My Attempt to make a Comic vs Manga Battle!

Topic started by The Stegman on Feb. 25, 2013. Last post by The Stegman 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by The Stegman (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Okay, here's the stitch. I usually don't participate in too many manga vs comic battles, because frankly, I don't really care for them. However, since all the cool kids are doing it nowadays, I suppose I will too. I will also try to use at least vaguely popular characters so people will know of them a little.  (PS I made a similar battle on Comicvine, but not many know about manga there)

SCENARIO: 

Two supremely powerful beings who both resemble Goku and Superman are having a disagreement. One claims that the Japanese Manga is the greatest form of entertainment, the other says it is American Comic books. So to settle their bet (because their thumb wrestling match ended in a draw) they asked warriors from both cultures to participate in a battle to settle it. Unfortunately, many of the would be participants were busy and couldn't make it, so they had to settle for a select few.... 

RULES: 
-Normal Morals apply 
-No BFR allowed  
-Random Encounter, no prep. 
-No Speed Blitz allowed for the first 2 minutes 
-Fight takes place in the Nevada Desert 
-Fighters start off 20 Meters (65 Ft) apart.    

Team Comics: 
-Batman  
-Cyclops 
-Spider-Man (Peter Parker) 
-Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) 
-Namor 
-Iron Man (current armor)  

Team Manga: 
-Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)
-Death The Kid w/ Patti and Liz (Soul Eater)  -Symmetry OCD off. 
-Neji Hyuga (Naruto Shippuden) (For this battle, he's alive and well) 
-Byakuya Kuchiki (Bleach)
-Kallen Kozuki in the knightmare frame "Guren MK II"  (Code Geass)
-Sanji (One Piece)   

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,892 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Team comics should win here. They have a lot of people that have superior physical stats.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,095 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@The Stegman: LOL manga are comics aand yeah comic side should win

@SMXLR8 said:

Which is why I said ''American" Comics in the OP to not ruffle feathers. 
Post by SMXLR8 (7,095 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@The Stegman: but not the title =D

Post by taichokage (12,922 posts) See mini bio Level 20
It doesnt matter how you play with words. There's a difference between western comics and eastern manga. That being said, both Ironman and Namor are too powerful for this battle. Byakuya and Sanji are strong but outmatched here.
Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I could see team manga pulling off a win if they try hard and work together. Neji can see everything on the battlefield. Ed can make shields and mounds of earth and weapons appear by just clapping his hands. Sanji can fly and has some serious damage. Byakukya is pretty fast and has a pretty useful bankai along with kido so that counts for something. But more than likely 9 out of 10 matches team comic should win.

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@SMXLR8 said:

remember how mad you got in your thread when people kept arguing that cartoons and anime were the same thing on a technicality? you're doing the exact same thing right now :P

Post by ReiKai (3,510 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Carol pretty much wins it for her whole team. Byakuya could kill Cyke before he shoots his optic blasts, and Batman, and tear Spidey apart with Senbonzakura.
Post by 18hunt (149 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Not what everyone said on comic vine about the same thing, you'd expect the opposite! Hahaha! I'm going with manga.
Post by taichokage (12,922 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Oh shoot, it's my first time noticing Carol. I take it back there are 3 major threats on team Comic. Byakuya might be capable of tangling with them 1 on 1 but there's no way he can take on all 3 of the top members, Carol, Ironman and Namor. Sanji can fight pretty well too but it's the same. Team manga doesn't have enough power on their side to beat those guys.
@18hunt said:
Not what everyone said on comic vine about the same thing, you'd expect the opposite! Hahaha! I'm going with manga.
I know right?? 

@taichokage said:
Oh shoot, it's my first time noticing Carol. I take it back there are 3 major threats on team Comic. Byakuya might be capable of tangling with them 1 on 1 but there's no way he can take on all 3 of the top members, Carol, Ironman and Namor. Sanji can fight pretty well too but it's the same. Team manga doesn't have enough power on their side to beat those guys.
As I said, I posted this exact same battle on  Comicvine, and literally got the exact opposite answer, people said that the Manga team won rather easily, so much in fact that i had to change the teams, originally I had Luffy instead of Sanji, and replaced Spider-Man and Batman with two other heavy hitters to balance it out, the results really are remarkable how the two sites differ in opinions. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel