Mugen vs Afro Samurai

Topic started by Sonata on Aug. 20, 2009. Last post by Killer_of_trolls 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Sonata (35,386 posts) See mini bio Level 20
e_b_c gave me the idea for this battle a while backXD

Setting:In a forest at Midnight with a full moon with falling cherry blossoms(one of my favorite settings for a duel)

No outside help and this is a fight to the finish, Who wins?

Afro
Afro

Mugen
Mugen
Post by Sinister_Noob (2,033 posts) See mini bio Level 7
MUGEN STOMP SPITE!!!
Do you Know what Afro is capable of?
no, not really, you got any vids or scans for me to see. i've seen this fight before everyone said Mugen. anyways, i know that mugen is very unpredictable, he can easily cut organs, and seems to survive anything, plus he is a genius.
Afro Samurai t the end of the short Series become the number one fighter in the world, he does not care for human life if anyone gets in his way he will kill  them without a second thought.

Graphic clip here at the beginning of Afro Samurai

there about even. i believe mugen is quicker
How is Mugen quicker?
IDK, in the show it seems he kind of takes quicker dashes or something, he moves when it counts, lets go with that
So kinda the same as Afro does.
okay, perfect. so its a tie, and im sticking to it.
In a Battle where Samurai with near Identical technique Speed strength and durability It is  going to come down to one thing to decide the battle, How good are you mentally? Do you lose focus at times during fight, That can the outcome quickly. So of the two who do you think was more of a mental edge in this fight?
eh, id have to go with afro on that one. i know mugen fights in his sleep if thats not focus then ya, afro has the edge.
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7

im also goin with mugen afro gets hurt to much
Post by Dream (7,614 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
I'd go with Afro for this battle thanks to the impressive showings he has had against modern weaponery. While Mugen's fought with skilled swordsmen, Afro had to fight against a robotic copy of himself equipped with enough explosive weapons, his old friend covered in cybernetic enhancements and the murderer of his father who doesn't quite look so human. In addition, Afro knows how to keep his cool in battle and assess how to deal with his enemies. Mugen, on the other hand, is quite impulsive in his tactics with no formal sword training as he copies what he sees and makes up stuff as he goes in his freestyle fighting. In addition, he can lose his cool if fighting a formidable adversary as shown when he angrily charged at Kariya Kagetoki when all of his attacks kept getting parried. So while Afro keeps on the defensive just to survey Mugen's abilities, it would just be a matter of time before Mugen gets pissed off and charges in impulsively for a blow which would be his death sentence against Afro.
Post by justanormalguy (270 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Afro is much more ruthless than Mugen. However Mugen has an unorthodox style that I don't think Afro will be prepared against. In the series, all of Afro's opponents are straight forward samurai. Mugen has an original capoeira style of fighting. That unorthodox style is why I give Mugen the edge.

Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Afro seems to be more capable than Mugen... He fought an android of himself in midair while missiles, lasers, and rockets were being shot at him. Sliced a missile into two without much effort and easily handled a crowd of gunman and snipers. Also the fact that he dodges bullets and slices steel like it was paper, destroying three androids at once!

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@TheRedRose said:

Afro seems to be more capable than Mugen... He fought an android of himself in midair while missiles, lasers, and rockets were being shot at him. Sliced a missile into two without much effort and easily handled a crowd of gunman and snipers. Also the fact that he dodges bullets and slices steel like it was paper, destroying three androids at once!

more capable is an understatement. Afro cuts down mugen in less than a second. He is far superior to mugen in every conceivable way
Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Afro is clearly bordering superhuman abilities, while Mugen is peak human tops. Afro may have some trouble against Mugen Champuru Kendo, but in the end Afro wins with ease

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Kuro_San said:

Afro is clearly bordering superhuman abilities, while Mugen is peak human tops. Afro may have some trouble against Mugen Champuru Kendo, but in the end Afro wins with ease

Honestly, afro wont have any trouble at all. I'm a fan of mugen and all, but he stands no chance at all against a samurai who casually dodges bullets and cuts down small armies on a daily basis

Post by paladin (1,192 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Afro stomps, actually. He slayed dozens of men under less than a second, reacted against machinegun bullets and took building busting attacks from Jio. 

He's pretty much a tier above Mugen. He stomps.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel