Naruto Uzuamki vs Fire Lord Ozai

Topic started by Obito on Jan. 10, 2013. Last post by Kobra678 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Hmm, I didn't see it was in character LOL! Fire Lord have a good chance at winning

Post by Yusuke52 (425 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Destinyheroknight: Thats what im saying lol.

Even as a bloodlusted character Naruto would be hard pressed for the win but I would change it to 7 out of 10 in his favor. The 3 times being when Ozai was able to get into the air and rain hell down on him.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Yusuke52: But the same character argument can made against Ozai. He likes to toy with seemingly helpless opponents such as a 12 year old boy. And then answer me this: Why would Ozai do all that work and burn down a whole forest to fight one kid? He would most likely take Naruto head on from the ground believing himself to be stronger. This would give Naruto at least one shot to get in a good hit.

@UltimateHero0406: The same argument could be made, if he had toyed around at the start of his fight, but he done so when the Avatar resorted to a straight up cheap and defensive move right in his face. Before hand he was going straight for the kill, this much is clear with his outright abuse of Lightning Bending against Aang.

Your character argument would be valid, if Ozai had exhibited these tendencies from the start of his battle. But it was evident from the begining that he was out to kill him, and only when he had cornered the Avatar into a small ball of earth did he begin his taunts. As I said previous his reckless use of lightning compliments this point.

He believed himself stronger than the Avatar and decided to fight him while flying so that argument is moot.

He was burning down the forest because he outright said to his daughter and all of his forces that on the day of Sozins Comet I will burn the Earth Kingdom to the ground.

The reason he went into combat with the Avatar was because of pride, he had been trying to find him for years like all the other Fire Lords before him, its only natural that you would want to fight someone of such power yourself if you had been looking for them for as long as he did. He also engaged him because Aang was the only thing standing between his airships and the mainland, had he left him unchecked Aang could have just destroyed all his airships in a few minutes and put a stop to his invasion long before Sokka, Suki and Toph had the chance to. Aang had damaged his airship so pride and arrogance pushed him into his battle with Aang.

Taking him head on from the ground despite fighting Aang in the air for the majority of his battle? You could say that, if he fought the majority of the battle while actually standing on the ground, expect he prefered to exhibit flying during his battle thanks to the power Sozins Comet gave him. If he prefers to fight in the air, which is what we seen him do predominantly then he will, Its also not like he didnt have the choice to fight him while standing on the ground, it was there and he outright ignored it anyway.

@Yusuke52: I was talking about Naruto. I'm saying that I doubt Ozai will start with full power on Naruto. He started strong wuth Aang because he knew Aang was the avatar and that he was supposed to be strong. But he is not going to assume much of a small goofy loooking kid. And he could have been on the gound but he had more room to let loose in the open air. But this is a different situation. It is not specified so it is assumed that both fighters start on the ground at a good distance from one another. But I'm not seeing why Ozai would not simply think to waist Naruto in one move instead of going through all the trouble to burn down the area. He has no reason to assume Naruto can do anything more than cry for his mommy which leaves him open for a counter attack. And then theres the fact that he has no motive here. In the series he was destroying the forest to conquere the Earth kingdom and he wanted to kill Aang so he was wanted to use everything he has. Just because the comet is going over doesn't mean that he wants to burn trees for no reason.

@UltimateHero0406: And a bald 12 year old monk with a curtain for an outfit and arrows for tattoos is not goofy looking? Ozai has been put into a battle with a kid the same age as Aang, he knows what Aang managed to do to him despite his age and lack of training. Naruto will be treated no different in his eyes. (More indepth down below)

And he could have been on the gound but he had more room to let loose in the open air. But this is a different situation.

No its not, in fact the setting makes it more likely that he will take to the air given he is fighting in a forest. Taking to the air will give him more room, you answered your own point right there no need for me to continue on that.

It is not specified so it is assumed that both fighters start on the ground at a good distance from one another.

You're right its not specified, but at what point did I say he stated off in the air? I said that as soon as the fight starts its in his nature to take to the air and send fire everywhere, I at no point changed the rules to make him start in the air.

But I'm not seeing why Ozai would not simply think to waist Naruto in one move instead of going through all the trouble to burn down the area.

Ok lets say he does remain on the ground, his charged blast takes 3 seconds to charge, it has more than enough range to hit naruto even if he decides to run and has the spread to make it next to impossible to dodge. Trained jounin were unable to dodge Madaras wide spread fire jutsu (Not the same but spread and range are similar) I find it unlikely that Naruto back in his "silly" days will be able to trump them.

Naruto on the other hand will resort to his clones almost instantly, as is his nature. That or tighten his headband and the say "believe it!".

2 seconds have pased, now he is either going to run at him, not dash, just run. Or he is going to charge rasengan. At this point Ozai has already charged and fired his attack, Naruto lacks the speed to dodge it at this point and gets hit. While his odds of winning while Ozai is standing on Earth are slightly higher, he sill suffers from his "Take it slow" attitude and it wont make any noticable difference to the outcome. If you want to follow this path I would say Ozai wins 6 out of10 times, with the 4 times being when he gets smart and blitzes him before he can fire off his attack.

The burning down of the area is a side effect of his attack, not his actual goal. The point of firebending is to devastate a wide area, if you want precision you go with lightning or water.

In the series he was destroying the forest to conquere the Earth kingdom and he wanted to kill Aang so he was wanted to use everything he has. Just because the comet is going over doesn't mean that he wants to burn trees for no reason.

You have seen the show right? I only ask because you seem to not understand his motives for attacking the Earth Kingdom the way he did.

He was going to fly over the entire Earth Kingdom and burn it to dust, His focused attack was going to be used by all of the airships and he would go over the nation like the Covenant turning the ground to ash and destroying everything they passed over.

He didnt go there to burn down a forest beside the water and then start a ground invasion he was litteraly going over the nation with the intent of glassing the entire kingdom.

The comet went over and he wanted to burn the WHOLE KINGDOM, that was the point of his invasion. He would turn everything in the Earth Kingdom to ash with the power boost from Sozins Comet.

Honestly, did you not watch the show or something because this was made VERY clear when he pronounced himself Phoenix King Ozai.

His plan was to turn the Earth Kingdom to ash in one day, That gives him a reason to not waste the power that he is not being amped by.

He has no reason to assume Naruto can do anything more than cry for his mommy which leaves him open for a counter attack. And then theres the fact that he has no motive here.

He had no real motive to fight Zuko in an Agni-Kai when he was about 8-9 years old, yet he done so anyway and not only that he gave him a scar. And this was before he became a crazed warlord with a minor god complex thanks to Sozins Comet

Your argument is based on Ozai having some form of compassion to children who he feels are beneath him.

HE HAS NO COMPASSION.

He is a cold hearted son of a bitch who is willing to harm his son for speaking during a council meeting. Not even for fighting him, just for speaking. Not only that he banished him from the fire kingdom after it was done.

He cares little for his own children what makes you think he will hold back against Naruto?

His motive is the same as Naruto's, This is a fight between them, If his son got his face burned off during a normal day from just speaking to him what do you think this psycopath is going to do when he is amped by the power Sozins Comet (Something which changes him mindset completely as he loses what little compassion he had left anyway) giving him some form of a god complex after hearing Naruto scream "Im gonna beat you because im the next Hokage. BELIEVE IT!".

If I was him I would want to burn this mother into ashes too.

He will show no compassion to Naruto given that he knows the 2 of them are fighting since its not a random encounter. To say he will go easy on Naruto because he is a kid who he may think to be weaker is moot when he did not hold back against his own son.

Like I said before on the ground 6-10 in Ozai's Favor

In the air its an almost guarenteed win for Ozai so his only chance is to get smart and blitz from the get go not giving him a chance. A mentality which based on past experience is not in his favor. 7-10 in Ozai's favor in this scenario.

Of course I accept if you want to believe that Naruto wins but I am just putting it out there that Naruto being in character gives Ozai more than a fair chance to actually win this.

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,258 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I've never seen Naruto TANK anything that size, nor at that level.

@Yusuke52: Aang was the avatar. It doesn't matter what he looks like. To make it as far as he did he had to be strong. That was pretty obvious. Now he wont suspect anything about another random kid. Not every 12 year old is the avatar. And I know why he burned down the Earth Kingdom. He would have continued across the country if Aang has not stopped him. He was doing it to crush everyine spirit and get the old out of the way. Just because I didn't write all that does not mean I didn't understand that. And not burning for no reason. Crushing everyone's spirit and hope is a reason.

And who said anything about compassion? I never did. I never said anything about holding back. I said Ozai wouldn't waist his time on a child by just blasting him away in one move instead of flying into the air and putting extra effort in to kill one "normal" kid. But in hindsight this argument doesn't matter. I admit that it would kill Naruto either way so I stop here.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,336 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Well Naruto fans will attack me in hordes but...

Firelord Ozai descimates (unless it's the M. Night Shaman version, which it isn't, because that version doesn't exist).

Post by Kobra678 (2,963 posts) See mini bio Level 14

if naruto is somehow able to get into his kyuubi chakra cloak then he can counter flight with the giant chakra arms. but im not sure if he will be able to unless ozai kills sakura or something but still, the only thing that ozai has over naruto is flight. His fire can be dodges as well. Im not sure how naruto will be able to counter the lightning though.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel