Magneto Vs Father

Topic started by One_Piece_God on Sept. 10, 2012. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 12 months ago.
Post by One_Piece_God (562 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Both Are In Character

Farther Has Prep

Only Basic Knowledge Of Each Others Ability e.g Magneto Can Control Metal etc

No Speedblitz

Farther Is Able To Keep "God" Inside His Body For The Entire Fight

Battle In Amestris

20 Metres Apart

Post by sickVisionz (4,297 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I'm pretty sure Father would stomp. Magneto can control objects with magnetic elements in them. The very nature of alchemy is having elemental control over objects in your environment and Father is like a god level alchemist hopped up Philosopher Stones. I'm not sure what Magneto could even do to him considering that Father could manipulate the elemental makeup of objects and take them out of Magneto's reign of control.

Post by Dream (7,746 posts) See mini bio Level 21
With what feats Father has demonstrated in his God mode, I'm willing to wager Magneto has a very good chance of taking him out provided he keep his distance from Father, as the Master of Magnetism has no resistance to soul absorption which the Homunculus can pull off if his foes are in close enough range to him. Magneto's force fields provide him a very strong defense as they've tanked volcanic eruptions and nuclear blasts, thus I doubt Father's nuclear fusion blasts will be taking Magneto out. While Father's alchemy is seemingly God-like in its qualities for the standards of his series, the range in which he can perform it is limited compared to Magneto's entire control of a planet's electromagnetic field which could allow him to wipe out all life on Earth if he were tempted (which I doubt Father would survive) and control of the field allows him control over any energy that is part of the electromagnetic spectrum such as electricity, gamma rays, ultraviolet light and infrared radiation. This power also allows him the ability to create wormholes to transport himself and others, meaning he could use this ability on Father to win via BFR. While Father is quite the threat within FMA and a number of other popular shounen anime titles, Magneto is a far worst threat for the Dwarf in the Flask to be dealing with.  
Post by taichokage (13,650 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Father should be the winner, but why do I feel like Mags could pull off a win here? Maybe it's because over the years he has defended himself against the likes of a calm Phoenix, Thor, Captain Universe and so on. By their listed powers Father should win, but Magneto seems to find a way around foes more powerful than himself. Forgive my uncertainty in this one. I really am not sure who would win. I suppose it would be Father but again, not sure.
Post by Fehafare (9,439 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Magnet wins... God mode Father has nearly no feats.

That's not really enough of a reason to say that Magneto wins. If there are too few feats then it is an indeterminate battle. I've been thinking now and the ability to bring souls back to life and create nuclear fission casually are no small feats. As a character he is very out of place in FMA, a story where most of the important characters are not much above street level.
Post by Dream (7,746 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@taichokage: By the standards of FMA, Father would be an uber-powerful threat to his world. But I wouldn't call it too impressive in the standards of Marvel Comics characters when Mags has been shown to have dealt with far worst threats than Father, even taking a blast from Galactus during the Secret Wars.
Post by Fehafare (9,439 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@taichokage: I wouldn't call it very impressive when it comes to direct combat especially since his nuclear fission has no feats and best you can say is that it's multi-city block level which is the top of tops for FMA.

(lol MvC idiots think it has the power of a star...)

Post by SMXLR8 (7,259 posts) See mini bio Level 16

wait a min didn't people say in my post that mag can do crazy stuff? like what the hell

He can, it's just that just like Magneto, Father is far more powerful than Bison. This is a much closer battle, although I think the general consensus is that Magneto would still win.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Couldn't Magneto just BFR him by creating a wormhole?

what about the blood crontol and the other stuff he can do like droping a big rock on him

Post by FalconC2 (379 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Couldn't Magneto just BFR him by creating a wormhole?

Ayup. He could probably drop Father into deep space or something. Magneto's electro-magnetic barrier is also powerful enough to defend against attacks from the Silver Surfer and Thor IIRC. So, there's nothing Father can do to get past it.

@FalconC2: wait he can creat a wormhole???? since when and how

Yes he can. It's a newer ability of his. Magneto is much more powerful than he is depicted in movies and animations and even earlier incarnations from the comic.
Post by FalconC2 (379 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@SMXLR8 said:

@FalconC2: wait he can creat a wormhole???? since when and how

Yeah, Erik can do that.

Here's a good feat. He pulls a FTL planet busting bullet all the way to earth, and after he dragged it to earth he used a wormhole to pull Kitty Pryde out of the bullet. It's from Uncanny X-Men #521, I believe?

It shows power, great range, and Magneto's infamous swag.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Thanks for the support Falcon.
Post by phantomrant (1,387 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Comic Magneto vs a Full Power Homunculus?

magneto stomps.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I go for magness here as well... his shield will protect him from any attacks Father can pull out... or just a BFR could do the job... but if Father touches Magneto than I say Father wins because he can transmute Magneto into a chimera or something.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,192 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I don't see Mags losing here, he's faced far worse than Father and lived to tell the tale.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel