Naruto vs Master Roshi

Topic started by onnex on March 28, 2012. Last post by tronboy 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by onnex (10 posts) See mini bio Level 9

After reading Naruto vs Goten I started think who in dbverse is nearest in power level to Naruto.

And its quite equal fight. So what do You think who will win Master Roshi or Naruto ?

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Master Roshi would win. Just because he is from a series before DBZ doesn't mean he'll lose. Roshi managed to destroy the Moon with a kamehameha. At best, Naruto characters can destroy mountains. Roshi is too powerful.

ND

Post by CerberusPrime3k (299 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I don't see roshi winning this unless Naruto just sits there and lets roshi charge up a moon busting kamehameha
Post by taichokage (12,457 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Naruto wouldn't have to sit there. Roshi still has superior speed feats to Naruto. He would have little trouble evading Naruto's attacks. And if he had no opportunity to use the kamehameha, he could use the evil containment wave which would work because of Kurama.
Post by onnex (10 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Post by Dream (7,090 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Crazy as I think it would be, I think Naruto would actually be able to win this match. While Roshi's strongest variant of the Kamehameha can kill Naruto if he's hit by the blast, they require a long charge time and would take up much of Roshi's ki reserves. Not to mention with the great amount of speed Naruto gains with his Sage and Nine Tails Chakra Modes, he could quite easily dodge the blast. I think it would be safe to assume that Naruto's forms could allow him to clash with later characters in Dragon Ball whom surpass Roshi's abilities by that point, though Naruto would have difficulty with due to lacking the ability to fly.
Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,136 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Dream: To be fair, Roshi can't fly either.

I think that ultimately Roshi would win, but I don't think this would be an easy fight for him. Speed-wise I'd say Roshi has a very slight advantage, though Naruto's clones and the ferocity of his attacks would certainly keep Roshi on his toes. Strength-wise it's hard to say, but as Roshi still outclasses Naruto in power and fighting experience I'll give the victory to the turtle hermit.

Post by Kraden (38 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Roshi for the win..

Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Not a contest for Roshi.. he will smack Naruto around with his cane... Naruto isn't even close to island busting and Roshi destroyed a moon.. Roshi on his 50% can also so beat Naruto..
Post by Dream (7,090 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
@Kraden: @DBZ_universe:  If the more destructive feats could be done casually by Roshi, then I would be supporting him. But if he has to put all his effort into creating such energy blasts which take enough time to charge up, then I highly doubt it is a curbstomp as you are insinuating.

@GIRUGAMESH: The fact Naruto is capable of regularly creating destructive attacks and can maintain his Nine Tails Chakra Mode for a long period of time while delivering such attacks and spamming shadow clones have me convinced that he could overwhelm Roshi with the ferocity of his constant attacks to snag a victory.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17
^^^^ But Roshi's speed is still superior to that of Naruto also his durability. even with the clone they would lose... he can also after image and Kamekameha them completely by makeing the True Kamekameha wider and that will guarantee a good win.. but you did said he had to power up so that's true I doubt Naruto is gonna sit there and let him power up unless Naruto wants to see Roshi's 100%...
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe said:

^^^^ But Roshi's speed is still superior to that of Naruto also his durability. even with the clone they would lose... he can also after image and Kamekameha them completely by makeing the True Kamekameha wider and that will guarantee a good win.. but you did said he had to power up so that's true I doubt Naruto is gonna sit there and let him power up unless Naruto wants to see Roshi's 100%...

What do you mean his durability? Characters in DB that were stronger than Roshi could be lethally harmed by grenades, swords and rocks thrown very hard at them.

Post by finaldasa (46 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Naruto would win.

After a heated and close battle Roshi would gain the upper hand until Naruto used his 'sexy technique'. Roshi would nearly faint with a nose bleed and give in.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,480 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Roshi takes this one. I don't know if you guys saw that thread that was posted about Roshi's feats. In less than one second, he did multiple attacks, had a little think for 1/5th of the second, played two rounds of rock paper scissors and then fought some more. No one in Naruto moves that fast, not so far as I can tell anyway.

Also yeah he has too charge up a moon destroying kamehameha, but think has Naruto ever done anything even similar in power to that. He still had to charge up the tailed beast bomb before he fired it destroying that mountain. If Roshi can destroy the moon with a fully charged up kamehameha then sure a weak one with little charge would still be pretty damn powerful.

Sexy no jutsu would work but I doubt Naruto would use it in a serious fight.

Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Roshi haves superior close combat skills as well being master of his style...

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,803 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Hellos: Roshi stomps, briefly fought equally with opponents Goku had to use Kaioken to destroy(Might be non-canon but still an idea on his power), I am not saying he is ultra powerful but skill and speed wise he dominates.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Master Roshi is losing this one, Naruto Sexy Harem Jutsu will KO him (That the only way Naruto is winning this)

Post by Greysmokeman (165 posts) See mini bio Level 5

Roshi stomps..........a cross in the tombstone....

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@Hellos: Roshi stomps, briefly fought equally with opponents Goku had to use Kaioken to destroy(Might be non-canon but still an idea on his power), I am not saying he is ultra powerful but skill and speed wise he dominates.

As far as I remember Roshi doesn't fight anyone canonically in DBZ and that showing still has him going down to an attack that doesn't inspire confidence in this superior durability argument that is completely fictitious. Regardless, Grenades, Swords and Rocks could hurt people more powerful than Roshi, meaning any attack from Naruto that actually hits him will do damage.

Only two advantages Roshi has are speed and blasting power(if he goes to release a moonbuster, that will also kill him in the following explosion).

@ohgodwhy said:

I don't know if you guys saw that thread that was posted about Roshi's feats. In less than one second, he did multiple attacks, had a little think for 1/5th of the second, played two rounds of rock paper scissors and then fought some more. No one in Naruto moves that fast, not so far as I can tell anyway.

Problem is, bar Naruto starting off in base-form, isn't physically strong enough to do any meaningful damage. Once the Kyuubi cloak is active (which Naruto can pull out apparently on the fly now) the speed difference no longer even matters, Roshi can bang his fists on him all day and not make a dent.

Also yeah he has too charge up a moon destroying kamehameha, but think has Naruto ever done anything even similar in power to that. He still had to charge up the tailed beast bomb before he fired it destroying that mountain. If Roshi can destroy the moon with a fully charged up kamehameha then sure a weak one with little charge would still be pretty damn powerful.

Don't be ridiculous, it doesn't take moon busting power output to hurt Roshi. Goku was almost cut in half by Toa's swinging a sword at him and hurt by rocks thrown at him, Toa himself was almost entirely destroyed by a grenade to the face(which it seems like originally was the intention that a single grenade could completely vaporize Tao, but whatever). There isn't anything to say Roshi can even survive a beast bomb's low end power put either. Just about anyone of Naruto's attacks should be able to hurt him anyways, beast bomb isn't required to put Roshi down. Physically, if Sage Mode got a hold of him he should be able to tear him in half.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,480 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Hellos: I don't see how what I said relates to whether Roshi can take a hit or not. I was just comparing feats of power. I'm sure a grenade to the face would do as much damage to Naruto as it would Roshi or pretty much anyone else if they're not prepared for the attack. Also the moon busting attack being self destructive doesn't make any sense either because later on in DBZ almost every attack was probably planet busting but the Earth only blew up once, when Kid Buu destroyed it.

I don't know whether or not Roshi can bust through the chakra cloak with his fists but a beam attack should be able to do some damage. Roshi's speed advantage should give him enough time to launch of a decent Kamehameha wave imo.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel