Master Roshi vs Yusuke

Topic started by hiei_hyabusha on Jan. 11, 2011. Last post by phantomrant 1 year, 10 months ago.
Post by MisterShin (2,125 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Hirako_Fan:  DB Databook states that Roshi use internal electricity aka bio-electricity and amplifies it to create an intense electric shock. 
The attack paralyzes & can kill opponent.

There you have it, the attack comes from natural source and is amplified :-)
Post by hiei_hyabusha (869 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@hitsusatsu11: 
Bankikuriku sho vis still weaker then suzakus lighting based attacks and you calling suzaku lame proves and fodder proves what?  all you have to prove your points is failed dbz powerscaling roshi fought even with krillen does not means he got stronger then tao  freeza fought even with ssj goku and there powerlevels are 30 million apart where theres is a mere 67 so your just speculating since the official powerlevels and various events in the manga contradict what your saying. Yusuke can destroy that with his bare hands goku a much more durable charcter then roshi was getting the crap beat out of him by piccolo so are you saying piccolo is capable of this a well? 

He cant even hit harder then dark torunament Hiei but the punch still hurt goku whos is way more durable the roshi

if dbz characters where as strong as you claim vegeta would have killed him with that kick

yusuke has the power to turn this guy into a bloodstain

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@hiei_hyabusha: Piccollo Daimao is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yusuke 

Wipes out a town effortlessly 

Destroys Kings Castle 

To get a better sense of scale, this is what the explosion looked like animated 

The blast easily dwarfs an entire mountain range 

Piccolo at this point already has more ki than necessary to destroy a moon, here he states he can destroy the world-and in fact later he explains that every year he will destroy 1/43 of the world for fun.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@hiei_hyabusha said:

if dbz characters where as strong as you claim vegeta would have killed him with that kick

This is a pretty weak argument. 
Yajirbe has a power level of near 1000 there, and Vegeta is badly injured. 
The guy who Yusuke turned into a "bloodstain" is weak sauce to any DB character.  

Since you thought Yusuke (with Ichi's help) could contend with kaioken Goku,  I think you may over estimate YHS characters.
Post by Hirako_Fan (1,043 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@MisterShin: yet i doenst prove  its natural lighing(like the ones in a lighing storm) in any way only that he can make electricity(Like in avatar its done the same way and doesnt travel at the speed of natural lighning) to shock them.
@Hirako_Fan said:
" @MisterShin: yet i doenst prove  its natural lighing(like the ones in a lighing storm) in any way only that he can make electricity(Like in avatar its done the same way and doesnt travel at the speed of natural lighning) to shock them. "
Do u know what lightning is?
Lightning is exactly the same as electricity, the only true difference is lightning is accompanied by Thunder.  Without Thunder, lightning is just powerful electricity.

the electricity we hold in our bodies is very small and weak, we can charge it into static electricity and give a small shock to somebody.
Master Roshi uses his Ki to amplify his bodies electricity to a level which can kill humans and weak saiyans.

Also it does prove that it is Natural Electricity and not magical or the like.
Why would it not be lightning speed?
Post by Kurohige (3,726 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@MisterShin:  Well he did use ki with only the properties of lightning. But still it is likely Lightning speed, but then that defeats his supposed light-speed feat.

Anyway as for Kid Goku being light speed I doubt it (Just found this) we see that he could have easily gotten Roshi's sunglasses before tien activated the move: 
He would have had time right here, he saw it coming.

We didnt even see where goku was, he couldve just as easily turned his back before tein started the move so he could go after the shades as defense. when trying to prove a characters reaction speed, it helps if said character is in the scan.
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @hiei_hyabusha said:

This is a pretty weak argument. Yajirbe has a power level of near 1000 there, and Vegeta is badly injured. The guy who Yusuke turned into a "bloodstain" is weak sauce to any DB character.   Since you thought Yusuke (with Ichi's help) could contend with kaioken Goku,  I think you may over estimate YHS characters. "
Yajirobe despite his power level was not any stronger than shown from Dragonball, despite Vegeta being weakened we saw the same results from weaker kid Goku who was evne weaker yet he had enough power to punch a hole through Piccolo, yet a stronger Vegeta could not kill Yajirobe, and I doubt Vegeta was weakened to the point that his power level was lower than Kid Goku, sure Yajirobe's sword cut him but if was more or less a flesh wound, we saw earlier Yajirobe cut Oozaru Vegeta's tail off (With no ki around his blade) yet with the same power was unable to cut a weaker vegeta in half. So power levels seem a pretty useless part of DBZ, the daizenshuu and Akira Toriyama's words are strongly contradicted due to feats actualy shown.

@MisterShin: wich is the type of Lighning im refering otherwise is not lighning speed since as you say its acompained by thunder(a Lighning bolt) and roshis tech has not shown that traveling speed maybe the power but not the speed

he amplifies the power to paralize them not to kill while it has not shown to kill anyone on Gokus or Krillins nvl im sure that most saiyans would survive the tech with no problems except for the paralisys.
@hitsusatsu11: so what? picolo daimao is even more powerfull than roshi why bring him? cause you know that roshi gets stomped?
and you dont see to understand that destructive is not all in a fight since its all you bring.

@Kurohige: im sure that even Vizard ichigo could have done the same has you said he saw it coming it and none DBZ Char has shown lightspeed movement by feats
Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11
i don't understand why this is still being debated, one destroys a moon the other destroys a mountain...
Post by Dream (7,681 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@SSJjanemba:  Because the one who can fire the moon-buster requires quite a bit of prep time for the blast to fully charge and it exhausts much of his ki reserves. Meanwhile, Yusuke by the end of Yu Yu Hakusho is capable of casually busting up mountains without exerting much effort.
Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Dream:
what? roshi busted the moon and still had energy left over meaning he could destroy another moon
Post by hiei_hyabusha (869 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@hitsusatsu11: 
 since when did physical attacks equal energy attacks piccolo is a city buster with energy attacks but physically he wouldnt knock a building down so all your piccolo scans are pointless considering that and the fact he's stronger then roshi  yusuke on the other hands destroys mountains as an effect of throwing punches and causes cyclones. how is that a weak argument Vegeta still had enough energy to take on oozaru gohan and would have won if he didnt fall on him that and as kurigoh already stated kid goku was weaked but he put a hole threw piccolo stomach with ease. when did i ever say goku would lose that battle? 
Post by Dream (7,681 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@SSJjanemba:  Only for hand-to-hand combat. He couldn't fire another blast after using the attack.
@Hirako_Fan said:

" @MisterShin: wich is the type of Lighning im refering otherwise is not lighning speed since as you say its acompained by thunder(a Lighning bolt) and roshis tech has not shown that traveling speed maybe the power but not the speed 
he amplifies the power to paralize them not to kill while it has not shown to kill anyone on Gokus or Krillins nvl im sure that most saiyans would survive the tech with no problems except for the paralisys. "

Lightning Speed is infact slow in comparison to other forms of electricity, i would have you know.
E.g. Electricity in a cable exceeds half the speed of light @ approx 200,000,000 m/s.  This is the most known/common speed of electricity
E.g. Electricity in vacuum of space = speed of light = approx 300,000,000 m/s.  
E.g. Lightning Speed, is 140,000 mph = 220,000 km/h = 61,111 m/s . According to Wikipedia. Although Lightning Speed constantly changes depending on the Atmosphere.
The reason lightning is slow than electricity in a cable is because of particles in the atmosphere slowing it down.

Roshi's attack was accompanied with Thunder. I dont understand why you dont believe that it is lightning speed.
@MisterShin: no its not acompained by thunder or can you proved it with scans? its ki enchaced electrical energy(like azulas lighning) by no means has not the same propeties has a lighning bolt

cause it has not shown said traveling speed feat wise

has much has i want to belive its lighning speed is hard going by feats so youll have to prove it
Post by soldier (495 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Kurohige said:
"@MisterShin:  Well he did use ki with only the properties of lightning. But still it is likely Lightning speed, but then that defeats his supposed light-speed feat.

Anyway as for Kid Goku being light speed I doubt it (Just found this) we see that he could have easily gotten Roshi's sunglasses before tien activated the move: 

We didnt even see where goku was, he couldve just as easily turned his back before tein started the move so he could go after the shades as defense. when trying to prove a characters reaction speed, it helps if said character is in the scan.
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @hiei_hyabusha said:

This is a pretty weak argument. Yajirbe has a power level of near 1000 there, and Vegeta is badly injured. The guy who Yusuke turned into a "bloodstain" is weak sauce to any DB character.   Since you thought Yusuke (with Ichi's help) could contend with kaioken Goku,  I think you may over estimate YHS characters. "
Yajirobe despite his power level was not any stronger than shown from Dragonball, despite Vegeta being weakened we saw the same results from weaker kid Goku who was evne weaker yet he had enough power to punch a hole through Piccolo, yet a stronger Vegeta could not kill Yajirobe, and I doubt Vegeta was weakened to the point that his power level was lower than Kid Goku, sure Yajirobe's sword cut him but if was more or less a flesh wound, we saw earlier Yajirobe cut Oozaru Vegeta's tail off (With no ki around his blade) yet with the same power was unable to cut a weaker vegeta in half. So power levels seem a pretty useless part of DBZ, the daizenshuu and Akira Toriyama's words are strongly contradicted due to feats actualy shown.

"

The last part is inaccurate, consider both gohan vs cell (lost power), goku vs cell (he gives up), goku vs kid buu (his punches had no effect after a while). The fact is that as powerlevel falls so does strength speed and everything else. The fact is that Vegeta became so weak that gohan and krillin became a threat (even Nappa was soloing the z-fighters), Vegeta 1 shotted Nappa. 

As for your first claim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W28AGL9r848&feature=related 

The anime clears it up at the beginning. You were right they were not faster than light yet. Goku was able to sense where Roshi was and take the glasses. 

but based on other speed feats it is clear that Roshi wins this.

The sound effect of Thunder in scan. Meaning that it breaks sound barrier, therefore surpassing the speed of sound.
It is traveling at the same speed as lightning because it is traveling through the same conductors & insulators as lightning.
Post by Kurohige (3,726 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@soldier: Well the fact that Krillin who still if much stronger than Yajirobe could not kill vegeta until the end when he got Yajirobe's sword, we saw the guy cut off Oozaru vegeta's tail yet when weaker Vegeta was not cut in half by Yajirobe's  sword, he only received a flesh wound. Vegeta  still should have killed Yajirobe, the guy was hurt be sheer shockwaves in the battle with Vegeta and Goku, I jsut don't think yajirobe's power level is consistant enough to say he is moon busitng or should be able to hurt Vegeta.. I was never debating if Yusuke wins or not, only trying to show that no one in dragonball was the speed of light. As for the video we see Goku had to shield himself, so he was caught by it, he only covered his eyes and then put on the glasses, but still no light speed. But thanks for correcting me on my post, you are very knowledgeable.
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@Kurohige said:

" @soldier: Well the fact that Krillin who still if much stronger than Yajirobe could not kill vegeta until the end when he got Yajirobe's sword, we saw the guy cut off Oozaru vegeta's tail yet when weaker Vegeta was not cut in half by Yajirobe's  sword, he only received a flesh wound. Vegeta  still should have killed Yajirobe, the guy was hurt be sheer shockwaves in the battle with Vegeta and Goku, I jsut don't think yajirobe's power level is consistant enough to say he is moon busitng or should be able to hurt Vegeta.. I was never debating if Yusuke wins or not, only trying to show that no one in dragonball was the speed of light. As for the video we see Goku had to shield himself, so he was caught by it, he only covered his eyes and then put on the glasses, but still no light speed. But thanks for correcting me on my post, you are very knowledgeable.
"

Krillin is only few times stronger then Yajirobe.
Tail is their weak spot, so it would be no surprise if it is less durable then the rest of the body . Sure they have trained it not to faint when someone grabs  their tail but that doesn't mean it became as strong as the rest of the body.
Also their suits are not easy to penetrate. 
I don't understand why should half dead Vegeta be able to kill someone as powerful as Yajirobe with 2 punches?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel