Mihawk (One Piece) vs Kenpachi (Bleach)

Topic started by Azkikr on Oct. 24, 2009. Last post by One_Piece_God 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Azkikr (19 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Sup, I'm new to this forum and I thought I might as well make a battle while I'm here. 

Mihawk:   

Abilities/Powers/Weapons:  
-Insanely strong compared with most of the other One Piece characters, referred to as a "monster superior to monsters".  
-Incredibly good eyesight, was able to easily follow Luffy's Gear Second moves, and he also has really good accuracy. 
-Wields the "strongest sword in the world", Kokutou Yoru, which is 6 ft long and has been known to slice through entire fleets. His sword has also been seen to do powe rful slashes made up of what looks like compressed air.   
-Also has another blade on his neck, he is shown to be proficient with it as well when he defeats Zoro simply using it to block his attacks and then stabbing him in the chest.
-Not a huge amount has been seen of him yet so it is possible he may have powers we don't know of.

Kenpachi: 

Abilities/Powers/Weapons: 
-Loves fighting; bloodlust. 
-Body is incredibly tough, he's been known to have his body almost cut to shreds and still be smiling (Kenpachi vs Nnoitra for example). 
-Has massive strength, has sliced through a skyscaper with just a flick of his wrist. 
-Very skilled with his sword and is also incredibly good at hand to hand combat. 
-Huge amounts of spiritual pressure, Kenpachi has as much spiritual pressure as most of the captains even with his limiting eyepatch on and has been seen to fight on par with captains with it on. 
-Good at analyzing fights, although he may seem slightly dumb as all he wants to do is fight it has been noted by Byakuya Kuchiki and other Bleach characters that he is good at finding and exploiting weaknesses in other opponents attacks. 
-His full strength has not yet been revealed as he has not shown his released sword and bankai (hasn't achieved yet, but if he does....) 

For the debate we're going to assume that: 1. Mihawk can see Kenpachi and attack him. 2. Kenpachi's spiritual pressure isn't enough to render Mihawk unconcious and 3. We're only debating about their current powers on the current airing, a.k.a. Kenpachi hasn't achieved bankai yet and Mihawk doesn't have some huge instant death ability etc. So please don't say, Kenpachi uses bankai which is imo huge and kills Mihawk instantly. Curbstomp.  

Rules:  
Unlimited fight time. 
Random encounter, so no prep.  
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Maybe juraquile
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
eeeeh, isn't mihawk the same crazy ass kenpachi is?
Mihawk is awesome swordsman, but Kenpachi is...insane on a whole other level. Two-hand swing from Mihawk bisected a large boat. One-handed jab from Kenpachi split a giant solid block in twain.

Yeah, personally I'd lean on Ken, but Mihawk is a pretty psycho swordsman.
remember this is bleach, whose building might as well be made of marshmallow, since they got crushed every so often

and don-krieg ship is huge
However Mihawk doesn't wear bells and a living eyepatch that devours his energy and drops him to 1/5th his normal ability just so his fights can be more interesting. Kenpachi can reiatsu crush people with the eye-patch on. His sheer bloodlust in SS arc made Ichigo feel like he'd be impaled, despite the fact nothing happened. And you gotta realize that Mihawk, even against weaker fighters, will defend himself. Kenpachi will tank shots from people around his level just so he can get excited about fighting them. Kenpachi removing his eye patch is a huge deal in and of itself, but Ken getting warmed up and then using Kendo means he rapes hard.
i guess, since my knowledge of one piece is quite little, so maybe nerx will be a better one on this
Post by Klandicar (104 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Mihawk will absolutely crush Zaraki in a sword duel.  He is the "world's greatest swordsman" for a reason.  Mihawk might even be able to take him out with that little dagger he wears around his neck.  Zaraki is slow too, he can't keep up with MIhawk and will succumb to the Black Blade.  Sorry guys, the levels are too far apart.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Lets just compare the amount of effort they put in those swings

Zaraki: Laughs at them 
  1. Slashing buildings with a laugh and a wide arc swing
  2. Fighting with effort (Ichigo and Nnoitora)
  3. Fueled by his lust for battle
  4. Disrespects Genryusai Yamamoto by calling him 'old fart'
Mihawk : doesn't give a sh!t
  1. Cuts a galleon of approx 50 ships while bored
  2. parried two swords with a letter opener
  3. cuts down massive things with minimal effort and without breaking a sweat
  4. Rivalled a Yonkou is sword fighting
I still lean in the Hawk
Kenpachi cleaved a building in half without touching it, as a side-effect if just removing his eye patch, and still one-handed. Kenpachi dominated Ichigo for the first 2/3rds of the fight and beat him before Ichigo tapped all of his latent abilities and was using full force of Zangetsu on top of his own power to overcome Kenpachi and it ended in a draw, and that was after Ken let Ichigo wail on him for a bit. A serious Kenpachi would've killed Ichigo in an instant.

You forget that Kenpachi tanked shots from both Tousen and Komamura and said that it wasn't even on par with his morning exercises. Seriously, Mihawk's sword won't even make a dent in Kenpachi. Forget the little effing knife he has, it ain't doin shit. He fricken stopped Nnoitra's blade dead with his pecs. Why? Cause he wanted Nnoitra to get serious and stop dicking around. Don't forget Ken caught Nnoitra's Cero with his bare hand and tossed it aside like it was a softball. Really, there's no way for Mihawk to win.

@ReiKai said:
" He fricken stopped Nnoitra's blade dead with his pecs. "
Love this -------^

And especially considering Nnoitra is probably the most physically strong espada out of them all I reckon that means Mihawk who is just an awesome human pirate couldn't face up to Kenpachi, the death god captain.  

To give a summary of their powers... 

Kenpachi = 

Basically Ken fights 1 handed against Nnoitra the entire time, as soon as he uses two hands he one shots Nnoitra's released form. 

Mihawk = 

Counters all of Zoro's sword using that tiny little thing and then pulls out his big sword and one shots him.  

Tough battle in my opinion their both very similar characters.
Post by sinister_noob_incarnate (474 posts) See mini bio Level 3

i still say Kenpachi

and if i was in the mood i would list several reasons that you can not deny.

Well figure this; Zoro at that point in time would get decimated by pretty much any decent Shinigami from Bleach, let alone any of the Liuetenants. A Captain would rape him brutally and instantly. Zoro couldn't even keep up with Kuro who was low super-sonic at best. Kuro pretty much fistraped Zoro at that point in the series. Zoro doesn't get really badass until much later and it takes some time before Mihawk has any real competition. But still, neither can really stand up to Kenpachi.

Post by Tradog (535 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@ReiKai said:
" Mihawk is awesome swordsman, but Kenpachi is...insane on a whole other level. Two-hand swing from Mihawk bisected a large boat. One-handed jab from Kenpachi split a giant solid block in twain.

"
I think this tops that:

Post by Klandicar (104 posts) See mini bio Level 1
@Tradog said:

" @ReiKai said:

" Mihawk is awesome swordsman, but Kenpachi is...insane on a whole other level. Two-hand swing from Mihawk bisected a large boat. One-handed jab from Kenpachi split a giant solid block in twain.

"
I think this tops that:
"
Yeah man, MIhawk's feat >>> Zarakis.  Mihawk isn't even near the glacier and it gets sliced in half.  I bet Mihawk can take Zaraki with his little dagger for reals.  Just too much skill for Zaraki to handle...if he gets KOed by an inexperienced Ichigo.
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7

ken
That's something Ichigo could easily replicate with a Getsuga Tenshou. Such attacks Kenpachi has been known to tank. Still not up to par. Just the clash between Ichigo and Kenpachi destroyed a dozen or more skyscrapers. And Kenpachi's Kendo is still much more impressive. Mihawk spent years on technique and ability. What Ken does is simply strength. Kenpachi swinging with both hands is just him finally using all of his strength instead of only a portion of it.

Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@cfatalis:
@Nerx:
@Klandicar:  

wow do u really think he can beat kenny -_- one of the strongest and insane fighters in bleach who bounces swords off his chest for fun
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel