Meruem vs Lex Luthor ( chess match )

Topic started by Alpha_Watcher_3000 on July 25, 2014. Last post by ImDictatorBowDown 2 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Alpha_Watcher_3000 (136 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Lex Luthor takes on Meruem in a game of strategy.

Who wins ?

Post by LoveLessNHK (11 posts) See mini bio Level 14

That's hard to say.

In HxH Meruem was cited to have been able to best the very best players of various board games after having read the rule book and playing 10 matches.

His learning curve and adaptability are top notch.

How do you compare this kind of thing? How good is Lex Luthor at chess?

Meruem needed to play 10 matches with each person before he mastered the game, and got rid of the person because he had no more to learn from them. But when he picked up Gungi, Komugi was able to keep him on his toes. Even after 10 matches he didn't master the game, because Komugi was also getting better as they played.

So, even if we were to base this on x games out of ten...I'm not sure what I'd think, particularly since I'm not sure about Lex's ability.

I don't know how good is Luthor, but I am sure that he is a master strategist.

He is a scientist, a great business man, he was able to control the crime underworld for some time, at least that's what I heard.

Post by LoveLessNHK (11 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Upon doing some research, I guess Chess is one of Lex Luthor's favorite games, and he's incredibly adapt at the game, being able to beat grandmasters and such (multiple at a time if I was reading the source correctly).

Assuming this is post him 'mastering' board games, of which I believe chess was included... at most Meruem played against 1 master player (I believe he was playing against 'the best'). This would be easier, though no small feat, than playing against multiple master players at once.

I think I'm going to give it to Lex Luthor, 6 - 7 times out of 10. Though, as they play, and Meruem gets better (figures out how Lex thinks), I think it could even out more and more, though whether or not Meruem would be able to gain the advantage and beat him more often than not is questionable.

Shrug.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,007 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Even if Lex wins at first, the more games they play the more likely Meruem will overcome him

Don't forget that Luthor is one of the smartest men in the DC universe, so he can change his game strategy

and confuse Meruem.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,007 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Alpha_Watcher_3000: No doubt he is intelligent, but Meruem was only ever beat by someone who's entire life's purpose was dedicated to a game to the point where they'd die if they ever lost. Their entire existence hinged on winning and their nen ability changed strategy when needed, even though Meruem never won against her his play style was increasing at a rate that forced her to evolve mid match. I highly doubt the Lex can change his strategy at the same rate a Komugi, that said Meruem still probably loses the first few matches. (I know that they're different games but the fact remains)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel