Monkey D. Luffy vs Minato Namikaze

Topic started by Haofan123 on June 30, 2012. Last post by FalconC2 2 years ago.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
VS
VS

Morals ON

In Character

To death or KO

Scenario 1: Pre timeskip Luffy

Scenario 2: Current power level

http://monasterosantarosa.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/positano.jpg

So who wins, the will of D or the will of fire?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Hmm, pre timeskip Luffy will lose (he will get out speed)

But current Luffy will be able to tag Minato

Luffy will lose the first round, but the second he will win

Post by Yusuke52 (425 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Destinyheroknight: I think that Luffy has it in him to take both, aside from Minatos FTG and Summons (Which Luffy should have the strength to deal with), he does not have much else going for him that could really dent him. Luffy should be faster than Minato outside FTG except in his earliest showings.

I would say different if Minato had some better feats in regards to his speed and strength, but its because of Minatos lack of proper feats that makes it hard to judge.

Post by taichokage (12,696 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Post time skip wins. His haki and speed would allow him to evade and tag Minato, and one good shot from Luffyshould take Minato down. Pre time skip though would likely lose. Although fast, it is inferior to Minato's teleporting and without his haki, he probably couldn't tag Minato. You saw how well he did against the similar Kuma. Not well at all.
Post by JThree47605 (1,004 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I really think post time skip babyshakes, pre time skip loses

Post by ohgodwhy (1,515 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I say Minato takes both. Pre-time skip will be no problem because I don't think pre-time skip was even that fast, not compared to someone like the Raikage who is most likely in the hypersonic speeds and Minato was stated to be even faster. Personally I see pre Luffy being able to move at somewhere between super sonic and hyper sonic.

Post would be quite close. Luffy would have a very hard time tagging Minato who can effectively teleport. His haki lets him read attacks, but how can you read an attack when then person has teleported right behind you? Speed wise I put them a lot closer now and obviously destruction wise Luffy has the advantage but I think Minato's teleportation, genius and ability to be able to end his battles in one move would give him the edge.

Post by All_StarSupes (767 posts) See mini bio Level 10

The first round is 50/50. But unless Minato can place a seal on Luffy, he'll get beat pretty badly in the second round.

Post by othus12 (6,412 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@ohgodwhy: haki has precognition so teleporting wont do any good, luffy can still move way faster than bullets so a second of precog is enough to dodge any attack moreover a jet pistol should be able to connect since minato wont be expecting such weird attacks

Post by ohgodwhy (1,515 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@othus12: Maybe, haki is pretty OP. However Minato is a genius and if anyone could find a way around it, Minato would be the guy.

Post by othus12 (6,412 posts) See mini bio Level 13

if minato gets hit by luffy that would be it,his hit destroyed a pacifista which was highly durable. i doubt minato can take down luffy without getting hit.

Post by acarter (717 posts) See mini bio Level 10
  1. Minato after a good hard fight
  2. Luffy
Post by FalconC2 (349 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I agree with Yusuke52, Minato may have teleportation but his speed and strength are nothing next to Luffy's.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel