Luffy vs Toriko

Topic started by Jinbeifan1 on March 31, 2011. Last post by All_StarSupes 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,220 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@taichokage: thats probably why they made such a good crossover lol
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Jinbeifan1:
Actually bleaches popularity has risen again(although that may just be on the site that im using). Believe me, I want one piece to take first place, i really do, but realisticly thats not gonna happen
Post by taichokage (12,639 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Haofan123: But probably only in America and some other countries. In Japan OP will probably be #1. Overall I don't know but I might still bet on One Piece.
@Haofan123: i dont know dude, site or person ive looked almost everywhere and everyone is loosing interest, OP is starting to take the lead now, its become a closer reality than you think, have hope!!!! lol
@Jinbeifan1:
@taichokage: 

I hope you guys are right. One piece is my 3rd favorite manga of all time(behind FMA and shamn king) and I really want to see it triumph over its rivals. Also, I really cant stand any more of Kubos horrible writing lol
@Haofan123: i know kubo needs to really work on it or bleach will fall farther than we think
@taichokage: actually in Japan, One Piece has always been at the top of the HST, its been like that for a while, its in other countries that OP is not the top but still in second or third 

@Jinbeifan1:
But as long as there are bleachtards there will always be bleach. Thats the only reson it hasnt fallen from grace yet
@Haofan123: All in all I would like to see OP at the top as well. Oda deserves it. 

@Haofan123:  Indeed, but I do think that Kubo needs to stop with the garbage quality work and get on with an arc with a decent plot and a no longer powerless Ichigo.
@Haofan123: true true even DBGT was still loved by DBZ tards even though it was super retarded, his sons truly ruined there fathers image lol
@taichokage:
He really does deserve it. Hes been at it longer than both naruto and bleach and has succeeded where they have failed. However, hes still not top dog. 
And yes, Kubo does need to stop this powerless ichigo buisness.  I mean, if the guy isnt stupidly overpowered he's incredibly weak. I mean, what gives?

Anyway, getting back on topic, Luffy would win in a fight because of his speed. Toriko is fast but his speed feats cant compare to Luffy who is easily hypersonic. However, that doesnt mean toriko cant hurt Luffy. While Toriko relies largly on brute force in combat attacks such as his fork and knife are more than capable of stabbing and cutting Luffy if they made contact. In an eating contest however, Toriko would be victorious. He once ate enough food to feed 500 people in one sitting and claimed that he was only 1/10 full afterwards. So in short, Luffy:1 Toriko:1
Post by othus12 (6,321 posts) See mini bio Level 12

bump

@Haofan123: i wouldnt be so sure about that, toriko has tagged monsters that dodged lightbeams with ease(yeah luffy-like), and can grab bullets with his hands, he even caught bullet acorn which was machine-gun like fire

so he is better than a bullet timer and has better endurance, and he can keep up well with hypersonic attacks. luffy wont blitz him anytime soon

the result:

@othus12: i believe this thread was made long before toriko had any of his current feats hence the reason i was rooting for luffy

@Haofan123: what do you think now?

Same here. At the time, I felt that the top 3 Strawhats could have beaten him. Now I am inclined to say that none of them could do so.

@othus12: toriko easy. Luffy cant scratch him whereas toriko would just punch a hole through him or cut him into with his knives

@othus12: your right, he can beat luffy. but for some reason, i feel like when characters become uber powerful after a short time, people tend to lose interest in the story. not that im saying that about toriko, but animes similar to it have fallen from grace after a power up. i like how oda takes his time with the power ups heck we didnt see gears until CP9 and that was far down the road for OP lol

Haki came even later. But Oda does take his time and it is far more believable. The other two of the big 3 move way too fast. In episode 1 Naruto went from not knowing how to make a clone to being the foremost master in the jutsu and Ichigo had an unusually large and powerful zanpakutou the moment he gained his powers. They both respectively have long surpassed their main antagonist groups (akatsuki except Tobi for Naruto, and all the Espada for Ichigo). Luffy is still outmatched by half the shichibukai, despite the fact that they have been around the longest out of the 3 groups. But Toriko seems to be outdoing both of them. Not that it's a bad thing. I'm still waiting for a mainstream shonen that at least comes close to DBZ power. Toriko might be the best hope.
Post by CallmeBrent (98 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Precognition still gives Luffy the edge. Big Time. Luffy wins.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel