Mihawk vs Ryougi Shiki

Topic started by CerusSerenade on May 26, 2013. Last post by Dream 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by CerusSerenade (2,653 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Shiki is using her katana but is not in void mode. Mihawk is using his sword.

Speed is equalized.

Both are bloodlusted.

Arena is a barren plateau.

Post by Dream (7,735 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Would ultimately come down to who strikes who first. With MEoDP, any blow from Shiki could fuck up Mihawk rather badly while any blow from Mihawk would be more than enough to dispatch Shiki considering the monstrous cutting feats he has demonstrated in One Piece like cutting through a massive iceberg.

@Dream: Indeed, the main thing is that Ryougi has demonstrated accuracy with throwing knives, and she could probably get a death line if she threw her hidden knife.

Post by Theorder14 (207 posts) See mini bio Level 9

well, i'm pretty sure Mihawk could easily dodge her knifes but if he were to block it then he will lose his precious sword if it cut the lines.

Post by Kurohige (3,742 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Well both can kill each other in one hit, but Mihawk would win; he has precog and has reactions fast enough to keep up with gear second Luffy easily Luffy, he also has shockwaves to parry the knives thrown at him and due to his haki he would see Ryugi's hidden attack beforehand. I give this match to Mihawk with mid-low difficulty. These characters are hax but a lot of these guys can't contend with a lot of the HST, except maybe 4 that I can think of. The force from one of Mihawk's slashes would be enough to kill Shiki, by the time she even thinks to parry one attack Mihawk will have already done another and cut her in half as speed equal only equates to movement, not fighting/reaction speed. Mihawk is just physically superior, by a lot, so the hax wont do much here.

@Kurohige: i read somewhere that Ryougi also have precog in the novels but there wasn't any mention about it in the movie. Do you know the details about it?

People with the MEoDP know how they themselves will die, and can act accordingly against such events. Thus she can flawlessly predict the movements of those who might try to kill her.

: All speed is equalized, not just movement ability. Otherwise there would be no point.

@CerusSerenade: All speed? That's pretty silly, and weird... speed equal normally applies only to movement so that one character can't storm the whole field in under a second before the other can react, it rarely is applied to attacks and reactions. Well with those conditions it depends on how close they are to each other; Shiki has the advantage close range since all speed is equal nobody would land a really hit since both are bloodlusted and would attack the very moment they could and both has precog, only difference is that Mihawk parries and loses his sword, then his little dagger, and well, then his life as every time Mihakw attacks he loses something. On the other hand if the distance is at least 10-20 meters Mihawk should win given that his has a greater AoE with his slashes, I don't think equal speed would apply to things like energy blast, i.e. If Goku were in a battle where speed was equal we wouldn't count the energy blast he fires into that same rule, would we? So Mihawk's shockwave slashes would be too quick for shiki, not only that but you can't really see them since what he used to cut the giant iceberg was not even a shockwave but simply force from his attack. Either way Mihawk just seems too much for shiki even if he is nerfed. Precog does not just mean it won't happen, if it's out of her power she can't do much about it except make peace. I duno if the prediction is that precise but even so it wont matter.

@Theorder14: It was stated in the game I believe, i think as said above all who have MEoDP have that ability. Dream would know for sure though.

@Kurohige: She has two options. 1. Kill the energy attack. 2. Dodge since she can predict how she will die and act beforehand.

@Kurohige: There's a game of Garden of the Sinners?!? where can i download it?

Kill the energy attack.

Considering this isn't Void Shiki, Shiki would have to comprehend the nature of his ranged attack first before she could "kill" it. Also considering the age of the katana, it would very likely break if fending off a strong enough attack considering the blade eventually snapped after Shiki used it on Araya during the Paradox Spiral movie. If Mihawk resorts to his ranged attacks, then I can't picture Shiki's katana withstanding the powerful force of the attack.

Now that I think about it, I think Mihawk might win this match as well. While both have similar one-hit kill potential with their abilities, Mihawk has a bit more versatility as he has a ranged attack and far greater destructive potential while Shiki has to get into melee range to effectively use her MEoDP on a living target.

And I guess I have to ask considering I haven't read the novels for Kara no Kyoukai: but where it is confirmed that MEoDP users gain precog? There was no mention of this detail I recall mentioned in the Kara no Kyoukai movies or through my look into the Tsukihime game.

@Dream: She fended off an attack from a magus nearing the akashic records multiple times with the katana. It breaking under an energy wave is a non-issue.

But for the sake of the fight, let's say that the katana and Mihawk's sword have the same durability.

@CerusSerenade: How am I gonna take debating with you seriously if you're tweaking battle conditions just to get a desired outcome you will like? -_-*

@Dream: Please explain to me how I'm supposed to take you seriously if you're whining about a sword actually working for the fight for the sake of seeing who would win because of skill rather than faulty equipment?

@Theorder14: I may be thinking of the wrong one, I only watched walthroughs of these games a while back. I don't think there is, unless that is where the skill first appeared.

@Kurohige: There's no actual Kara no Kyoukai game, unless you're referring to Shiki's appearance in later versions of the Melty Blood game.

@CerusSerenade: Because I was factoring in that aspect of the equipment before you decided to tweak it without accounting for it in your opening post. Under the tweaked conditions, I still see Mihawk prevailing here due to more flexible options in combat as he has greater combat range with his attacks since Shiki's effective range with the katana with MEoDP is only at 9 meters and she would still likely suffer serious injury from Mihawk's wind attacks if she tried to parry them with the sword considering the attack's greater AoE.

Post by phantomrant (1,383 posts) See mini bio Level 10

There a reason why she can't cut the lines of death of Mihawk's air slashes given her precog and ability?

@phantomrant: Shiki needs to comprehend the nature of whatever attack or being she wishes to harm or defend against before she can successfully screw them up with MEoDP. You might recall it took her some time before she could see Fujino's Distortion attacks in Remaining Sense of Pain and she had quite a bit of difficulty seeing Araya's lines of death during their first battle with one another in the fifth KnK movie.

@Kurohige: Maybe you meant the Tsukihime game? oh well, at least there's the Gospel of the future novel getting adapted this year. Can't wait to see how Ryougi is gonna *kill* the future.

Post by Fehafare (9,433 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Dream: Araya and his powers have more to do with the origin than anything else, as well as the fact that he only has one line, which is what made it so difficult.

Fujino's abilities are pretty much invisible and she uses them to rewrite reality into something being bent to the left or to the right.

An physical air slash needs 0 strain and won't be doing much.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel