Name an anime character not in DB who can barely beat Goku.

Topic started by Dream on July 30, 2010. Last post by takashichea 7 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Dream (7,241 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Straightforward enough. Name any anime character outside of the Dragon Ball franchise you believe could barely beat Goku in a battle. And I'd like to see some reasons for why you think said character has a shot instead of just posting a picture or list of characters. And to keep things from getting heated with specific feats Goku has, only canon material with Goku will be considered with this debate. In other words, manga-only feats (nothing from DBGT, anime-only or the movies). Getting that cleared out of the way, who do you think has a shot at barely defeating DBZ's memorable hero?
Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I would say   Scorpio Milo who i think is  a low tier gold saint  he would still have the speed advantage but i dont think he could take goku down easy.  

im not sure when it comes to goku so im probably wrong.

Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@ssjsuperman: Name an anime character.
@rein: i did name one
@ssjsuperman: i meant that the thread is "name an anime character" while Glads is a comic (hero?)
@rein: ok then glad is gone
And maybe nono and gunbuster.
Post by Rokushikimaster (7 posts) See mini bio Level 1

For me I would say domflamingo from one piece. He can control anyone like puppet and make them use their own abilities against themselves. 

Although i'm not sure if he could make goku use kamehameha or spirit bomb against himself [seeing as he wouldn't know how its done]  he could still control goku to just punch the shit out of himself. It would mostly be a stalemate with just goku constantly sitting there hitting himself and domflamingo bored out of his wits. 

Prehaps also kizaru from one piece seeing as he can move at the speed of light. Infact he is light so he can't be hit and just reforms using protons. He can shoot giant energy beams ect. But giving if goku could find a way to hit him it would be a close battle with most likely goku as the victor
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Rokushikimaster: It's almost like a no limits fallacy. Doflamingo can't control everyone. Good example is that he somehow doesn't control Blackbeard. Anyways, Goku and Vegeta actually resisted mind control from Babidi with ease. Even after Vegeta let himself to be controlled Babidi's "control" had only made him not care about innocent bystanders. He still did the hell he wanted.
And Doflamingo fighting with Goku on equal terms? Like it would ever happen.
Post by SamJaz (11,769 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Online Now
1) Kei Kurono, from Gantz. Namely, any Gantz fighter with decent combat skills and is a good enough shot with the Gantz guns to lock a shot on Goku's skull, then survive long enough to see his head explode.
2) Jack Rakan, from Mahou Sensei Negima. His character is based on being stupidly overpowered, so with all his weapons and his Pacito, he could give Goku a good challenge.
3) Aizen, because he outranks very single Bleach character by a massive margin as of 413. 
4) Simon the Digger, from Gurren Lagann. Considering that by the end he's pretty much god, it's a fun battle.
5) Touma, To Aru Majutsu No Index. Touma can destroy any ki attack, and simply grabbing him will render Goku into a mere martial artists with muscles that superman would be jealous of... actually, scratch that one. Touma with a knife might just manage. Maybe.
Post by paladin (1,192 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@SamJaz: Neither of them do.
Rakan is clearly outclassed by the Saiyans in terms of being broken. Yeah, even Raditz.
X-weapons attack by bombarding people with X-rays. Science<magic/ki
Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggann is ay too large(multi-galaxy high) to even notice Goku. Likewise Goku can't do much. That's not something we can call a fight.
Touma can't even react before he gets stomped
Aizen...nevermind. He just dies of the pure awesome that we call DBZ power level.:p

EDIT:
Who can barely beat Goku? Accelerator from the To Aru verse maybe. He can essentially reverse Goku's speed and his Dark Wing mode makes him capable to disintegrate matter with touch or negate magic.
Post by burby8100 (82 posts) See mini bio Level 3

@Dream: 

Kenshiro from fist of the north star this guy is insanly powerful when it comes down to fighting and his deadly Hokuto Shinken arts techniques he by far the most skill anime character of all time when it comes to fighting. Now this is commming from a fan of the DBZ series normal you know that a ssj goku can drop him but if I would say a lesser strong goku or the right moment Kenshiro could kill goku and I mean in a badly way that would make you puke.

Post by Kahan (67 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@willyvereb:  While I agree that Doflamingo would lose to Goku, due to Goku being to fast to be tagged. Doflamingo never went to control Teach with his powers at least not what I remember. We also dont know how his powers work, so you saying that Goku and Vegeta resisted mind control means nothing, as it's never been stated that Doflamingo's powers work in controlling the mind.
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Kahan: But the fact he didn't do that to Blackbeard almsot proves that he can't to people far stronger than him. Anyways, if it isn't direct control through the mind but some kind of puppet play then Goku can resist it with simply overpowering the "threads"(my guess on Doflamingo). I just took the worst case scenario, the mind control and stated that Goku even resisted such assault. Perhaps we'll see when Oda reveals 'Flamingo's real power.
Online Now
@burby8100:  Goku makes use of any ability he has in the DBZ manga. This means he can go up to SSJ3 in battling others. 

@Yorozuya: Read the match description and thread title again. I said I was looking for anime characters who could barely beat Goku, not curbstomp him.
Post by Yorozuya (16 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@Dream said:

" @burby8100:  Goku makes use of any ability he has in the DBZ manga. This means he can go up to SSJ3 in battling others. 

@Yorozuya: Read the match description and thread title again. I said I was looking for anime characters who could barely beat Goku, not curbstomp him. "

Ops, my bad. My eyes aren't what they use to be without my glasses. I'll just delete it.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,732 posts) See mini bio Level 20
LMAO
Doflamingo- gets raped in 2 seconds by Goku
Jack Raken- again easy rape
Aizen- Goku PWNS him easy
Online Now
@hitsusatsu11:  How about thinking up of someone who won't be totally massacred by Goku and could beat him by the skin of their teeth?
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,732 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Dream: I can't say "by the skin of their teeth" but the enforcers from Yu Gi Oh 5 d's would beat beat him. Characters from Sonic and Dinosaur King also.
@hitsusatsu11: ???
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel