Mystic Gohan vs The Reaper Armada (Mass Effect)

Topic started by MarioRedfield on Nov. 23, 2012. Last post by MarioRedfield 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by MarioRedfield (1,758 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Mystic Gohan must take on a fleet of 100 reapers. These included but are not limited to Harbinger, Sovereign, and the other most powerful reapers. Can Gohan pull this off?

Battle takes place on Earth where Gohan fought Super Buu. Gohan is in character.

(I really wanted to use Goku instead, but I figured why not give another DBZ character a chance to shine?)

Post by Yusuke52 (426 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Gohan stomps easily, The Reaper flagships can hit with more force than the Main Guns of a Dreadnought, whos main and secondary guns can hit with the force of 38 kiloton bomb around every 2 seconds.

But that is for naught when they can't actually harm him unless the entire fleet hit him at the same time, couple that with the fact they can't target him anyway due to his speed and they lack the durability to withstand his attacks makes this a very easy win for gohan.

The only way they could win is via Indoctrination, and that process takes far to long to be effective in a battle.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

What Yusuke52 said... lol

@Yusuke52: Eh I don't know about that, the reapers can move at FTL speeds and there's no reason why their laser rays wouldn't be able to pierce right through Gohan. Not saying he loses, but this isn't an effortless curbstomp.

@DBZ_universe: Play Mass Effect... lol

Post by indifferentmrh (90 posts) See mini bio Level 6

I think Gohan would win here

@MarioRedfield: Except you have made the battle on Earth and unless the Reapers have some death wish to active their FTL dirves inside the planet's atmosphere (which would be impossible anyway given that their Element Zero drives are using all the power to generate the mass effect field they need to even remain stable inside the planet), I really dont see this as a problem. Even should the battle move into space, they are unable to attack effectively while moving FTL (if at all) which makes the speedboost rather pointless.

Their "Lasers" are Magnetohydrodynamic guns that eject molten metal at high speeds (a fraction of light speed if I can recall correctly). They do not have the destructive potential nor the speed to harm someone who can stand up to planet destroying energy.

Their durability is impressive inside the Mass Effect verse but i'm certain that someone who can easily destroy the planet itself, not just life on said planet, should have virtually no trouble getting though their Kenetic Barriers and Hull with a single blast.

The Reapers are good, but they are not that good.

Gohan can easily fly out of the Earths atmosphere much faster than the Reapers can, and destroy the planet which would, as a result, destroy their entire fleet right there.

@Yusuke52: Do you think it would be any different if there were more reapers? I remember a battle on ComicVine of Goku fighting 1000 and most people agreed Goku wouldn't have a chance

@MarioRedfield: Adding more won't really change much, you would need to add enough for Gohan to run out of energy trying to destroy them all. Even then they would need to combine their attacks in order to even dent him, which would more than likely miss as its not exactly a fast attack in regards to dragon ball speed.

I dont see why they would think that given that an entire fleet of Crusiers and select Dreadnought class warships can tear through their Kenetic Barriers and Hulls with repeated shots. and that would be enough to level a continent or so. Against a planet buster, I really dont see the Reapers doing much.

My question is what subset of Reaper was Goku put up against? (Wont make much difference, its mainly just to see how much they know about the Reapers as a whole)

@Yusuke52: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/goku-vs-1000-reapers-mass-effect/544327/

if you wanna look at it. I was actually going to make it the entire reaper armada but I thought that would be too much. I think the link makes some good points, though, like how Goku has never taken on several hundred giant monsters at once.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I'm growing tired of people arguing "but on comicvine...", half the people on there have no clue when it comes to anime. I had a load of people trying to argue once that Goku couldn't solo the Naruto cast. If you want to reiterate arguments fine, but don't post links to them, as I'm sure most of us don't desire to wade through shitstorms to find a scrap of intelligence.

@MarioRedfield: You have different variations of Reaper.

First would be the Sovereign Class, these are the standard warships for the Reapers.

Next would be the Harbinger Class, This is the largest and the strongest ship in the entire fleet. Rather unique too given that only one Harbinger was shown.

Then you would have the Destroy Class, which are more or less the fighter jets of the Reaper armada. Much smaller than the others and not as powerful, they would not be much use except in great numbers.

I also overlooked the fact that kenetic barriers are more or less useless against energy based attacks since they only offer protection against projectiles like Slugs. Which means that the only defence they would have against Gohan would be their Hull, which requires far less to break through than the Kenetic Barriers.

Goku never did, thats a fair point. But its not the fact he has never fought something this large before, its that they lack any real way of fighting back. They just don't have the guns or the shielding required to stand up against the power he has.

The indoctrination theory in the thread was somewhat flawed since it does not work like that. It has nothing to do with the amount that a mind is subjected to, its more to do with exposure time to any Reaper technology as even a small piece of a Reaper ship can be just as effective as the entire ship itself, they can speed up the process but even then it still takes too long to be effective. If it did then Earth would have fallen the second the hundreds of Sovereign Call Warships started to make their descent. Same goes for Thessia and Palaven, which had one of the worst invasions if I can recall correctly.

@GIRUGAMESH: I understand your concen, but there's no need to be rude about it

@Yusuke52: I know there are different types of reapers although admittedly I didn't know Harbinger and Sovereign were different types of reapers. So out of curiousity, do you tink Gohan would be able to take on the entire armada all at once?

@MarioRedfield: I see no reason why he can't. He is more than capable of taking out multiple ships with each kamehameha, and has the speed to dodge their attacks and in effect could make them fire on each other. He would have to run out of energy to lose.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@MarioRedfield said:

@GIRUGAMESH: I understand your concen, but there's no need to be rude about it

@Yusuke52: I know there are different types of reapers although admittedly I didn't know Harbinger and Sovereign were different types of reapers. So out of curiousity, do you tink Gohan would be able to take on the entire armada all at once?

It was directed at them, not you. And had you seen some of the worst of comicvine you would sympathize.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,278 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Gohan wins by using the Kamehameha to take over the Reapers and use them for good :)

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,953 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Destinyheroknight said:

Gohan wins by using the Kamehameha to take over the Reapers and use them for good :)

This.

@GIRUGAMESH:

I'm growing tired of people arguing "but on comicvine...", half the people on there have no clue when it comes to anime. I had a load of people trying to argue once that Goku couldn't solo the Naruto cast. If you want to reiterate arguments fine, but don't post links to them, as I'm sure most of us don't desire to wade through shitstorms to find a scrap of intelligence.

That was both aimed at me and was kind of rude. I'm also active on ComicVine so I do know and I understand where you're coming from.

@Yusuke52: I really don't know, I don't see how he's going to take out the entire reaper armada. Aren't there like, billions upon billions of reapers? He would lose from sheer numbers. Although you have convinced me that a hundred wouldn't be enough.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel