Luke Skywalker vs Goku

Topic started by peruano99A on June 17, 2012. Last post by Kelleth 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by peruano99A (492 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Luke from the expanded Universe of Star Wars.

Luke can mind fuck trillions of people.

He has lightspeed reactions, etc.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

.....Really?

Post by TheVectorPrime (269 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Destinyheroknight said:

.....Really?

Well OBD puts him at that level. I have pleanty of Star Wars comics and to be honest I haven't seen lightspeed so far. Anyway Jedi and Sith from Expaned Universe are >>>>>>>>>> movie versions in terms of power. Going by OBD Luke should win, but I doubt that info is correct. Since year ago Luke had hypersonic speed and now he has lightspeed reactions. I'm not in Star Wars EU 3 years, but I highly doubt that he could get so powerful. Anyway I'll lay low for now.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

@TheVectorPrime:

Sigh, why people can't have there own thoughts, instead of using OBD.

Post by CerberusPrime3k (299 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@Destinyheroknight: I think Luke used to the force to track or sense a ship going lightspeed or something like that in either one of the books or comics.

Post by TheVectorPrime (269 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@CerberusPrime3k said:

@Destinyheroknight: I think Luke used to the force to track or sense a ship going lightspeed or something like that in either one of the books or comics.

And that for sure doesn't prove that he has lightspeed reaction and represent a good example of "feat being missinterpreted on purpose" . Given the above statement I don't see Luke winning. He lacks durability and strength to be on par with Goku. Although with his other abilities he can be decent opponent. In Expananed Universe (novels and comics) characters are insanely more powerful. For example in novel for 3rd movie Windu vs Palpatine duel was described by Anakin as 2 blurs. And he himseld could appear as blur to regular humans/humanoids.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,758 posts) See mini bio Level 11

In the EU, Luke Skywalker is a powerful Jedi and all, but regarding the whole "can mind f**k millions of people" he's a GOOD guy, he wouldn't use it. Even if Goku is dumb enough to fall for it. Goku can blow up planets with simple ki attacks... I like Luke better honestly, but Goku would win

Post by Iju (98 posts) See mini bio Level 7

goku....so first there's magneto, NOW poor ol' luke? why do you insist overkill for these characters?

@Iju:

Its been stated as Draw between Vegeta and Mag but not so much about Luke

@CerberusPrime3k said:

@Iju:

lol about luke, but its impossible to make a draw at a Sayain that can go SSJ2 against just a superhuman....

Luke doged a lazer.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@peruano99A said:

Luke doged a lazer.

Same with kid Goku...

I am pretty sure:A laser will travel at the speed of light at around 2.98 x 10 ms

@Iju said:

@CerberusPrime3k said:

@Iju:

lol about luke, but its impossible to make a draw at a Sayain that can go SSJ2 against just a superhuman....

Then you must not know how powerful Magneto is.

@CerberusPrime3k said:

@Iju said:

@CerberusPrime3k said:

@Iju:

Then you must not know how powerful Magneto is.

i would like to talk about this more, but since this is not about them in this topic, ill say it quick.

"FINAL FLASH!"

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@TheVectorPrime: Would people please GTFO with the OBD and actually consider what's been shown.

@peruano99A: If you genuinely think the lasers from star wars travel at light speed you're a fool.

Anyone who thinks that Luke wins here is mentally impaired, if people could stop making such stupid fights the world would be a better place. DBZ>>>Star Wars, get it through your thick skulls now.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Anyone from DBZ can momentarily move many times the speed of light, this has already been shown in many other scans. However because speed is relative in the manga it's usually quite hard to see this because as power levels go up so does speed. (The scan I'm referring to is the one where Vegeta dodged Frieza's death beam but everyone else only saw a flash, and by that point even Krillen was far more powerful than Raditz.)

DBZ wins. Luke's only hope seems to be mind fuck, but Goku's far too fast. As soon as the fight starts Goku would probably punch him through several buildings, then apologise because he overdid it.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,947 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I agree Goku stomps, he's far too fast and strong for Luke to even think to handle.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@GIRUGAMESH said:

Would people please GTFO with the OBD and actually consider what's been shown.

This^^

Post by ReiKai (3,515 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Red Ribbon Army: Not a laser, more of heat beam (not remotely as fast). Also Dragon Ball is an ambiguous source as there was a lot of Toonforcing in that part of the series which was cut out from the series towards the end as the characters aged.

Anyway, Luke didn't laser dodge. No one in SW can dodge a laser. No one in SW is even remotely close to lightspeed. At the most he's super-sonic and I've seen this absurd matchup before.

Can Luke do crazy cosmic-level shenanigans? Yes, when he's Fully immersed in the Force and focusing on performing a single task. Yet aside from this, his Base Form itself is still a weak, fleshy Meatbag. A Bullet can kill him, because he's still Physically Human.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel