Majin-Buu's magical beam versus Silver Surfer's transmutation

Topic started by knightmare on May 11, 2010. Last post by Black_Rose 4 years, 4 months ago.
Post by knightmare (114 posts) See mini bio Level 2
 1.) Majin Buu's unique ability to change objects and living beings around him into inanimate objects such as sweets and milk. Though he usually turns them into foods, Majin Buu has transformed a population into clay for his house on one occasion during the Majin Buu Saga, and Super Buu once transformed a rock into a toilet. Majin Buu used this technique against Dabura with success and having the Demon King transformed into a cookie.

2.) The Surfer can transmute elements or create objects.

FYI:    
Evolution is the process of developing or gradual development.
Restore is to store again; as, the goods taken out were re-stored 
Resurrect is to raise from the dead or the grave; bring back to life.

Transmutation is the process of change from one thing to another, as the change from base metal to gold.

This battle is based on their showings in the manga or comics and not on writings.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Welcome to the site. Silver surfer's transmutation rapes Buu up the bum hole. majin buu Can make candy. SS can make anything. See the difference? XD.
@rein said:

" Welcome to the site. Silver surfer's transmutation rapes Buu up the bum hole. majin buu Can make candy. SS can make anything. See the difference? XD. "

Buu can also make anything and on a larger scale,  though he usually only turns them into foods.
@knightmare: When was it stated or shown that buu Can Do things other then candy/snacks
@rein said:

" @knightmare: When was it stated or shown that buu Can Do things other then candy/snacks "

Majin Buu has transformed a small population into clay for his house on one occasion during the Majin Buu Saga, and Super Buu once transformed a rock into a toilet. It only depends on his liking, I doubt Silver Surfer could transmute atleast 10 persons, what more a population.
@knightmare: SS has restored life to Dead planets before Through his transmutation.
@rein said:

" @knightmare: SS has restored life to Dead planets before Through his transmutation. "

Transmutation is the process of change from one thing to another, as the change from base metal to gold. 

Basically, restoring the planet is not a transmutation because it's still a planet, though from dead to life making it resurrection and not transmutation.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Lol, why is this still going on in different forms over and over again. 
I say Buu's is superior, he is made of pure magic and has turned entire populations to candy easily.   
But janemba's is even more superior. 
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11
surfer wins
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I see no difference, they both can transmute anything into anything. Buu was turning people into candies , cookies, eggs  ect..
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Also buu used magic to change who goku drew in the Budokai. 
The difference is Silver Surfer can transmute one at a time and on a weaker opponent only while Buu can transmute on a larger scale and anyone regardless of their power. 
Some people here often making mistakes on evolution, resurrection of planets into transmutation. Silver Surfer can evolve and resurrect a dead planet using his power cosmic but he can't transmute an entire planet into new element or another inanimate objects. Silver Surfer uses his power cosmic to evolve, resurrect, transmute, heal etc., in other words it's entirely different. This isn't  Majin-Buu's magical beam versus Silver Surfer's power cosmic.
Post by MisterShin (2,125 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Buu Change Beam > Silver Surfer Transmute
Buu can do to many, surfer cannot.
Buu can also magic stuff from thin air, magics himself a drink in time chamber etc. 
Piccolo and kaioshin and some others can also create stuff from nothing.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

How did I miss this thread? 

Surfer easily. For one thing Buu hasn't shown anywhere NEAR the level of control over matter and has no feats to say he do it on a planetary scale, like Norrin was doing before he aged everyone into oblivion.

Surfer can make anything he wants from anything, hell he can pool the ambien energies to create things out of nohing. Him recreating his board is a example of that.  
Anyways time for a slide show. 

Buu kills a bunch people to build a house of clay? Norrin simply points his hand into the air and bamo what he desires exist. 

What carnage is causing trouble, let me trap him. :P       

What my own fault for this chaos, I'll turn his guy to stone. 

Hell show me where Buu has been able to boaste how easily he can make people's electrons pace out till they fade out of existence, boil poeple's blood and even create black holes with such ease.  

Not only has Norrin shown more absolute control over matter, he simply has done MUCH bigger more complex things with his power over it, ranging from changing the clothes off someone's back, turning himself into flesh and blood, manipulating it on a planetary scale, creating black holes with it, re arranging people's molecules to change who they essentially are to even turning matter right into energy and back forth with ease.   

There are a good chunk of feats to pull scans of for Norrin, how bout Buu? Clay? Candy? A toilet, not only is most of the time his methods are beyond wasteful of what he has to work with, he never had anywhere close to the same amount of time to show the full extent of that power. Norrin on the other over 50 years of showing off curbstomps this.    I don't see how anyone could vote for Buu over one of Marvel's top end matter manipulators with a mind numbing amount of feats with it, a lot of the time not even turning his head to look at what he does, apparently instantly.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,283 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Edward Elric and Firestorm wins 
LOL!

@Destinyheroknight said:

"Edward Elric and Firestorm wins LOL! "

Edward probably does have overall better quality feats then Buu, can't really remember Edwards high end ones though. 

Certainly more diversity atleast.
@Hellos:

Still, you haven't show us a proof that he can turn an entire population or entire planet into another element or objects. SS evolved a planet, its not transmutation because it's still a planet. It's evolution through the use of power cosmic, not transmutation.

In case you don't know what transmutation is:

Evolution is the process of developing or gradual development.
Resurrect is to raise from the dead or the grave; bring back to life.
@knightmare said:

"@Hellos:   Still, you haven't show us a proof that he can turn an entire population or entire planet into another element or objects.  
SS evolved a planet, its not transmutation because it's still a planet. In case you don't know what transmutation:  Evolution is the process of developing or gradual development. Restore is to store again; as, the goods taken out were re-stored  Resurrect is to raise from the dead or the grave; bring back to life.Transmutation is the process of change from one thing to another, as the change from base metal to gold.  "

He was effecting matter on a planetary scale, while Buu takes an entire person to make hand size treats, which is quite un impressive.  
So I really don't get where you going with this, your not that Reikaii clone are you, I really don't want the headache of backwards logic being thrown at me.
@Hellos

I'm trying to explain you gently that affecting a planet is not a transmutation because it's still a planet. If the planet becomes a star or black hole, then it's a transmutation.

dead planet = evolved planet

metal =/= gold
@knightmare said:

" @Hellos   I'm trying to explain you gently that affecting a planet is not a transmutation because it's still a planet. If the planet becomes a star or black hole, then it's a transmutation. dead planet = evolved planet metal =/= gold"

I don't see the point.  
He has shown the ability to extend his control over matter planetary scale, a few cities of anyone or anything should be relatively child's play for the character. Just him turning everyone into solid gold or entire planets to gold is a tad bit out of character, but he's already shown the ability to do things on absolutey insanely large scales.

If you talking creating singularities he can already do that on rediculously large to extremely small already. Buu hasn't shown anywhere near that level of control over matter or anywhere near that large of a scale. 

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel