Monkey D. Luffy vs Naruto Uzumaki

Topic started by willyvereb on Dec. 10, 2010. Last post by xlab3000 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by othus12 (6,303 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Fehafare: anyone? how about kizaru? XD

Post by Fehafare (8,320 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@othus12: He has it as traveling speed but not combat speed.

EIDT: But anyway we shouldn't go off-topic.

Post by Greysmokeman (165 posts) See mini bio Level 5

dont know....

A cross in the tombstone...

Post by All_StarSupes (767 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Reaction time and the ability to move at the speed of light should go hand in hand. You can't have the ability to move your muscles and react at the speed of light and then run at hyper-sonic speeds, and vice-versa, you can't run at the speed of light and only have hyper-sonic reaction speed.

Post by MisterShin (2,122 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@All_StarSupes said:

You can't have the ability to move your muscles and react at the speed of light and then run at hyper-sonic speeds

You can have faster reaction speed than running speed.

If your Usain Bolt and you run at 30mph that may apply, but if you can react at the speed of light and only run at hyper-sonic, then there's a serious failure of physics at play.

Post by The Stegman (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Getting back on topic...I say current Naruto wins.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,321 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@The Stegman said:

Getting back on topic...I say current Naruto wins.

QFT

Post by taichokage (12,628 posts) See mini bio Level 20
As of the latest chapters Naruto would defeat Luffy and with relative ease, but in fairness, Luffy has yet to reveal his true power since the time skip.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,456 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Luffy wins both senerios... from far away he will strect his fist and punch Naruto in the Nuts so hard that Naruto will die... lol no but seriously I still give it to Luffy

Post by One_Piece_God (540 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Naruto Will Win 4 Now But...OP Is Still The Better Manga. Fact.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,495 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I wouldn't say Naruto could defeat Luffy by "ease" on any account. Luffy's shown himself to be more than a match to Naruto when he dodged the Pacifistas's beam with no difficulty what so ever, or at least he made it look that way.

I'm not going to compare speeds here because there is no way to compare speeds but I'm sure Naruto is not much faster than Luffy. In fact Luffy may be faster than Naruto given his ability to use Soru like effects even pre time skip.

Luffy also has his haki abilities which would let him read his opponent's attacks and create highly impermeable defences. He could also use the king's haki but I'm sure Naruto would have enough will to resist that.

Overall I still give this fight to Luffy though, but it could go either way because Naruto is definitely able to keep up with Luffy and we haven't seen the full extent of his bijuu powers.

@ohgodwhy:  

I wouldn't say Naruto could defeat Luffy by "ease" on any account. Luffy's shown himself to be more than a match to Naruto when he dodged the Pacifistas's beam with no difficulty what so ever, or at least he made it look that way.

I'm not going to compare speeds here because there is no way to compare speeds but I'm sure Naruto is not much faster than Luffy. In fact Luffy may be faster than Naruto given his ability to use Soru like effects even pre time skip.

Luffy also has his haki abilities which would let him read his opponent's attacks and create highly impermeable defences. He could also use the king's haki but I'm sure Naruto would have enough will to resist that.

Overall I still give this fight to Luffy though, but it could go either way because Naruto is definitely able to keep up with Luffy and we haven't seen the full extent of his bijuu powers.

Contrary to popular belief, the Pacifista beam wasn't going at light speed no where near that in fact, maybe supersonic, Naruto himself has gotten a great speed boost in his Kyuubi form, able to easily dodge a Kage level Lariat.    

As for Haki abilities, only one will work in my opinion, like you said, King's haki won't work, Naruto isn't weak willed, as for Kenbunshoku, it has a hard time predicting random, erratic attacks, that's exactly what the Fox shroud is, as Sasuke stated, it attacks on its own, making even Sasuke, with a fully developed sharingan have trouble following it. Bushoshoku might work, but I doubt even it can stand up to a mountain busting tailed beast bomb if Naruto goes to his beast form. For the first time in either anime, I think Naruto would win the majority of the fights at his current levels.
Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@The Stegman said:

as for Kenbunshoku, it has a hard time predicting random, erratic attacks, that's exactly what the Fox shroud is, as Sasuke stated, it attacks on its own, making even Sasuke, with a fully developed sharingan have trouble following it.

You cannot compare the two! Kenbunshoku has nothing to do with Sharingan.

Sharingan works by mathematics principles, calculating the most plausible follow up movement by reading prior movements so obviously you will have the burden of focusing during battle while doing all that math in your head not to mention straining your eyes all the while. Kenbunshoku deletes the "problem workout" part; It just gives you the end result without having to work out the process alleviating significant burden on the wielder unlike the sharingan so they're not really that comparable.

@sceonn:  

@The Stegman said:

as for Kenbunshoku, it has a hard time predicting random, erratic attacks, that's exactly what the Fox shroud is, as Sasuke stated, it attacks on its own, making even Sasuke, with a fully developed sharingan have trouble following it.

You cannot compare the two! Kenbunshoku has nothing to do with Sharingan.

Sharingan works by mathematics principles, calculating the most plausible follow up movement by reading prior movements so obviously you will have the burden of focusing during battle while doing all that math in your head not to mention straining your eyes all the while. Kenbunshoku deletes the "problem workout" part; It just gives you the end result without having to work out the process alleviating significant burden on the wielder unlike the sharingan so they're not really that comparable. 

Regardless of their differences, they have the same weakness, they can't predict erratic movement, that's how Luffy was able to get the better of Enel, by bouncing his fists around all willy nilly.
Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@The Stegman:

Kenbunshoku Haki differs both in strength and usage among users. Enel's was mixed with his devil fruit and was mostly used to pick up EM waves and we know in OP verse Luffy (rubber) was able to nullify EM effects to some extent. Some can discern emotions like Naruto's 9Tail hatred sensing, only a much wider spectrum of emotions. Luffy has yet to show his'.

Luffys Haki didn't help him much when the Dragon smashed him into a wall.

Post by One_Piece_God (540 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@All_StarSupes:

I'm Sure If That Attack Was Dangerous To Luffy He Would Have Dodged..But As I Said Naruto Wins For Now But OP Is By Far The Superior Manga

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,210 posts) See mini bio Level 14

ok im just gonna bump this thread so i can defend luffy, who i say has a chance. now sure, the bikuu bomb would definitely kill him, but it has to land first. he could use his mantra and see what it will do, then he can just deflect it like any other bomb. i know this is possible because naruto did it easily, and guy was about to do it

Post by taichokage (12,628 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I don't know man. Although Luffy will probably be strongest by the end, current Naruto is pretty crazy.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel