Monkey D. Dragon vs Red-Haired Shanks

Topic started by ALMIGHTY on Jan. 16, 2014. Last post by Kurohige 6 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by ALMIGHTY (357 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Obviously not much have been shown of either but based on speculation who do you believe is the stronger of the two possibly strongest men in One Piece ?

Post by taichokage (12,696 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Based soley on speculation, I think Dragon is the above the current Yonko. It's entirely hype but he is a single standing entity with subordinates obviously but the Yonko defy the World Govenrment as 4 top entities and their respective subordinates. Dragon stands alone. But I would pay to see this fight. I think they are very close in power.
Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,693 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Neither have very many feats, impossible to tell at this point, however if you want my opinion then they should be around the same ballpark but I believe Shanks would probably prevail. With the exception of maybe Blackbeard, I believe Shanks is probably the strongest in OP atm.

@ImDictatorBowDown: Interesting, you feel Blackbeard is possibly the strongest in OP atm ? You think he is > Kaidou ?

I think Kaido and Shanks are above Blackbeard at the moment. Again this is all speculation since Oda is as stubborn as Kubo when it comes to saving top tiers. Maybe even worse since OP is older. But I think Blackbeard will be the strongest in the world by EOS. Including Luffy. I think Luffy or whoever will beat him by being smart, not overpowering him.

@taichokage: Idk why but I kinda get the feeling it will be fleet admiral akainu that is the final villian not Blackbeard.. I know Blackbeard was the man who captured ace but Akainu put the nail in the coffin & on top of that is the reason the main character has a big nasty scar on his chest to remind him of him. Blackbeard & his crew were kinda scared of Akainu at marineford & luffy sees Akainu as a bigger threat as well.

HOWEVER I believe Blackbeard will play an important role towards the end by killing Shanks & will fight Luffy for the one piece. after Luffy becomes pirate I think there may be another time-skip or something along those lines where The Strawhats + Revolutionaries take on the world government and Luffy will fight there strongest marine Fleet Admiral Akainu in the final battle and luffy possibly turning himself in to the navy much like Gold D. Roger did.

PS: I know there is no right or wrong answer to these things just speculation at this point lol

@ALMIGHTY: Yes I do, it's mere speculation at this point. IIRC he has been stated to be stealing other people's devil fruits around the New World and adding them on to his already immense hax, all that plus WB's destructive capabilities gives me the impression that he is one of the if not the strongest currently.

@ImDictatorBowDown: Well it isn't exactly clear wether or not during his devil fruit hunting if he is giving it to his crew or using it for himself, & yes Whitebeard's fruit is incredibly strong yet even in his prime he still wasn't the most powerful he was #2 at best maybe #3 if you think Garp was stronger.

I think maybe you underestimate Kaidou a tad bit, he does have the title "The Strongest Thing Alive"

Post by All_StarSupes (767 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Going on hype, Dragon is on a different level. Especially when you consider the fact that his dad in his prime was able to go toe-to-toe with Roger.

@ALMIGHTY: Well it's all subjective at this point, even if Blackbeard isn't the strongest I don't believe that any of the people mentioned can beat him outright, and it should be noted that Blackbeard gave Shanks his scar before even gaining a fruit, also Shanks beat Kaidou off panel and showed up to the war without a scratch, that either shows that Kaidou isn't quite up to their level or that Shanks is a serious beast, ... probably both.

It wasn't confirmed he beat Kaido. He blocked Kaido from reaching Marineford because he wanted to wipe out the Whitebeard Pirates. Kaido left but that obviously would be sensible because nobody is strong enough to face 2 Yonko back to back. It doesn't mean Shanks was stronger than Kaido. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he were. In fact I think he is. Still Kaido is known as 100 Beast Kaido the strongest thing in the world. That's better than the strongest Man in the world title which Blackbeard tried to claim and Whitebeard had.

@taichokage: Only time will tell, we can't really gauge top tiers that haven't been shown serious, I'm still waiting for Mihawk do something with the slightest amount of effort and Kizaru to be forced out of his troll face (really looking forward to the latter one) anyway We'll probably see what Big Mom's made of before Kaido and we can scale him from there.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I think Dragon isn't as powerful as Shanks, I think the reason he is the most wanted man in the world is he is the leader of the Revolutionary Army that rebel against the world government. I don't see it as a power thing, more so he is just a great leader. I hoping Oda just make him a normal guy (that not going to happen)

Post by luthluth (1,231 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I think Dragon could possibly be the legendary weapon Uranus.   Uranus  (Ουρανός) was the personification of sky, the father of all Titans it all makes sense. I think he is most likely at Yonko level or above. Anything can happen with Oda just look at the latest chapter. 
Post by Kobra678 (2,973 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now

I think that Dragon is above Shanks, based only off of being the most wanted man alive.

@All_StarSupes said:

Going on hype, Dragon is on a different level. Especially when you consider the fact that his dad in his prime was able to go toe-to-toe with Roger.

Well yeah but so was Whitebeard, and Shanks went toe-to-toe with Whitebeard. Albeit they weren't serious but still.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,842 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Based sheerly off hype, Dragon should easily be above Shanks. We will see.
Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I love the cute little picture for Dragon then BOOM! Huge blockbuster poster for Shanks XD. I think Dragon is higher based off hype.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel