Naruto & Minato vs Sasuke & Itachi

Topic started by SpeedForceSpider on Nov. 19, 2012. Last post by Kurohige 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by eddz99 (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@5th: He died though :/

Post by 5th (1,241 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@eddz99: Your point is? The third died while fighting Orochimaru and two edo kages, yeah?
Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,169 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@5th said:

It's easy to say that team Naruto would win because of Naruto's SM and Minato's FTG techniques, I'm also inclined to say that Minato could possibly solo. He defeated A and B as well as prevented Obito and the Kyuubi from destroying the leaf village, all within one night.

Sorry, but Minato is not soloing here at all. He never defeated both A and B, the fight was inconclusive (though he did show enough to make A look like a mug).

"All within one night". Yeah, and all it took was his life.

I have given extensive reasons in a Minato vs Itachi thread as to why Itachi is a bad matchup for Minato. If Itachi (or hell, even Sasuke) activates susano then Minato has absolutely no way through it except possibly the reaper seal. That's why I said Naruto compliments Minato here, as Naruto has a lot more raw power with his attacks.

Post by Kurohige (3,703 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Well with 10 minuets of prep Minato would have had plenty of time to litter the battlefield with his kunai to teleport to. I see him winning this via speedblitz, the addition of naruto makes it easier, I say as long as he speedblitzes before Itachi uses Susanoo he can win, I have no doubts that Naruto Odama Rasengan wont break through Sasuke's Susanoo at least considering Danzo's regular wind jutsu almost broke through a 90% complete Susanoo. However with prep and no specified distance I say team one. Minato can also create a barrier to seal things as he did against Kurama's attack. I say that given how both itachi and Sasuke will be trying to keep up with Minato that would give Naruto plenty of time to prepare a rasengan barrage and rasenshuriken without worrying about hurting Minato who can get away at anytime, the two would likely plan something like that anyway. I see amatarasu and izanagi being the only threats here.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,902 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Kurohige: Izanami seems pretty damn dangerous to me. Actually to be honest, its spells the doom of an enemy.

Post by Blindside (1,003 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Minato has a significant speed edge IMO, but Naruto's raw power will be rather useful too.

@SpeedForceSpider: Ah, I meant Izanami, not Izanagi, now you've gone and made a liar out of me! -_-; But yes, if Itachi can at least hit Minato with izanami before he is hit (Or when he is hit O.O) I think team 2 can win, especially since Naruo cannot use RM. I just hope Itachi can prep better, I think taking out Naruto would be easiest, also Itachi may be able to activate susanoo before he is hit depending on the distance since he reacted to lightning or at least got his susanoo up before it hit. I good battle, it could go either way, but just because of prep I am SLIGHTLY leaning on team 1 for now. I guess until Giru provides another argument.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,902 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Kurohige: Lol dude you made a simple mistake its all good. But in all seriousness, these two haven't demonstrated Izanagi but assuming Itachi can use it(as it is a related technique to Izanami) that would be yet another dangerous technique at their disposal. Although, Itachi would be rendered completely blind so I doubt he'd use both if he could. Hell, it would take a good ass beating and no other options to force him to even use one.

Post by jeanroygrant (50 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Minato solo's.

@jeanroygrant said:

Minato solo's.

It's debatable as to whether or not Minato could beat Itachi alone in a one-on-one, let alone both of them. Tell me more about how Minato breaks through susano.

@Kurohige said:

Well with 10 minuets of prep Minato would have had plenty of time to litter the battlefield with his kunai to teleport to. I see him winning this via speedblitz, the addition of naruto makes it easier, I say as long as he speedblitzes before Itachi uses Susanoo he can win, I have no doubts that Naruto Odama Rasengan wont break through Sasuke's Susanoo at least considering Danzo's regular wind jutsu almost broke through a 90% complete Susanoo. However with prep and no specified distance I say team one. Minato can also create a barrier to seal things as he did against Kurama's attack. I say that given how both itachi and Sasuke will be trying to keep up with Minato that would give Naruto plenty of time to prepare a rasengan barrage and rasenshuriken without worrying about hurting Minato who can get away at anytime, the two would likely plan something like that anyway. I see amatarasu and izanagi being the only threats here.

Not happening, I need to find a link for the Itachi vs Minato thread, we discussed there why Itachi (or anyone with susano) is a bad matchup for Minato. He won't be speedblitzing here at all, Itachi would be expecting a blitz from his kunai and would have informed Sasuke to be on guard as well.

Naruto's odama rasengan would break through Sasuke's full susano? Danzo's wind jutsu didn't "break through" anything, it only pushed Sasuke out of it (it permeated it more than broke through it). By that logic we could say that a small bit of Gaara's sand>>>odama rasengan, because it was able to get inside Madara's susano.

I still go by what I said before, Minato and Naruto should win this, but anyone saying Minato will solo or it will be easy for them is kidding themselves.

@GIRUGAMESH said:

Not happening, I need to find a link for the Itachi vs Minato thread, we discussed there why Itachi (or anyone with susano) is a bad matchup for Minato.

I never said it would be easy, a bad matchup doesn't mean someone can't win; it's like me saying Tousen would beat Aizen because he could not see his shikai as it's Aizen's main form of offense and defense.

He won't be speedblitzing here at all, Itachi would be expecting a blitz from his kunai and would have informed Sasuke to be on guard as well.

How? With prep he wont even know where his kunai are. With prep he could easily set them up, not sure why he wont be able to get Itachi or Sasuke with an attack while Itachi is "informing" Sasuke.

Naruto's odama rasengan would break through Sasuke's full susano?

I don't see why not, it seems a lot stronger than Kirin. That's my position until Sasuke shows more feats of durability with it.

Danzo's wind jutsu didn't "break through" anything, it only pushed Sasuke out of it (it permeated it more than broke through it).

His wind style was able to split open the back of the susanoo enough for him to attempt a direct attack, he even stated that the attack made a chink in the armor, that chink was apparently enough for Danzo to go in for the kill. So maybe "broke" was a bad word to use, but he did damage it.

By that logic we could say that a small bit of Gaara's sand>>>odama rasengan, because it was able to get inside Madara's susano.

Well Gaara didn't send a sand wave to crash through it and grab madara, so no, we couldn't go by that logic.

I still go by what I said before, Minato and Naruto should win this, but anyone saying Minato will solo or it will be easy for them is kidding themselves.

I agree, I never said he soloed, hence why I included Naruto in my debate. Regardless of difficulty, Team Rasengan wins.

@Kurohige said:

@GIRUGAMESH said:

Not happening, I need to find a link for the Itachi vs Minato thread, we discussed there why Itachi (or anyone with susano) is a bad matchup for Minato.

I never said it would be easy, a bad matchup doesn't mean someone can't win; it's like me saying Tousen would beat Aizen because he could not see his shikai as it's Aizen's main form of offense and defense.

He won't be speedblitzing here at all, Itachi would be expecting a blitz from his kunai and would have informed Sasuke to be on guard as well.

How? With prep he wont even know where his kunai are. With prep he could easily set them up, not sure why he wont be able to get Itachi or Sasuke with an attack while Itachi is "informing" Sasuke.

Naruto's odama rasengan would break through Sasuke's full susano?

I don't see why not, it seems a lot stronger than Kirin. That's my position until Sasuke shows more feats of durability with it.

Danzo's wind jutsu didn't "break through" anything, it only pushed Sasuke out of it (it permeated it more than broke through it).

His wind style was able to split open the back of the susanoo enough for him to attempt a direct attack, he even stated that the attack made a chink in the armor, that chink was apparently enough for Danzo to go in for the kill. So maybe "broke" was a bad word to use, but he did damage it.

By that logic we could say that a small bit of Gaara's sand>>>odama rasengan, because it was able to get inside Madara's susano.

Well Gaara didn't send a sand wave to crash through it and grab madara, so no, we couldn't go by that logic.

I agree, I never said he soloed, hence why I included Naruto in my debate. Regardless of difficulty, Team Rasengan wins.

1. Apparently I didn't make myself clear, I'm fully aware of that. But Itachi's abilities (or Sasuke's) are effective against Minato's FTG, on the basis that both can form a defense that covers them from all sides that only very strong attacks could penetrate, so your argument of him blitzing is downplayed.

2. How, you ask? Because team rasengan (I like the name btw) aren't the only ones with prep here. Itachi could be "informing" Sasuke in the 10 minutes they have.

3. You're kidding right? Sorry, no way. Rasenshuriken is the only technique that regular/sage Naruto has that could be as strong as Kirin. Show me an odama rasengan doing anything close to what kirin was capable of:

4. Fair play, though as we both know that wasn't a complete susano. What's more is that Danzo's power was stated to have been increased because of his summon, with the susano being pulled towards it (so Sasuke was left more vulnerable).

5. Glad you agree on that.

6. Your exact words were "I see him winning this via speedblitz, the addition of naruto makes it easier". That suggests that you think Minato could have taken this on his own. But as that seems not to be the case going by your most recent post, I'm glad that you agree they're in for a tough fight.

@GIRUGAMESH:

1. Apparently I didn't make myself clear, I'm fully aware of that. But Itachi's abilities (or Sasuke's) are effective against Minato's FTG, on the basis that both can form a defense that covers them from all sides that only very strong attacks could penetrate, so your argument of him blitzing is downplayed.

I don't understand; you're saying that speedblitz wont work because they both have Susanoo, however the whole thing about speedblitz is that they would not be fast enough to react. Explain to me how they, without knowledge of where the Kunais are even hidden, are going to form their defenses? Because like I said: Minato can get either Sasuke or Itachi before one of them gets the susanoo up. Itachi is the only person who has shown the ability to activate Susanoo very fast and even then he saw the attack coming beforehand. I only see this working if the star out in Susanoo the moment the battle starts and even that's debatable.

2. How, you ask? Because team rasengan (I like the name btw) aren't the only ones with prep here. Itachi could be "informing" Sasuke in the 10 minutes they have.

There is only 10 minuets of prep, the OP does not state that the characters have full knowledge of each other's current status, therefore, Itachi will only be able to tell Sasuke about Naruto and that will be pointless since Sasuke will arguably know more about Naruto's attacks and strategy than Itachi does. Neither of the Uchiha brothers know anything about Minato's attacks, weapons, or strategy and even if we assume they do, 10 minuets to plan out how to get past Minato's basic form of attack alone will not be too helpful. If the Uchihas were smart they would use the prep to prepare traps and clones and ect.

3. You're kidding right? Sorry, no way. Rasenshuriken is the only technique that regular/sage Naruto has that could be as strong as Kirin. Show me an odama rasengan doing anything close to what kirin was capable of:

I withdraw coolly from this argument since you got me there, I meant Chou-Odama rasengan like he used against Madara, or his massive rasengan barrage he used against Kurama, however, either of these attacks are null and void against the Susanoo of Sasuke or Itachi considering Madara's rib susanooo took no damage from a rasengan/earth jutsu combo.

4. Fair play, though as we both know that wasn't a complete susano. What's more is that Danzo's power was stated to have been increased because of his summon, with the susano being pulled towards it (so Sasuke was left more vulnerable).

This is also true, it just seemed to me that Naruto's giant rasengan or barrage were stronger than that wind style, but I could be downplaying Danzo here. Nevertheless it was not completed and is much stronger now.

6. Your exact words were "I see him winning this via speedblitz, the addition of naruto makes it easier". That suggests that you think Minato could have taken this on his own. But as that seems not to be the case going by your most recent post, I'm glad that you agree they're in for a tough fight.

True, I did say that, however that was mainly arguing for Itachi vs Minato, hence why I went on to explain why Naruto would take on Sasuke and how he would beat him. I did make it sound like Minato would solo so that's my bad, and I downplayed Sasuke too so again my bad.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel