Master Roshi vs Yamamoto

Topic started by Obito on Feb. 19, 2013. Last post by eddz99 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by Obito (578 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Battle of the Old Timers. 

The fight takes place  in West City.  
Both are in character. No prep.  
Standard winning conditions. 
No prep.  
Who wins?

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,690 posts) See mini bio Level 12

The moon buster wins

Post by eddz99 (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@ImDictatorBowDown said:

The moon buster pwns

Post by DBZ_universe (15,510 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Online Now

Well we also have to take account that Roshi will need a bit of time to release moon busting blast.

Tho I still see him winning here, he can put Yamamoto to sleep.

Post by waybig1010101 (2,640 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

if yamamoto uses his bankai but even then i doubt he could win

Post by othus12 (6,391 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

yamma wins, ryujin jakka would pwn roshi before he can do a kamehameha

Post by Dream (7,263 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

Would actually be willing to say Yamamoto would win here. Roshi's strongest Kamehameha attacks require quite a bit of prep time and I highly doubt he can pull one off against Yamamoto in this match. While both are about on par in speed, Yamamoto's ability to fly will give him a major advantage here as he could avoid the majority of Roshi's attacks and attack him from a distance using attacks from his zankupatou. Roshi's at too much of a disadvantage here.

@Dream: How could they be par on speed? Roshi was finishing full fights under a second!

Online Now

@eddz99: I'm guessing you're using the gag scene from Roshi and Krillin's match in the Budokai for your evidence, correct? High tiers in Bleach are capable of Mach 10+ movement, so Yamamoto should be capable of keeping up with Roshi.

Post by jnw93 (125 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Max Power Form; then Roshi wins

normal form; Capt. Yama wins

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Roshi gets a really bad tan.

Post by phantomrant (1,302 posts) See mini bio Level 10

1. Yamamoto punches Roshi

2. Yamamoto melts his skin and flesh off in Shikai

3. Yamamoto unleashes his Bankai and Roshi gets really, really dry.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Hmm it depends on who hits. Roshi being faster should take him down but if yama manages to survive a hit and realizes the power difference he will go bankai->flash step-> 1 hit incineration

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,840 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Roshi is going to die because Yama isn't going to wait for him to charge his moon buster.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,510 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Online Now

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Roshi is going to die because Yama isn't going to wait for him to charge his moon buster.

Yup, but we also have Roshi's Psychic powers, he could put Yamamoto to sleep and then release moon busting!

Post by taichokage (12,693 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Roshi's got the raw power but Yamaji is well suited for him and should win. Kamehameha takes time and in the mean time all Yamaji has to do is get close to Roshi. In shikai he burns him to ashes and in bankai into nothing. Didn't think the HST could already have people that could face mid/upper tier Dragonball characters. Just goes to show that raw power isnt everything and hax is, well, hax.

I don't get how Roshi is going to be burned to ashes with a temperature no more than 1m degrees, even if it has the potential to burn him, fire cannot catch up with Roshi.

Post by taichokage (12,693 posts) See mini bio Level 20
It's 15,000,000 C. 27,000,000 F. Not 1 million. And Ryujin Jakka has been shown to span up to most of a city and zanka no Tachi is invisible unless Yamamoto allows it to be seen. Roshi dodging either continously is unlikely, nor is Yamamoto slow himself.

@taichokage: Roshi is a master martial artist and has ki, i am sure he can sense it even if it is invisible, and it is undoubtedly that Roshi is indeed faster than Yamamoto..

Also, it's impossible to be 15m C, if such a thing existed on the planet, the world would be destroyed in minutes. He also stated that it wasn't 15m C ( i read it in another debate i forgot what, i think it was your debate against yusuke52? )

Online Now

It's 15,000,000 C. 27,000,000 F.

Only thing I agree with from eddz99 is that the claims of the temperature for Yamamoto's fire attacks sound like hyperbole considering such temps could vaporize an entire planet instantly if Yamamoto were indeed capable of using them. But otherwise, the temperatures emitted from the sword should still be enough to cause Roshi to get incinerated instantly.

Roshi is indeed faster than Yamamoto..

Roshi at his strongest is only capable of Mach 10+ movement meaning Yamamoto shouldn't have any problem keeping up with him. Characters in DB are nowhere as ridiculously fast as they would be in DBZ (fastest being about Mach 30 by stronger characters like Goku and Piccolo), especially when Roshi becomes ridiculously dwarfed by all the fighters he had trained. Not to mention Roshi lacks the ability to fly which Yamamoto could milk enough to spam attacks at Roshi from a distance.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel