Luke Skywalker vs Goku

Topic started by peruano99A on June 17, 2012. Last post by Kelleth 2 years ago.
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

IT then Kameha meha to the face. done.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,499 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Supreme Marvel: Come on... that was just a joke... of course I know what Luke can do... if he finds a weak spot with the force, then he could kill Goku like that...

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,067 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@DBZ_universe said:

@Supreme Marvel: Come on... that was just a joke... of course I know what Luke can do... if he finds a weak spot with the force, then he could kill Goku like that...

Didn't know a Dragon Ball Z fanboy had a sense of humour. :P

@Supreme Marvel said:

@DBZ_universe said:

Ah come on!! that hurts my feelings... T-T

just joking... :D Well am not like the other "fanboys" (even tho am not) that start raging and making up stuff... maybe before but not no more... XD

@DBZ_universe said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

@DBZ_universe said:

Ah come on!! that hurts my feelings... T-T

just joking... :D Well am not like the other "fanboys" (even tho am not) that start raging and making up stuff... maybe before but not no more... XD

Yeah, really?

@DBZ_universe said:

@peruano99A said:

Luke doged a lazer.

Same with kid Goku...

Dodges laser? I say he dodges the person. I highly doubt he dodged the beam as if it were on target and then he moved. Because of the panel after. You know, the robot arm grabbing him.

:P

@Supreme Marvel: ok...?

Post by FalconC2 (349 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I got to go with Supreme Marvel on this. Luke is probably going to be able to KO Goku with telepathy before he can unleash a volley of ki blasts or close the distance between them, thanks to Luke's relativistic-to-light speed reactions.

There's also the chance that Luke can continue on existing as a force spirit, like Darth Sidious did in the Dark Empire. After all, Luke was Sidious' apprentice for a time. Not sure how likely that is, though. So, even if Goku manages to kill Luke before he can get with the mind-fu he still has no way of dealing with Luke's spirit. Luke could beat with him telepathy then, or even possess Goku. Goku himself doesn't have particularly many feats with telepathy or resisting possession, so he would be in trouble if that were to happen.

Post by Roman55 (98 posts) See mini bio Level 6

>Exploding things are lasers.

>Goku FTL.

>Bawwing about the OBD.

>Lasers aren't light speed.

@Supreme Marvel: To be more precise, we don't how how fast that beam of energy Goku dodged was. It's probably no where near as fast as an actual laser, and considering all canonical feats Goku is pretty high on the hypersonic scale at the least by the end of DBZ.

@FalconC2: My point of that was he dodged the man before the laser was fired.

Like Batman moves before Arthur Light fires his 'light beam' here...

That image of Batman is the same context as the laser beam Goku "dodges". People just want to believe Goku can do that. Especially at the age he is there, there is no way he's coming close to moving out the direction of the laser before it's fired.

Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Goku is not FTL in DB that shit is just retarded. Freiza saga is another story entirely.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,507 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I'd say that at least by Frieza saga FTL reactions were observed...

Not FTL movement for a sustained amount of time but certainly FTL reactions. Case in point when Frieza fired a death beam Piccolo observed on a flash of light yet Vegeta was able to knock Gohan out of the way of the beam. Piccolo himself was fairly powerful by that point so for him just to observe a flash points to the fact that the beam was at the very minimum FTL.

Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@ohgodwhy said:

I'd say that at least by Frieza saga FTL reactions were observed...

Not FTL movement for a sustained amount of time but certainly FTL reactions. Case in point when Frieza fired a death beam Piccolo observed on a flash of light yet Vegeta was able to knock Gohan out of the way of the beam. Piccolo himself was fairly powerful by that point so for him just to observe a flash points to the fact that the beam was at the very minimum FTL.

SSJ Goku and Freiza (100%) has FTL Movement. Everyone else werer masively hypersonic

@ohgodwhy: The quote, "I just saw a little flash of light," doesn't automatically make it light-speed unless the attack is expletively stated or shown to be light-speed. Piccolo saw a flash of light, and ki gives off light, that's probably what he was referring to. It's either that, or a miss-translation. The attack was just too fast for Piccolo to see and that's all it really tells us.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,143 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@FalconC2: Prove that Luke is capable of lightspeed reactions. Honestly I wouldn't have expected this from you.

This thread is a mismatch and should have been locked ages ago.

And just to give you food for thought, remember when Piccolo blew up the moon? He fired an attack that reached it in a couple of seconds, and that was at the start of DBZ. Luke fights sith lords who can terrorize planets and dodges blaster bolts and laser blasts (not FTL at all), Goku and co take out planet-busters on a weekly basis.

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@FalconC2: Prove that Luke is capable of lightspeed reactions. Honestly I wouldn't have expected this from you.

This thread is a mismatch and should have been locked ages ago.

And just to give you food for thought, remember when Piccolo blew up the moon? He fired an attack that reached it in a couple of seconds, and that was at the start of DBZ. Luke fights sith lords who can terrorize planets and dodges blaster bolts and laser blasts (not FTL at all), Goku and co take out planet-busters on a weekly basis.

True, how fast was that though? I mean, I know it would take light around 1.3 seconds to reach the moon from earth IIRC. In the manga, how long did Piccolo's beam take to reach the moon exactly? As far I know, it has no official time frame.

I'm just going by the feats provided by Supreme Marvel, if Luke can react to things moving at relativistic speed and stuff, that combined with his powerful telepathy would give him a good shot at KO-ing Goku. I don't think Goku's fast enough to stop him from doing that.

Post by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (82 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Stompity stomp stomp in Goku's favor. To fast, to strong, and to durable.

Post by wkar (170 posts) See mini bio Level 10

goku wins due to teleportation

teleports behind Luke and he smashes his head like a watermelon

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,143 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Stompity stomp stomp in Goku's favor. To fast, to strong, and to durable.

This, though Luke is powerful.

@wkar said:

goku wins due to teleportation

teleports behind Luke and he smashes his head like a watermelon

I could certainly see it happening, Goku would probably do it accidentally. After all, even with all his force powers, Luke still has human durability.

@FalconC2: Telepathy may be worthless against an enemy so much stronger and faster. Hard to judge in the manga, but it just shows Piccolo firing the blast and then the moon is gone in the next panel. In the anime it takes place in the space of a second or two. I would have estimated that it was close to light speed, especially considering that Roshi's kamehameha reached the moon in a few seconds as well.

If somebody can prove otherwise with examples, I am pretty certain that Luke has only ever tracked an object moving at the speed of light when he has become fully immersed in the force, something that takes a while to do. Even if he could track them, he has never demonstrated the actual movement speed to deal with them.

Goku stomps, DBZ characters are simply too much for star wars characters. Might have been a better fight using HST or Dragonball characters instead.

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Star Wars fanboy and going with Goku, Luke was fairly weak in the standards of raw jedi power, he had good intuition, but his force powers were fairly low aside that.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel