Mikoto Misaka (ToAru) vs Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Topic started by Dream on April 30, 2013. Last post by solesamurai 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by Dream (7,220 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Made this thread to try testing some things out regarding Mikoto. Battle will take place in Academy City with both fighters in character, yet fighting seriously. Battle can be won either by KO or death. If speed is an issue between fighters, I'll equalize it for this match.

And please try accounting for the abilities of both characters before thinking one stomps over the other. Otherwise, who do you think wins this match?

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,226 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Luffy is way faster.

Misaka is peak human. Pretty much most of her attacks won't do anything. All luffy has to do is hit her once and she's done.

@Whats_out_the_bag:

Luffy is way faster.

Both have hypersonic reaction speed considering Mikoto could react to bomb explosions at point-blank range and could casually react to sniper fire, so I fail to see this as a factor. And even if speed is an issue, I have the stipulation to equalize it here.

Pretty much most of her attacks won't do anything.

Let's see: Mikoto emits enough voltage of electricity that it superheats the vicinity she is in and burns (or melts) whatever her bolts strike, the girl capable of emitting a billion volts regularly and can raise it to as high as 5 billion votes. Luffy might be resistant to shock from electrical attacks since his rubber body acts as an insulator, but the heat emitted from Mikoto's electric attacks are still gonna cause harm to him and, in a messy scenario, could make his body melt, being rubber and all.

Mikoto is also capable of creating an Iron Sand-like ability similar to Gaara's sand jutsu via her electromagnetism that allows her to fend off attacks (strong enough to protect her from a bomb that destroyed a large section of a highway) and cut up her foes as each grain of the "sand" is vibrating at hypersonic speeds via Mikoto's magnetism. She can make said Iron Sand into a tornado to ensnare her foes to get them hacked apart and at its worst, the tornado covered an entire Russian army base. Luffy's rubber body provides no protection to cutting attacks, so he's gonna be in quite a world of hurt to Mikoto's Iron Sand attacks.

All luffy has to do is hit her once and she's done.

True, but only if he can get around the voltage her body emits and her Iron Sand, which I guarantee isn't gonna be a walk in the park as you would think.

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,220 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Dream: voltage means nothing to him, rubber body is immune. Iron sand also means nothing since he's destroyed things far stronger than iron, a jet pistol would break through the wall, or an elephant gun or even a red hawk (if its really that strong which I highly doubt.) Luffy is not immune to being cut, but he has been shown to fight through such attacks despite that.

voltage means nothing to him,

You don't seem to grasp what I'm saying. The electric shock isn't harming Luffy, the heat from the voltage would and Luffy has no resistance to immense heat. Even insulators like rubber have limits to how much heat they can withstand from electrical voltage before giving out.

Iron sand also means nothing since he's destroyed things far stronger than iron

Luffy is not immune to being cut, but he has been shown to fight through such attacks despite that.

The shields formed by Mikoto's Iron Sand can also double as an offense since each of the grains of it function like a chainsaw via her magnetism. If Luffy were to try any kind of physical attack on Mikoto, he runs the risk of having his arm hacked off by Mikoto's Iron Sand. Even worst, he could get trapped in and hacked apart by an Iron Sand tornado. There's no way he can endure having a countless number of Iron Sand grains hacking apart his body all at once.

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,226 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Dream:

Both have hypersonic reaction speed considering Mikoto could react to bomb explosions at point-blank range and could casually react to sniper fire,

So now all explosions are now hypersonic?

There isn't a gun that can shoot bullets at hypersonic speed either.

Also I don't remember her doing these in the manga. The explosion part was in the side story anime.

Her fastest attack is supersonic.to possibly hypersonic She uses the rail gun attack, which modern tech has even made. He dodges her attacks with ease. If she's hypersonic most of the cast is hypersonic. Seeing how everyone doesn't move faster than a cars and what would be the purpose of Misaka using her roommate to teleport her to places if she can just get there in an instant.

Mikoto is also capable of creating an Iron Sand-like ability similar to Gaara's sand jutsu via her electromagnetism that allows her to fend off attacks

Yeah this is why I said most. I think she can hurt him with this. But the fact is this isn't something she would start off with, nor will she probably get to use it if he punches her first.

Many factors come into play here, but Luffy wins 9/10.

the voltage her body emits

As Jinbeifan1 has stated it doesn't do anything to him.

the girl capable of emitting a billion volts regularly and can raise it to as high as 5 billion votes.

I know I haven't read the manga in a while, but mind showing me scans.

Luffy has tanked a lightning volt which normally is a billion volts (positive lighting/ 10 times thats if negative), but this guy was capable of summoning lightning from the sky. I've never seen her create that much power before.

but the heat emitted from Mikoto's electric attacks are still gonna cause harm to him and, in a messy scenario, could make his body melt, being rubber and all.

He may be rubber but he's capable of tanking heat. Since he's able to tank a real blast of lightning which emits a lot of heat. Punching her will not heat his entire body as he doesn't conduct electrical currents.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,816 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Dream: I see what you're saying here but Enel(A guy who is living lightning) tried to burn Luffy with his crazy high voltage and it didn't work. He even added the heat to his staff and the plot saved him of course. Going by what happened Luffy wins here mostly due to speedblitz.

@Dream: shed have to catch him first, the only thing fast enough to do so is her rail gun and thats if she launches it before he moves, which he could just dance around her without problem. other than that he runs circles around her and a single hit will kill her she loses this fight easily. plus can she make the shield fast enough to stop him? Also is the heat as hot as akainu's lava? Luffy was able to take that to the chest and survive, not to mention akainus lava easily melts steel.

Post by MisterShin (2,122 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@Dream: I see what you're saying here but Enel(A guy who is living lightning) tried to burn Luffy with his crazy high voltage and it didn't work. He even added the heat to his staff and the plot saved him of course. Going by what happened Luffy wins here mostly due to speedblitz.

Misaka lightning is way above Enel, its 5 Billion Volts from her body alone and she can pull down natural lightning from the sky.

Misaka has EM radar sense, meaning that she can sense everything around her. She uses this to react to explosions, beams and hypersonic opponents (Brunhild Eiktobel).

@Jinbeifan1 said:

@Dream: shed have to catch him first, the only thing fast enough to do so is her rail gun and thats if she launches it before he moves, which he could just dance around her without problem. other than that he runs circles around her and a single hit will kill her she loses this fight easily. plus can she make the shield fast enough to stop him? Also is the heat as hot as akainu's lava? Luffy was able to take that to the chest and survive, not to mention akainus lava easily melts steel.

Lightning is much hotter than Lava. Luffy cannot run circles around an opponent who has relativistic reactions. (Im sure Mugino beams are relativistic or lightspeed can remember)

Misaka can hit Luffy with lightning, before Luffy can hit her.

Misaka can also defend herself before Luffy can hit her.

Misaka raised a part of road with EM before a hypersonic opponent could land a blow. That in itself kills the notion that Luffy could blitz her.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,816 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@MisterShin: Uh so? Point was lightning has no effect on Luffy which we already went over. If you have seen the Skypeia arc, then you would know why lightning doesn't work plain and simple.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,015 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Um all lightening emits heat. I don't see what factor that has to play here because luffy is not affected by lightening. If i recall correctly when Enel was grabbing luffy's head one of the attacks was 1billion volts as he called it and he tanked it easily. I guess 3 billion volts could make him flinch a bit.

And actually she probably couldn't hit him. This is a pretty solid theory in that unlike enel she herself is not lightening. She just has the ability to emit it to her will. But with only peak human speeds she wouldn't be able to use the attack before luffy could hit her. But that is just my theory. On top of that luffy has precog and i doubt her lightening can hit him if he moves out the way.

@MisterShin: one hypersonic opponent does not equal another. If the hypersonic's she beat are faster than luffy (which means probably higher than 40+ mach since luffy is 30+ mach) then I say that is viable, but just because she has before doesnt mean she could hit a claymore character who is faster than OP characters.

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@Dream said:

voltage means nothing to him,

You don't seem to grasp what I'm saying. The electric shock isn't harming Luffy, the heat from the voltage would and Luffy has no resistance to immense heat. Even insulators like rubber have limits to how much heat they can withstand from electrical voltage before giving out.

Iron sand also means nothing since he's destroyed things far stronger than iron

Luffy is not immune to being cut, but he has been shown to fight through such attacks despite that.

The shields formed by Mikoto's Iron Sand can also double as an offense since each of the grains of it function like a chainsaw via her magnetism. If Luffy were to try any kind of physical attack on Mikoto, he runs the risk of having his arm hacked off by Mikoto's Iron Sand. Even worst, he could get trapped in and hacked apart by an Iron Sand tornado. There's no way he can endure having a countless number of Iron Sand grains hacking apart his body all at once.

Indirect heat like that which comes from lightning has not been shown to effect Luffy at all. The only way Enel managed to harm luffy was to heat up some kind of Golden mace/rod thing(don't remember) and attack him with that. Luffy also has Hardening haki as well which is theory would protect him against most any damage she can dish.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel