of Rasengan -_-.

-_- Roshi has many better techniques than Naruto. (Kamehameha, afterimage, paralysis strike, hypnosis,  Bankoku Bikkuri Sho / Lightning Attack, drunken fist style) 
Naruto on the other hand is a 2 trick pony (Rasengan, Shadow Clone......rinse and repeat). 

You come across as clearly lacking in knowledge of Master Roshi, I believe he deserves some respect. 
http://www.animevice.com/dragon-ball/10-1/respect-master-roshi/97-316607/#21

@MisterShin said:

Roshi can do the same and worse. Naruto aint touching Roshi.

Here is the thing, Roshi can't. He only has speed and durability(potentially, no one has shot Naruto) on Naruto in base. Naruto in Sage+ all he has is speed and an immense strength disadvantage. It's debatable if he can physically do damage to Sage Mode given how strong Naruto is in that state. Nothing stops Naruto from tagging Roshi, so I don't see why not. He can literally toss an army of himself at him and I doubt Roshi will simply play defense since he won't have a clue at the strength disadvantage.

My point is that holding back his kamehameha he blows away a mountain, when he was only trying to put out the fire.

No, that wasn't your point; you were tossing that out there to imply he actually uses that kind of power in fights behind the technique, without fear of doing some serious harm to himself.

What on earth are u talking about?
Roshi does not need touch anything.
This goes to show how much u know about Roshi.

Correct, I confused his ability to pick up on thoughts that are completely on the surface of the mind, outside of fights(feel free to correct me here), with Goku's when he caught himself up through Krillin in Frieza Saga. Yes, me confusing this shows how little I remember of Roshi's awesome telepathic powers from Dragon Ball that are COMPLETELY useful in this fight.

Telepathy mentions from the DBZ cast are a complete waste of time to mention, I'm surprised you haven't gone on an on about his hypnosis by now.

Roshi is just going to sit there -_-
Hello? Afterimages?
Also Roshi caps out at double digit Mach speeds, so yeah way faster than Naruto.

He doesn't have to sit there, if he did Naruto would put him down in no time flat. Like I said, almost all of what Naruto can do can and should put Roshi down. How do half a dozen 'after images' of Roshi stop a potentially mind numbing amount of Narutos from literally nuking the ground in giant Rasengans or worse?

Roshi is much smarter, he calculated Goku's possible reach and used it to his advantage in battle.

Yes it is completely unheard of for someone to use another person's physical disadvantage comparatively to another's disadvantage in a fight. Boxing, anyhow

A lot of fights in Naruto all involve trying to figure out what your opponent can do and/or outsmart them, Naruto ran into a lot of scenarios where he had to do the same; Neji being one of those fights, literally setting Neji up to get a fight ending punch.

Located the source of Goku's Oozaru transformation and destroyed it.

Because it takes a significant amount of intelligence to figure this out? "Hey look he is turning into a giant ape after looking at the moon!" Jackie Chun lucked out that their are apparently no consequences to destroying the moon and it was definitely going to turn Goku back if it was destroyed, that was a good educated guess on his part.

With the possible exclusion of afterimage & drunken fist, all of Master Roshi's techniques are his own that he developed himself.
Naruto comparatively is an idiot, which technique has he created which is not a variant of Rasengan -_-.

Well aren't you painting a pretty distorted picture. Everything is a variation of something else in fighting. Roshi didn't just develop his attacks from scratch, no fighter does. And I will agree it is a sign of a good fighter to take what they know and develop a new style from it, problem is you are trying to bash Naruto for something that everyone he knows does too, every jutsu is a variation of what they were taught originally by the Sage of Six Paths, using that knowledge they developed techniques for different effects. If they so happened to have a bloodline inherited ability to further diversify their portfolio of moves, better for them. Naruto himself has under his belt the achievement of perfecting a jutsu Kakashi and Minato couldn't do and as a kid learning to do shadow clones in a short amount of time after stealing the scroll. Tsunade didn't even think he could learn the Rasengan, let alone now where he is literally pulling entirely new versions of it and the Rasen Shuriken out of his hat.

Also to note, the Rasengan itself was just a variation of the Beast Bomb, guess Minato is extra dumb since he didn't make any techniques that weren't a variation of something either?

-_- Roshi has many better techniques than Naruto. (Kamehameha, afterimage, paralysis strike, hypnosis, Bankoku Bikkuri Sho / Lightning Attack, drunken fist style)
Naruto on the other hand is a 2 trick pony (Rasengan, Shadow Clone......rinse and repeat).

Far from it, namely why he was able to trick everyone from Zabuza to Hidan with variations of his techniques, who both at the time were much more talented than he was and had leagues more fighting experience. But they are one trick ponies too, Zabuza uses water jutsus to do things and Hidan uses hearts to not die.

You come across as clearly lacking in knowledge of Master Roshi, I believe he deserves some respect.
http://www.animevice.com/dragon-ball/10-1/respect-master-roshi/97-316607/#21
"He can read minds. "

Just repeating things over and over doesn't make them true. You are mistaking a lack of knowledge on Roshi for me simply not having him over hyped in my head, him a long with most of the DB cast isn't that durable and their attacks aren't very lethal the vast majority of the time. A grenade, sword and rocks can hurt people more powerful than him, he is well within Naruto's ability to do serious harm to.

While Roshi is awesome, he is just another footnote in the DBU reduced to a sideline cheer leader in no time at all. Skill doesn't seem to get you much in the DBU.

Naruto is too slow cant tag Roshi.  
Shadow Clone is no good in Sage Mode (limited to two) 
Shadow Clone has a big flaw (evenly distributes chakra across everyone, MEANING durability and destructiveness decreases as numbers increase)
Inserts Krillin vs Roshi scan, Inserts Tao Pai Pai pillar scan.  
Sage Mode is too slow, Chakra Mode is too slow.

No, that wasn't your point; you were tossing that out there to imply he actually uses that kind of power in fights behind the technique, without fear of doing some serious harm to himself.

Roshi can easily do it without harming himself. He dont go around firing it, coz it would kill people and get him disqualified from tournament. 

@Hellos said: 

Well aren't you painting a pretty distorted picture. Everything is a variation of something else in fighting. Roshi didn't just develop his attacks from scratch, no fighter does. And I will agree it is a sign of a good fighter to take what they know and develop a new style from it, problem is you are trying to bash Naruto for something that everyone he knows does too, every jutsu is a variation of what they were taught originally by the Sage of Six Paths, using that knowledge they developed techniques for different effects. If they so happened to have a bloodline inherited ability to further diversify their portfolio of moves, better for them. Naruto himself has under his belt the achievement of perfecting a jutsu Kakashi and Minato couldn't do and as a kid learning to do shadow clones in a short amount of time after stealing the scroll. Tsunade didn't even think he could learn the Rasengan, let alone now where he is literally pulling entirely new versions of it and the Rasen Shuriken out of his hat.

Also to note, the Rasengan itself was just a variation of the Beast Bomb, guess Minato is extra dumb since he didn't make any techniques that weren't a variation of something either?

Minato developed thunder god technique, shinigami sealing technique. 
Master Roshi developed his techniques from scratch, besides the ones I pointed out. 

Just repeating things over and over doesn't make them true. You are mistaking a lack of knowledge on Roshi for me simply not having him over hyped in my head, him a long with most of the DB cast isn't that durable and their attacks aren't very lethal the vast majority of the time. A grenade, sword and rocks can hurt people more powerful than him, he is well within Naruto's ability to do serious harm to.

Naruto isnt durable himself, especially in base form.
Naruto Characters get harmed by shuriken, kunai swords, rocks, punches.  your point is???    
The only durable human character in Naruto is Third Raikage. 

General Blue tanked a plane explosion and getting headbutt into another continent. 
Umpa tanked machine gun fire on his bare chest.

@MisterShin said:

"Naruto is too slow cant tag Roshi."

I disagree, Roshi is plenty tagable by Naruto, especially considering he could hide full body clones as weapons to blast smash him unaware.

Yeah because he didn't have four up while fighting Pein(two way back in the mountains as sage mode chakra recharge), dozens when nuking the Fox in his head or at the very least 5-6 when he was removing the chakra control rods in the zombie jinchuuriki(since you know, sage mode was the only thing capable of actually seeing them. I mean come on man, even his damn shadow clones can spit up multiple Sage Mode clones, what prevents him from releasing countless amounts of them when there is absolutely no downside to Sage Mode at this point for him? Hell it isn't even required for him to be in sage mode to nuke the field with giant Rasengans now that the Fox is on friendly terms with him(and that was a clone).

Shadow Clone has a big flaw (evenly distributes chakra across everyone, MEANING durability and destructiveness decreases as numbers increase)

And Naruto has already shown to be able to spit out clones that can take down kages on their own, spitting out multiple Rasengans and Rasen Shurikens. Clones have nothing to do with durability.

Inserts Krillin vs Roshi scan, Inserts Tao Pai Pai pillar scan.

Toa's awesome physical pillar tossing strength disappears in fights. I have no idea how he launches the damn things across the country, but I have a feeling it has something to do with DB toonforce. Otherwise his actually strength in actual fights is laughable. We've seen the rock paper scizzors thing a million times, it doesn't prove a damn thing.

Sage Mode is too slow, Chakra Mode is too slow.

Repetition isn't getting you anywhere.

Roshi can easily do it without harming himself. He dont go around firing it, coz it would kill people and get him disqualified from tournament.

So why have we not seen Roshi tank a moonbusting Kamehameha? All their feats in dragon ball when actually using it as an attack are at best arena busters. That and Tao who tanked Goku's without a pause got literally blown to bits by a damn grenade of all things; seriously he isn't close to durable to tank his own attack, that or his attack isn't effective on actual things that aren't made of rock or not main characters.

Minato developed thunder god technique, shinigami sealing technique.
Master Roshi developed his techniques from scratch, besides the ones I pointed out.

Yes because Minato didn't have any previous knowledge from the second or uzumaki clan to call upon in developing either of those techniques. Roshi is clearly the most brilliant fighter in the world since he can apparently develop techniques on the fly based off no prior knowledge to ki control or martial arts. It's nice we can make that assumption given largely how little we know about Roshi's entire life or what exactly went into creating any of his techniques.

Naruto isnt durable himself, especially in base form.Naruto Characters get harmed by shuriken, kunai swords, rocks, punches. your point is??? The only durable human character in Naruto is Third Raikage. General Blue tanked a plane explosion and getting headbutt into another continent. Umpa tanked machine gun fire on his bare chest.

Everyone in Naruto (bar the ramen chefs) have super human stats, that is why you have children leaping tree to tree or not breaking their kneck when falling from a ridiculous height. Hell Sasuke piledrivered Naruto off a hill straight into stone head first and slammed him in the face with with rock melting fire blasts and exploding balls of fire. Don't be ridiculous, most of the cast has very impressive showings of durability. Lee can regularly knock trees down with his shins, Gaara could survive Lee's beating without turning into meaty mush, etc. It's not hard to go and say "Hey, that was pretty dang impressive". Even Kabuto can tank a Rasengan point blank without a hole bursting through his chest. Them being able to hurt each other with swords, kunai or raw physical strength isn't too much of a stretch. Not sure where you got rocks from,

General Blue I guess is incredibly more durable than Roshi or Tao ever where then? Don't worry, I get that Dragon Ball was incredibly inconsistent, but Tao when down to grenades, Goku was getting rocks thrown at him bringing him down and nearly cut in half multiple times by tree cutting swords, etc, etc. I'm not going to mention Roshi vs the very heavy table again though. Thought Roshi tanked gunfire in the manga too, regardless that doesn't help him in either case.

@Hellos said:

@MisterShin said:

"Naruto is too slow cant tag Roshi."

I disagree, Roshi is plenty tagable by Naruto, especially considering he could hide full body clones as weapons to blast smash him unaware.

Tao is Mach 14, Roshi is quicker.  

All of that in 1 second, Sage mode is struggling to tag someone in 5 seconds. LOL very large gap in speed. 

Naruto characters play with shuriken and kunai, DB chars play with guns. 

Naruto will be getting fooled by images all day 

@Hellos said:

Yeah because he didn't have four up while fighting Pein(two way back in the mountains as sage mode chakra recharge), dozens when nuking the Fox in his head or at the very least 5-6 when he was removing the chakra control rods in the zombie jinchuuriki(since you know, sage mode was the only thing capable of actually seeing them. I mean come on man, even his damn shadow clones can spit up multiple Sage Mode clones, what prevents him from releasing countless amounts of them when there is absolutely no downside to Sage Mode at this point for him? Hell it isn't even required for him to be in sage mode to nuke the field with giant Rasengans now that the Fox is on friendly terms with him(and that was a clone).

Naruto is limited to two, because he can only use two effectively. Naruto wont have prep, so he doesn't have two charging at frog place, so Sage Mode is only lasting 5mins. Any more than two and his Sage Mode becomes unstable.  

@Hellos said: 

And Naruto has already shown to be able to spit out clones that can take down kages on their own, spitting out multiple Rasengans and Rasen Shurikens. Clones have nothing to do with durability.

Naruto's durability comes from his chakra.
The lower the Chakra, the lower the durability SIMPLE. 
Clone divide chakra equally, thus shadow clone lessens durability when in use.

@Hellos said:
Inserts Krillin vs Roshi scan, Inserts Tao Pai Pai pillar scan.

Toa's awesome physical pillar tossing strength disappears in fights. I have no idea how he launches the damn things across the country, but I have a feeling it has something to do with DB toonforce. Otherwise his actually strength in actual fights is laughable. We've seen the rock paper scizzors thing a million times, it doesn't prove a damn thing.

LOL toonforce are u serious? 
He lifts Umpa's weight with two fingers, he breaks pillars with 1 finger. He kills with his tongue. 

@Hellos said: 

So why have we not seen Roshi tank a moonbusting Kamehameha? All their feats in dragon ball when actually using it as an attack are at best arena busters. That and Tao who tanked Goku's without a pause got literally blown to bits by a damn grenade of all things; seriously he isn't close to durable to tank his own attack, that or his attack isn't effective on actual things that aren't made of rock or not main characters.

Nobody can fire moonbusting kamehameha at that time. Regarding Tao we dont know how powerful the grenade was or how large the explosion was. Also Tao aint Roshi anyhow.  
Also Naruto can tank his own attacks anyhow? so your point is?

@Hellos said:  

Everyone in Naruto (bar the ramen chefs) have super human stats, that is why you have children leaping tree to tree or not breaking their kneck when falling from a ridiculous height. Hell Sasuke piledrivered Naruto off a hill straight into stone head first and slammed him in the face with with rock melting fire blasts and exploding balls of fire. Don't be ridiculous, most of the cast has very impressive showings of durability. Lee can regularly knock trees down with his shins, Gaara could survive Lee's beating without turning into meaty mush, etc. It's not hard to go and say "Hey, that was pretty dang impressive". Even Kabuto can tank a Rasengan point blank without a hole bursting through his chest. Them being able to hurt each other with swords, kunai or raw physical strength isn't too much of a stretch. Not sure where you got rocks from,

General Blue I guess is incredibly more durable than Roshi or Tao ever where then? Don't worry, I get that Dragon Ball was incredibly inconsistent, but Tao when down to grenades, Goku was getting rocks thrown at him bringing him down and nearly cut in half multiple times by tree cutting swords, etc, etc. I'm not going to mention Roshi vs the very heavy table again though. Thought Roshi tanked gunfire in the manga too, regardless that doesn't help him in either case.

Naruto hurt his ankle by kicking the ground -_- COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
It was in Chakra Mode as well. 
Dont give me the durability and inconsistency crap.   Tao Grenade > rock/ground 
Naruto is just as inconsistent and even worse, Raikage and Tsunade travel at  lightspeed and dont die. LOOOOL

Roshi could always read Naruto's mind when he feels like it and know what moves coming next. 

@MisterShin said:

Tao is Mach 14, Roshi is quicker.

If we went by his actual consistent showings, he isn't mach anything. But regardless yes I know Roshi is fast. Everyone gives him the speed advantage, that isn't what is being debated. It's whether or not Naruto can use his vast arsenal of abilities to hit him. I mean honestly, even a punch could potentially lead to Roshi's end.

But next thing I know your going to post the numbers of how much energy the Death Star produces. Toonforce ftw.

All of that in 1 second, Sage mode is struggling to tag someone in 5 seconds. LOL very large gap in speed.

Ah then the redundant "LOL" comes in, carrying on that previous debate of "Sade Mode took 5 seconds(which I'd guess is a fictitious number) to tag someone". Sweet. People must have forgotten who Sage Mode had issues keeping up with, given its held it's own against a Raikage in speed, but apparently it struggled with a someone for 5 seconds. Keep it vague.

Now I already said we didn't need to see the rock paper scissors showing, everyone's seen it, it's been posted to death. And thats because it is the crowning speed feat in the DBU that is applied to the entire dragon ball cast, ignoring the heaps of inconsistencies that is this show. But regardless, again, no one is arguing Roshi is not faster. You seem to be entirely ignoring that point to shout about how fast he is rather then focusing what I am actually saying, Naruto can overwhelm his speed by making sure to destroy everything around his target with overwhelming force.

Side note: It's always fun to argue with over zealous DBU folk; you guys are the only people that can not only come off as more arrogant than me(which is quite a feat) but add a layer of immaturity to that same post, making me feel like I've already lost the war because I bother to argue.

Naruto characters play with shuriken and kunai, DB chars play with guns.

Should I even bother posting Pein's rockets, exploding clay birds, or the generic exploding tags everyone runs around with. I wouldn't even have to go into actual techniques that are outright broken to begin with, but seriously trying to low ball the cast to being just a bunch of folks with kunai and shuriken isn't just false, it's just immature.

On that note, Iron Fist did the same thing and it's not like he hasn't gotten shot before. I've already acknowledged most of what your bothering to post, seriously is the moment I correct you on your Naruto facts going to prompt such a barrage of pointless in your post every time I do it?

Naruto will be getting fooled by images all day

Yes the guy that can actually sense your sinister intent and damn well nuke that entire area with shadow clone spam will be fooled by after images. This is ridiculous.

Naruto is limited to two, because he can only use two effectively. Naruto wont have prep, so he doesn't have two charging at frog place, so Sage Mode is only lasting 5mins. Any more than two and his Sage Mode becomes unstable.

He has been able to enter sage mode on the fly for a number of chapters now. And seriously, he had 4+ of them while fighting Pein, two of them actively pitching in the others in mediation waiting to be summoned. Since then his clones are able to independently enter sage mode. Those clones can also spit out sage clones. I mean come on.

While he still has the time limit(which he can seemingly avoid just gathering more nature juice) Sage Mode doesn't have this limitation, not after his battle with Pein at least. This entire argument is completely redundant to boot, which is even more silly.

Naruto's durability comes from his chakra.
The lower the Chakra, the lower the durability SIMPLE.
Clone divide chakra equally, thus shadow clone lessens durability when in use.

No it doesn't, what the heck are you talking about? The character has spit out hundreds of clones, they've never had a sign of weakness.

LOL toonforce are u serious?
He lifts Umpa's weight with two fingers, he breaks pillars with 1 finger. He kills with his tongue.

Yes, the DB cast has toonforce. They are no looney tunes, but it lets Goku drop people off on the moon, etc etc.

Cool, that strength isn't remotely available to him in actual fights.

Nobody can fire moonbusting kamehameha at that time. Regarding Tao we dont know how powerful the grenade was or how large the explosion was. Also Tao aint Roshi anyhow.
Also Naruto can tank his own attacks anyhow? so your point is?

Yeah, because the manga totally says he can let loose mountain to moonbusting Kamehameha in fights with no threat to himself. The grenade was simply a grenade, if you think that same grenade can level mountains+ more power to you, either way it was more lethal than Goku's Kamehameha at the time, so was a sword that could cut trees down. Tao is supposedly Roshi's superior in power and so was Goku at the time(if I recall). Naruto can actually fire his most powerful attacks with no risk to himself in fights, Roshi cannot and has never shown the ability to remotely imply otherwise.

Naruto hurt his ankle by kicking the ground -_- COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides pointing out it was PIS, he hurt himself because he hadn't realized how physically strong he was when he twisted his angle in a wall(not the ground, a wall that can apparently keep tailed beasts inside) after nearly fatally hitting Kisame all in one go. He hasn't repeated this accident since. But hey, who am I to argue that despite Naruto patching up holes Sasuke plunges into his shoulder or making trees grow right next to him that he doesn't instantly patch up that ankle.

It was in Chakra Mode as well.
Dont give me the durability and inconsistency crap. Tao Grenade > rock/ground

Did someone whack you with a stick or something? Your argument is coming off as honestly dumb. Naruto's own physical strength ended up hurting him, not the ground and it was by smashing through a wall and twisting it, nearly killing Kisame fused with his sword in the process. And yes, Chakra Mode can tank grenades.

Naruto is just as inconsistent and even worse, Raikage and Tsunade travel at lightspeed and dont die. LOOOOL

Not even close, regardless they do it in Star Trek all the time with transporters and they were still fairly wary of the damage. Regardless, plot device to get them to fight Madaraa isn't that important to the debate.

Roshi could always read Naruto's mind when he feels like it and know what moves coming next.

Show me him doing that in a fight, where Roshi actively uses telepathy to see whats going to be the next move from his opponent. Because to be honest, Naruto has better telepathy feats through Kurama than Roshi has in his menial work. He's having full blown conversations with the tailed beasts, Bee, Kurama all in one go while fighting the tailed beasts.

What is it about the DBU that has people brain cells progressively break down while typing up arguments?

Post by tronboy (425 posts) See mini bio Level 9
i understand that roshi blue up the moon but rasen shuriken takes him down
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel