Mewtwo (R/B/Y) vs Arceus

Topic started by TheBlackDragonz on July 3, 2012. Last post by DBZ_universe 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by TheBlackDragonz (883 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Back in the day, there was a bug that made Ghost attacks ineffectual on Psychic types. Also, Special Attack and Special Defense were all one stat, and critical hits depended on your speed.

Who would win, Mewtwo from back in those times, or Arceus?

notes: Arceus cannot use Steel or Dark plates, to keep it from causing issues as those weren't around in R/B/Y. Mewtwo does have access to Psystrike and Aura Sphere, though. Arceus can use any other of the plates.

Please explain who would win, and why? Thanks!

Post by ohgodwhy (1,526 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Arceus was taking on Giratina, Palkia and Dialga all at the same time. Arceus wins this. Mewtwo's psychic attacks wouldn't be strong enough to affect Arceus.

Ok, even back in R/B/Y? I thought the extra special resistances he had from back then would help even it out.

I don't see how it would make much of a difference.

Ok, thanks.

Post by othus12 (6,635 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

yeah arceus stats are out of the roof

Post by DBZ_universe (15,661 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Since this is R/B/Y Mewtwo brings out MissingNO and it's over for Arceus....

But on the real Arceus wins... back then the stats of Mewtwo were lower... I think it was 620...

But what if this happens???

Post by XImpossibruX (56 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Movie Arceus solo'd the God of time, Space, and Dimensions with little effort. He can instantaneously switch types to counter or power up any attack. Mewtwo's psychic attacks are useless vs Dark type.

While Mewtwo was injured by Giovanni and his mechs, in Mewtwo Returns.

On the other hand.

Game Arceus has way better stats ( 125 base in everything, best in game) and can use type plates to gain an advantage. Normal type Arceus w/ Extreme speed, life orb 252 attack evs 252 HP, would demolish Mewtwo.

Aura sphere wouldn't be enough for Arceus killer defense, and superior offense would seal the deal.

But even if were going by JUST R/B/Y then Mewtwo has 0 fighting moves that would do decent damage, while Arceus can double-edge.

Arceus wins, whoever says other wise is a fanboy and probably has nostalgia problems.

Edit: /thread

@XImpossibruX: I said that to make it in effect to when Mewtwo was back in RBY, Arceus could NOT use Dark and Steel plates. And also, those mechs you mentioned? They were designed to be able to injure him. Three, Arceus may have taken out the three dragons, but was nearly killed by flying into a meteor. Also, ever read the manga, which was released back in RBY's time, therefore represents his capabilities then? Mewtwo's Psywave generates a tornado that was able to throw attacks back at thier sources. Still, I would prefer you used a little more respect here, or you may get banned pretty quickly.@XImpossibruX:

in awesomeness Mewtwo stomps Arceus...

Post by 321zigzag1 (638 posts) See mini bio Level 9

As of current stats. Black Kyurem and White Kyurem I believe has the second highest stat in total, in the game, 700.

@321zigzag1: And what do they have to do with this? This is between Arceus and RBY Mewtwo. In which, back then, Mewtwo's Special Defense was the same as it's Special Attack due to both being combined as the Special stat.

Post by 321zigzag1 (638 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I mentioned it because it was interesting there was another pokemon or 2 technically that is above the horde 680 stats pokemon which included Mewtwo.

As for this match, so this is strictly game mechanics RBY style?

Because some of the posters make it seem it was Anime Arceus.

@321zigzag1: I know. I'm specifically trying to figure out if RBY Mewtwo can beat current Arceus, minus the dark and steel types.

Oh I misunderstood what you meant.

This isn't too hard. I think it would come down to whoever's speed stat was higher. They'd probably do similar damage so whoever gets in that first strike would win imo.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,888 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Being as Arceus is the god of all pokemon, he wins with the utmost ease.

@SpeedForceSpider: True, but I don't consider him the god of ALL pokemon... he is not the god of Mewtwo, or Deoxys, or the Legendary Beasts from Johto.

@SpeedForceSpider: The thing is, this isn't just Mewtwo. This is RBY Mewtwo. This was when Psychic was horrifically overpowered. This was when Mewtwo's Special Defense didn't suck, because it didn't exist yet. This was when Mewtwo was practically invincible to everything. Dark, Steel, and the Special stat split into Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense were all brought into existance partially to weaken Psychic types. Arceus may still win, but Mewtwo will be putting up one HELL of a fight.

@XImpossibruX said:

Arceus wins, whoever says other wise is a fanboy and probably has nostalgia problems.

Hey that's not nice.... come on now..

So if I say Mewtwo wins that means I am a fanboy with nostalgia problems??

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,888 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@DBZ_universe: Why not? As I remember he created all the Pokemon including Legendary ones. Also, Mewtwo is a knock-off version of Mew anyway so it kinda counts.

@TheBlackDragonz: Since when? Proof please and thank you.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel