Might Guy vs Monkey D. Luffy

Topic started by Kurohige on Aug. 30, 2010. Last post by MisterShin 3 years, 11 months ago.
Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Rules: 

1. Guy starts out in 7th gate 
2. Luffy starts out in gear 2nd and can stay in ther without caughing up blood 
3 . Current Guy and current Luffy (at full health) 
4. Guy has no summonings 
5. Guy still has the drawbacks of his inner gates 
6. Both start out 7 feet away in alabasta (Where Luffy and Crocodile fought.) 
7. Bloodlust on 

Vs 

Who wins? 
Post by taichokage (12,693 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Luffy ftw. Luffy's strength feats are superior even to Gai's though this is better than the Gai vs Yamamoto thread. The great reason Luffy survives this is because blunt attacks (punches even strong ones) are virtually useless against him.
Post by gogbot (58 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Gai vs Luffy  

This is the same as Luffy vs Rob lucci 

Even Luffy takes damage from rokuougan , 

Guy's Afternoon tiger  is a stronger version  rokuougan

He also has Morning Peacock

And who can forget his ultimate one hit attack DYNAMIC... ENTRY!!!!!!!!

Luffy has his arsenal of moves along with 3rd gear.

Which makes this a very close match.
Even both their characters are to like to make a call.

Guy has more experience and Un-restrained Youth
But Luffy has demonstrated time and again he has more heart and his punches care more weight.

I like both characters , and because this is so close to call.
I will determine the winner based on who's soundtrack is better , which is luffy. 
lol
Post by RadiantTheLight (733 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Luffy, DUH!
Post by obscurefan (216 posts) See mini bio Level 20
After seeing what Guy was able to do to Kisame in the most recent chapter I've got to give it to him. When Luffy comes back from the time skip then he'd be the winner but as of now I have to give it to Guy.
Post by Abomination (32 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@gogbot:  The reason why lucci was actually able to damage luffy because most of his attacks hurt him from the inside. Neji could also do the same.
@obscurefan: I hate time skips but one piece has been going for so long it just might be okay. I think Oda is trying to give a way for Luffy and co. to have a power upgrade that he doesn't have to show and thus not make it seem like an unrealistic power jump like Ichigo and to a degree, Naruto. Also He probably realized that Naruto and bleach are both constantly getting more and more powerful especially as of the last month or so and if he doesn't move quickly, One Piece will be left behind. But anyway I think Luffy beats gai even with Gai's new demonstration. Despite that show, Luffy has shown far more and far greater strength feats than Gai as well as durability. The only thing Gai is superior in is speed and thats only in the gates because Luffy is no slouch in the speed department either.
Post by MisterShin (2,124 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@taichokage said:

" Luffy ftw. Luffy's strength feats are superior even to Gai's though this is better than the Gai vs Yamamoto thread. The great reason Luffy survives this is because blunt attacks (punches even strong ones) are virtually useless against him. "

Sorry but with your blunt attack comment, are you forgetting that Gai is a Ninja and therefore it would not be a surprise to find he has Ninja tools on his person at times.
Gai even has Nunchucks if memory serves.
Gai can simply replace punch with Kunai thrust.
Gai wins
Afternoon Tiger
Morning Peacock
Reverse Lotus
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,734 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Gai wins. 
He is faster, bigger damage output, and has weapons (kunai ect) that can pierce rubber.
@MisterShin: a kunai wouldn't kill Luffy also Gai would not waste the gates to use a kunai. He never does. His true power is in hand to hand combat. Besides those jutsu have failed to kill every time they were used (except for morning peacock against a clone) . Not saying they're weak but naruto chars. dont have the durabiliy luffy has and they still tend to survive.
Post by judge (743 posts) See mini bio Level 7

luffy...
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,734 posts) See mini bio Level 20
  Morning Peackock punches are supersonic
Gai punches so fast he heats up the air and creates shockwaves.

Then his punch becomes much faster for the afternoon tiger 

And it makes a big impact.

Keep in mind this huge impact, which appears even larger than the island Naruto was on, is a shockwave created by a ordinary (as in no jutsu), super powered punch. The  impact also was felt on the island, Naruto and crew had to brace for it. 

Morning Peackock>>>Gomu Gomu no Jet Pistol 
Afternoon Tiger>>>>anything Luffy can do. 

I still say a Hidden Lotus with a Kunai ends Luffy.
@hitsusatsu11:
That was the afternoon tiger with the collided giant shark bomb that made the huge explosion.
Post by MisterShin (2,124 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Kurohige said:

" @hitsusatsu11: That was the afternoon tiger with the collided giant shark bomb that made the huge explosion. "

Afternoon Tiger is always that big, it actually gets bigger than the image above, because it explodes, this is stated by Yamato, you then later see the group feel the explosion of Afternoon Tiger. 
http://static3.mangastream.com/manga/1/19840303/naruto_04-05.png
http://static3.mangastream.com/manga/1/19840303/naruto_06.png

@MisterShin:
I read that chapter all the way through it is still not island busting at all, it simply collided with another attack and won thus causing the explosion, also add in the fact that they had to brace themselves for the flying debris and whatnot not the actual explosion. I does not even look half as big as even Deidara's explosion.
Post by narutogeass (94 posts) See mini bio Level 4
i like both so ima say draw
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I hate One Piece, but Luffy handily takes this.
Post by narutogeass (94 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@Kurohige:i know i said it was island busting once a pawn a time but  its not island busting if  it was it would have busted the island but it is rely powerful tho
@ReiKai said:
"I hate One Piece, but Luffy handily takes this. "

Why do you hate one Piece?
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Luffy's ever-retarded attitude drove me from it. That and the massive wank, plus Ussop is even more annoying than Krillin.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel