Nappa vs Ironman

Topic started by RadiantTheLight on June 6, 2010. Last post by thirtyfojoe 4 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@hitsusatsu11 said:

"Besides the superior destructive ability, (moon ++ confirmed, likely planet) i can see nappa breaking tony h2h. In the first vid he owns Kurrirn and Piccollo who have split themselves using multiform (1:50 on). This combat speed is more than anything Tony has ever done. "

I don't know about that, in Extremis he was speed blitzing Spiderman who generally makes bullets look slow and even made Sentry say "Damn hes fast" the same guy that was flicking bullets away right before they could tagged people from guns that were essentially point blank.  
Even ignoring that I don't know though. That little sprint Krillin and Gohan where doing didn't seem all that fast, hardly super sonic. I'm pretty sure in Dragon Ball Krillin was probably faster than Krillin up there. 

Hell in the wavy lines of anime super speed, didn't seem all that super when it looked like they where walking at a normal pace and throwing punches around that somehow had the air going all over the place.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Hellos: Spiderman's speed is not even close to Nappa's. Kurrirn was fast in DB but he's faster there. Remember the context, at the beginning of the battle Yamucha and the Siabaman's fight is completely invisible to Gohan, who is only using his eyes-literally we are shown a black screes. Its only when Picollo says to sense their ki that we start to see humanoid figures fighting.     
@hitsusatsu11 said:

"@Hellos: Spiderman's speed is not even close to Nappa's. Kurrirn was fast in DB but he's faster there. Remember the context, at the beginning of the battle Yamucha and the Siabaman's fight is completely invisible to Gohan, who is only using his eyes-literally we are shown a black screes. Its only when Picollo says to sense their ki that we start to see humanoid figures fighting.      "

Problem is with saying that, there wasn't any defined speeds for DBZ, especially back then. I wouldn't begin to have a clue how fast Nappa actually was. I don't know about that, in DB they did plenty of things that blew some of DBZ's feats right out of the water.  

Beating the human eye is in Daredevil's speed range.  
Spiderman has done easily(namely why I mentioned makes bullets look slow . It's why he can take on teams of super heroes and not die) and both Iron Man and Sentry can safely say they are VERY VERY capable of beating the human eye, since both did it quite casually. Although Sentry should still be the faster of the two, don't let the moronic WWH Sentry face tanking his fists he could dodge with his eye's closed fool you. 

Unless we are talking about Tony's earlier suits, I can see how people can say Nappa blitzes him, Extremis on the other hand is letting Tony have super human reaction time and fighting ability. 

BRB Supermandefender is being moronic on vine again.

@Hellos: Well we can use Kid Goku as being a casual bullet timer, and being fast enough to create afterimages in the second arc of DB. After each of his training he gets much faster, safe to say Nappa is much faster than Goku before his Kaio training. We also have the mark of Picollo destroying the moon at or at least near the speed of light. Now Nappa is far superior to Picollo and could dodge pretty much anything Picollo could throw at him, though he's rather just tank it.
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @Hellos: Well we can use Kid Goku as being a casual bullet timer, and being fast enough to create afterimages in the second arc of DB. After each of his training he gets much faster, safe to say Nappa is much faster than Goku before his Kaio training. We also have the mark of Picollo destroying the moon at or at least near the speed of light. Now Nappa is far superior to Picollo and could dodge pretty much anything Picollo could throw at him, though he's rather just tank it. "

And going to the moon without air or protection against the loads of radiation he's going to expose himself to via a pole. I mean that itself was damn impressive more than Goku in DBZ going outside in space for a bit, anime in a space suit, manga without it apparently.
What do you mean near light speed? His energy attack? It doesn't need to hit light speed to tag the moon, certainly no time reference to know how much time passed between that event.
Post by Pheonix (74 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Ironman
Post by RadiantTheLight (733 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Nappa is coming!

@Hellos: Time reference was shown, space suit was filler. 

He says be gone, next second the beam hits the moon. Look at how its done in the anime for more clarification. 

Post by TheManipulater (725 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@KamiTenchi said:
" @TheManipulater: Thanks, these people act like destroying a city is a big deal when is marvel its a everyday thing, the guy took on Thor. Ultron, Hulk, X-men and more by himself easily yet he loses to this guy? "
i know right? people on this sight think that comic book characters are weak and its vice versa on comic vine, i hope we can all come together cause ill say it again the fanboy logic on this site is STAGGERING
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @Hellos: Time reference was shown, space suit was filler. 

He says be gone, next second the beam hits the moon. Look at how its done in the anime for more clarification. "

What time reference?

Not sure it was filler, could of sworn I heard about him doing it without said space suit in the manga. 
We have no idea how long it took for said attack to hit the Moon and if energy projection was at light speed at that point in DBZ none of them would be dodging it, much less have the reaction time to deflect it. 

I'm not seeing it.

Post by Ryokan (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Iron Man is very underpowered here. 

Sure he has Hulk Buster armor and all, but Nappa's faster, way FASTER than anything I've seen in comics about Iron man or with iron in it. 

Tony will not even see Nappa attacking. Maybe, I say MAYBE he could anticipate one move, but he would take more than one lucky shot to take down Nappa. 
@Hellos: So that video confirmed it, he busted the moon lightspeed as I said. Could it be you just don't like the implications of it, meaning even early Z senshi have light speed reflexes. You may say that occasionally they seem slow, but remember they cannot just show a blank screen for fights. Yamucha vs a Saibaman they were moving so fast they literally showed a blank screen, until Gohan was instructed to sense their ki instead of following with their eyes, then we got to see them fight. With the moon we have a good benchmark of how fast ki can be.  

Im not sure what you mean i mean is filler, him going to the moon is canon.
Post by TheManipulater (725 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Ryokan said:
" Iron Man is very underpowered here.  Sure he has Hulk Buster armor and all, but Nappa's faster, way FASTER than anything I've seen in comics about Iron man or with iron in it.  Tony will not even see Nappa attacking. Maybe, I say MAYBE he could anticipate one move, but he would take more than one lucky shot to take down Nappa.  "
I would pick up an iron man comic
@TheManipulater: I was just reading my Armor Wars book, where Tony's suits get stolen, and funny thing they have a hard time beating a human. Tony jumps on one and takes its helmet off with a makeshift screw driver.
Post by Sonata (35,387 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Depends on the which version of the Armor, even in old issues and armors he was able to hold his own against Silver Surfer.
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Nappa
Speed:
 He was much faster then any DB character, and they were able to easily dodge bullets, to catch bullets, to move so fast that they would become invisible.
Goku at PL 5000 had long distance flying speed Mach 30, so Nappa should be Mach 20+.

About short distance travel speed and reaction time speed, there is even a possibility that Nappa is near light speed
This is only a possibility
the evidence for that theory:
Before his training with cat (whose name I can't remember lol), He was able to move so fast that he was making many after images, he was also faster then Krillen who had whole fight scene in 1 second.

after the training he became much faster. 

Then he trained for years on his own, and he became much more faster. In fact, he became so fast that not even master Roshi, who can easily see bullets was able to see him. Speed of bullet I think is around 1200-1500 m/s ("Ballistics. The World Book Encyclopedia. New York: World Book, 1998.") , and bullet is 1000+ smaller then Goku, which makes it 1000+ harder to see.

Then he drank that mystic water which made him much faster. But he was still so slow that he couldn't even see mr. Popo.

Mr Popo stated how he can move faster then lightning, and he was training goku so he could do the same.

Master roshi and Piccolo showed us how fast their energy beams are.
Piccolo destroyed moon in matter of seconds, and roshi did the same, it only took him few seconds more.

now they usually don't have trouble with dodging energy beams
Raditz dodged a beam which was called light of dead, and he started to move after the beam was only few meters away from him.

Now we have seen Piccolo destroying a moon in matter of seconds, now we see here Raditz dodging an attack from piccolo which is called  LIGHT of dead. I would say it is high possibility that that attack was at light speed, and raditz dodged it, after it was only few meters away from him.
If that attack really is at light speed that would mean Raditz can move near the light speed. 
The beam was 2-3m away from him before he started to move, and he moved 20-30 cm, which puts him at minimum 0.1xlight speed.

And Nappa is much faster then any one of them

Also, from this scan we can see how dbz characters are moving almost as fast as their beams, and from scans before you can see how
their beams are moving almost at light speed.

From all of this you can see it is even possible that DBZ characters were able to move at light speed, even at the beginning
of DBZ.

Strength
Well Nappa has proven that he is stronger then all DB characters, and two best DB feats I can remember were goku lifting
giant Piccolo (which should have around 25 T) and and Tao tossing a stone pillar so far it was flying for 30 minutes.
IMO Nappa should be able to lift around 50T.

Durability
Nappa was able to withstand Blasts from characters like Piccolo who has destroyed the moon.

He also withstand a full powered attack from tien who has much more power then it's needed to blow up the moon.

All of them combined were unable to hurt him

Also Master roshi who is moon buster stated it would be usless to even try to fight

Also when he vaporized whole region he was standing in the middle of the explosion, and vegeta was standing near the center. Everything around them was destroyed, yet they were intact.
I think it is safe to say how Nappas durability is above moonbuster attacks.

Energy beams
Nappa effortlessly destroyed whole region by lifting his two fingers. And it was  a whole region not just one town, that should be oblivious from these scans

You can see how the size of the explosion is big enough to destroy the whole region,

you can see how everything is vaporised, as far as aye can see 

And from this you can see how more then one city was destroyed.

more: Piccolo and Roshi destroyed the moon and they are both significantly less powerful then Nappa. and Moonbusting>> region busting
King Piccolo who is also less powerful then nappa stated he was able to destroy whole region with one blast.

After all of this why would anyone even think nappa is unable to destroy a region.

since he is obviously more powerful then Piccolo or Roshi I would say he should be powerful enough to destroy
the Mars or a similar planets, smaller then earth.

lol before I wrote all of this,I wonted to say that extremis Iron-man would win this, but I am not sure anymore.
@hitsusatsu11 said:

"@Hellos: So that video confirmed it, he busted the moon lightspeed as I said. Could it be you just don't like the implications of it, meaning even early Z senshi have light speed reflexes. You may say that occasionally they seem slow, but remember they cannot just show a blank screen for fights. Yamucha vs a Saibaman they were moving so fast they literally showed a blank screen, until Gohan was instructed to sense their ki instead of following with their eyes, then we got to see them fight. With the moon we have a good benchmark of how fast ki can be.   Im not sure what you mean i mean is filler, him going to the moon is canon. "

Uh, yeah I'm not seeing where in that video it's confirming lightspeed fire power. I just not seeing the benchmark here.
Beating the eye isn't light speed. 

You said the space suit was filler, I said I just don't think he used one in the manga. Nothing to do with Goku somehow in DB going to the moon and back. 

@Mortein said:

"lol before I wrote all of this,I wonted to say that extremis Iron-man would win this, but I am not sure anymore. "

You put in a good chunk of effort for good old Nappa either way. :D
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Mortein:  I doubt Nappa could move or react at lightspeed. You don't need the beams to move on light speed to be unavoidable, either to reach Moon really fast. The energy beams be any fast as the anime is an untrustworthy source and determining speed and time intervals from manga is extremely difficult. I say the beams aren't lightspeed but relatively close. Anyways I think we shouldn't put that much thought into it. It is obvious the mangaka didn't think about it too hard. Same with Raditz's dodge.

Over9000 Goku's top speed is Mach 30. Nappa is a bit less than that(Mach 20+ as you guessed).  And indeed, Nappa is at least a Moon buster though not a regular Planet buster(probably incapable of Earth busting as Vegeta had to make a full powered blasts to brag about this).

Also I theorize that the powerlevels grow exponentially with real power. In short having the PL difference of 10 times doesn't make the opposing character 10 times stronger. It wouldn't have any other explanation otherwise that how Goku and his enemies aren't going Saint Seiya and busting Galaxies on a regular basis. The mangaka may intended it otherwise but this is the relative truth. It explains how PL 200+ is enough for Moon busting while PL 18000 is about the needed strength for Earth busting.

Anyways it's still enough to be a grave threat for Iron Man. Seriously, Extremis or not speeding with Mach 20 and constantly maneuvering is a no-go for Ironman. Nappa obviously has the advantage of speed. Also he can shoot beams with nuke-level power constantly in rapid succession and of course survive Moon-Busting attacks with next to no injuries(only some bruises and pain).

Iron Man is outsped by Nappa. The beams have no effect on the Saiyan and few energy blasts can kill off tony for sure. This is an obvious no-win situation for Stark. All he can do is to retreat or ask for help. I am sure Ironman can outsmart Nappa but the problem is that his opponent is virtually invincible to his attacks.
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@willyvereb
Yet Nappa was KOed by one punch from KaioKen Goku, and Iron-man is at least as strong as KK goku, if not even stronger.
So how do you explain that someone who can effortlessly survive energy blasts from moon busters gets KOed by a punch from someone who is weaker then Iron-man?
One possible explanation would be that they can move for short distance at near light speed, and that his punch was delivered at near light speed.

Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Mortein: 
How could he be? This is a serious hyperbole and BS. What are you basing this?
Goku's only act of strength against Giant Piccolo? That was several thousand powerlevels ago.:p
And here's the sound and possible explanation: Even regular hits are covered with Ki.Goku didn't K.O.-ed Nappa with pure physical force but Ki.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel