Naruto and Sasuke Vs Barragan

Topic started by nishi99 on May 30, 2013. Last post by phantomrant 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by nishi99 (1,722 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Vs

In Character

Prep Time

Genjutsu is allowed

Setting Konoha

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Judging by the forms in the picture, the team takes this quite handily.

Post by taichokage (13,616 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
The team gets annihilated IMO.
Post by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (1,287 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Going with Barragan

Online Now
Agreed^
Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Aging time awaits.

Post by 321zigzag1 (650 posts) See mini bio Level 9

If this is Bijuu mode Naruto I don't see how Baraggan stands a fair chance to begin with unless Naruto is right next to him and does nothing. 

All of these notions resting on Baraggan's victory depends on Respira launch and Naruto doing absolutely nothing at very close range on a huge probability.

Post by phantomrant (1,385 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Baraggan has a low chance of winning this. It's not the fact that he's IC, but the fact that Sasuke and Naruto are given prep time. If Bijuudama spam won't cut it, then a well-timed Kirin will.

Post by xlab3000 (1,395 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Naruto and Sasuke

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,190 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@321zigzag1 said:

If this is Bijuu mode Naruto I don't see how Baraggan stands a fair chance to begin with unless Naruto is right next to him and does nothing.

All of these notions resting on Baraggan's victory depends on Respira launch and Naruto doing absolutely nothing at very close range on a huge probability.

Well Barragan automatically decays anything that comes near him, respira would put Sasuke out of the picture soon enough and Naruto would follow. Sure they have prep, but that doesn't mean they have knowledge. If Naruto went charging in then that's him dead, or at the very least crippled. If they fired off a projectile they could see Barragan's power and try to form a strategy, put I don't see anything working.

Naruto is fast enough to get a good hit in (with a rasengan, say) but none of his close range techniques could one-shot him, since he took Soi Fon's bazooka with only minor damage.

@phantomrant said:

Baraggan has a low chance of winning this. It's not the fact that he's IC, but the fact that Sasuke and Naruto are given prep time. If Bijuudama spam won't cut it, then a well-timed Kirin will.

1. It would be out of character for Sasuke to prep Kirin, since he does nothing but spam mangekyou powers now.

2. Kirin would damage Barragan, but certainly not kill him (it wasn't stronger than Soi Fon's bankai).

I just don't see anything really working against him. If a bijuudama is powerful enough to still hurt him after being decayed, then Barragan will begin seeing them as threats and launching off respiras (Naruto won't have time to charge a bijuudama). With his auto decay, Barragan could afford to totally ignore Sasuke and target Naruto. Was thinking that amaterasu might work, since it only ends when the user allows it, but then I guess it's dependent on chakra so...

I also thought that Sasuke's susano could defend Naruto while he charges up bijuudamas, but if Barragan goes at them with the intent to kill (seeing them as threats) then I only see susano lasting a few seconds.

I'll say Barragan wins. As good as Sasuke and Naruto are, you need someone with uber destructive power, uber speed or a certain set of abilities (teleporting/barrier creation) to take down Barragan.

Online Now
Very well put. I agree 100%
Post by phantomrant (1,385 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@GIRUGAMESH said:

1. It would be out of character for Sasuke to prep Kirin, since he does nothing but spam mangekyou powers now.

Yes, yes you're right.

I just don't see anything really working against him. If a bijuudama is powerful enough to still hurt him after being decayed, then Barragan will begin seeing them as threats and launching off respiras (Naruto won't have time to charge a bijuudama). With his auto decay, Barragan could afford to totally ignore Sasuke and target Naruto. Was thinking that amaterasu might work, since it only ends when the user allows it, but then I guess it's dependent on chakra so...
I also thought that Sasuke's susano could defend Naruto while he charges up bijuudamas, but if Barragan goes at them with the intent to kill (seeing them as threats) then I only see susano lasting a few seconds.
I'll say Barragan wins. As good as Sasuke and Naruto are, you need someone with uber destructive power, uber speed or a certain set of abilities (teleporting/barrier creation) to take down Barragan.

He has prep time. So yes, he does have time to charge a Bijuudama. He has a lot of time to charge many Bijuudamas.

I don't understand. Baraggan using Respira against TBB is the most terrible thing to do. He'll accelerate the detonation, just as he did with Soifon's Bankai. Except unlike Soifon's Bankai, a TBB has vastly greater AoE and firepower. If he doesn't use it, he dies either way. Therefore, there's really nothing working for him. He has no way to counter a TBB.

Post by othus12 (7,007 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

but how is barragan getting out of amaterasu? or genjutsu? rasen shuriken would also do nice damage and if they get a bijuu dama in that would be it for barragan. honestly IMO they would realize barragans powers soon enough since naruto charges always with shadow clones and sasuke seems to be a fan of the substitution jutsu.

Online Now
Rasen Shuriken wouldn't get to him. We've seen energy based attacks are still aged. Amaterasu shouldn't reach him either. It doesn't last forever even if it does last a long time. And even if it did Baraggan can still side step it easily with time dilation. Genjutsu, well i don't know if Sasuke will have much opportunity to look into Baraggan's eyes......who has no eyes in release. And on top of that, genjutsu is performed I believe via the user distorting the victim's chakra with their own. Once again I'm not so sure that chakra will even get through a respira. A biju dama is the biggest problem, but fortunately for Baraggan, it does not explode until it makes contact which it won't due to his time manipulation, and given that he fights in the air, it couldn't even explode near him.
Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Barragan doesn't stand a chance if Sasuke uses Amaterasu. Besides, once Amaterasu is cast, there is no putting it out, or it ending due to low chakra. Sasuke can use FS to spam magatama and Amaterasu arrows. And Barragan using Respira on Amaterasu would be a stalemate. Respira ages things until there is nothing, and Amaterasu burns for eternity until there is nothing left, no big difference.

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@321zigzag1 said:

Well Barragan automatically decays anything that comes near him, respira would put Sasuke out of the picture soon enough and Naruto would follow. Sure they have prep, but that doesn't mean they have knowledge. If Naruto went charging in then that's him dead, or at the very least crippled. If they fired off a projectile they could see Barragan's power and try to form a strategy, put I don't see anything working.

Naruto is fast enough to get a good hit in (with a rasengan, say) but none of his close range techniques could one-shot him, since he took Soi Fon's bazooka with only minor damage.

THis is a slight too much faith in respire making it seem its some instant godlike deletion ability when its not that all the way

Granted its very dangerous and NAruto could kill himself if he went in with his own human body but that's besides the point.

Also Hachibi has fired a Bijuu ball once like a blast from its mouth. Naruto's is a multi-mountain buster and can charge up very quickly.

As for Soifon, its likely Baraggan aged it away some of it.

Your last statement is ironic considering none of the Espada has shown the uber speed or the destructive output as BM Naruto has shown. Well I supposed one could make a case for starrk and r2 ulqui's speed and the lanza

I suppose its only because of Respira that Naruto would struggle much more compared to someone like Starrk, Tousen or GIn in Aizen's crew. No?

Post by 5th (1,263 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I don't see what's stopping Sasuke from using Amaterasu on Barragan?

Barragan doesn't seem to react well to attacks that are teleported, and he'd have to use Respira on himself in order to get rid of Amaterasu.

And Respira itself even destroys the user.

Kubo took away Baraggan's speed in released. THe thing about Amaterasu is that the notion it could be aged faster than it burns. Baraggan does passively age things directly around him and its a short range jutsu.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,298 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Barragan should take this, no attacks can really get to him (because of his powers and ability to fly) and Genjutsu is useless. The only way Naruto and Sasuke can win is if Barragan go on a villainous rant and let his guard down (but he would still be in the sky, making it hard to hit him)

Naruto would be the first to go down, since he like to go for close combat in the beginning of fights. Sasuke would last a little longer, but will share Naruto fate

Post by nishi99 (1,722 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@taichokage: Genjutsu could still work on him even if he has no eyes in release remember he looked at Aizen's Shikai and lost.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel