Motoko Kusanagi vs Naomi Armitage

Topic started by Dream on Aug. 16, 2009. Last post by cfatalis 4 years, 11 months ago.
Post by Dream (7,210 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Getting back in the mood for a battle: let's have a clash between two ass-kicking robo-babes with attitude featuring Armitage III's Naomi Armitage and Ghost in the Shell's Motoko Kusanagi. Who do you think would win between these two?

Naomi Armitage
Naomi Armitage
Motoko Kusanagi
Motoko Kusanagi
Post by Sonata (35,160 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I cant remember all of Armitage abilities its been to long since I seen it the movie, I'll have to do some reasearch and watch it  again, but this is a pretty close fight.
Like the Major, Naomi's android body grants her superhuman strength, speed, endurance and durability. She also has the ability to enter cyberspace, take control of computer systems and overload said computers so long as she is in close-range of them. Things she has been able to control have been stuff like construction machinery, military vehicles and even other androids. But she does have difficulty controlling computers that have some form of data protection. The greater the protection, the harder it is for her to control the computer. She also had some enhancements made to her towards the ends of both the OAV series and Dual-Matrix movie. In the OAV, she gained new features on her body that allowed her to fly and fire off mounted laser turrets from her shoulders and wing attachments. In Dual-Matrix, she gained the ability to release the limiter on her body's combat abilities which would boost her capabilities in battle at the risk of destroying herself.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
naomi, motoko doesn't have that much shit like wirelessly connecting to  a computer unless she is ina tachikoma, and she cannot fly, how long can she use the limiter?
@cfatalis: Naomi's body can hold up for a few minutes with the limiter released before it starts to strain her systems. And her flight systems aren't as durable as her body. With a well-timed shot, you could knock Naomi out of the sky, but she'd still be able to kick ass either in hand-to-hand combat or her laser turrets.
true unlike motoko who is general purpose, the spec you gave out for naomi points out in the direction of electronic combat warfare cyborg

At 8:12 of this clip, Naomi releases her limiter against the assassinroid and kicks ass.

Post by Sonata (35,160 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Nice vid Dream I'm starting to remember it now. Just by looking at that Armitage maybe be able to win I dont think Mokoto has a durable enough body to take the pounding Armitage can deliver. I remember in the first GITS movie Mokoto's ripped off when she tried to pull the lid off a tank.
well not only that but in SAC(stand alone complex)  her shoulder is how over heating due to parrying a blow from a strengthened android arm, it's on animax commercial or something
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel