Luffy vs Naruto

Topic started by brent1999 on April 19, 2011. Last post by EganTheVile1 3 years, 6 months ago.
Post by SSJjanemba (2,277 posts) See mini bio Level 11

naruto wins without much effort
Post by acarter (717 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@brent1999: @brent1999 said:
" i say naruto coz watch this

haki vs fox
devil fruit vs sage mode
jutsus vs nothing
plus he controlled the kyuubi now.. but still  i want them to have a tie... i really like naruto same for luffy.
ya know dat feeling
"
this is sooo stupid
firstly luffy uses haki to control giant out of control animals/monsters all the time and that kraken monster i say is at least 2/3 times the size of the kyuubi before minato used that kinjutsu.
secondly sage mode makes him have super strength i guess(leaving out all the other abilities of sage mode because luffy's not going to run away so naruto dont need to use that chakra sense thing)
luffy is rubber naruto's hits not gonna hurt & there is no way naruto is gonna hit luffy with a kunai loooooooooooooool
thirdly jutsu vs nothing EXACTLYYYYYY (jutsu=technique) luffy has alot more attacks than naruto
i like them both 2 but naruto can not beat post time skip luffy
mainly because of HAKI
naruto is not weak so kings disposition will not work
but naruto wont survive 1 jet gatling let alone 1 JET GATLING WITH HAKI
lastly luffy has ken......haki predict naruto's movements
STOP PARING UP ONE PIECE & NARUTO CHARACTERS IT IS UNFAIR ON NARUTO :(
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@ssjjanemba you havent watched one piece have you? I advise you to do so before making assumptions

Post by Dream (7,906 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
Moderator
As he is now from what I've heard and read up on him, Luffy shouldn't have much trouble dispatching Naruto due to greater physical attributes and milking use of Haki.
Post by acarter (717 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@hitsusatsu11:  i cant be asked to comment on all you said but luffy amazing strength comes from his granpa training. his devil fruit makes him not get recoil like normal people would. his Gear 2 makes him use a technique that makes him move at super speed. Gear 3rd technique directly affects his strength & speed by making one greater and one weaker.
you clear now pre and post time skip luffy will win.
let me put it in naruto terms
NARUTO+KYUUBI= VERY POWERFUL CHAKRA(naruto's has great chakra without the kyuubi by the way)
LUFFY=VERY VERY POWERFUL CHAKRA(luffys endurance is unmatched in top 3 manga)
Post by TheManipulater (725 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Current naruto would win for various reasons
Post by inFinite (12 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@Dream said:
" As he is now from what I've heard and read up on him, Luffy shouldn't have much trouble dispatching Naruto due to greater physical attributes and milking use of Haki. "
Naruto has greater physical strength and intellect (usage of shadow clones, mastery of rasengan, has the ability to sense chakra from massive distances, etc).
Luffy has greater physical endurance as well as way higher speed (gear 2 just makes it worse for Naruto)

Haki is shit just like casual Genjutsu, both only works on fodder. Naruto's going to have to stay in Sage Mode to beat Luffy, but even then he will have to slow Luffy down and repeadetly strike him with his strongest attacks since thats Naruto's only hope. Luffy lacks technique against Naruto but surpasses him in speed/durability.

50/50 for me. Naruto can beat him with repated Rasenshurikens while being trapped by toad summonings, yet Luffy can beat Naruto with a combo of pure speed/durability.
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
It could easily go either way. At present time in their respective stories they're pretty much evenly matched. I'm ultimately gonna give it to Naruto because he has attacks like Rasenshuriken and the Tailed Beast Bomb. And yes, i realize that the Bomb hasn't been mastered yet, but considering how Naruto is shonen, it wouldn't be out of place to see him master that attack in the middle of an epic fight like this.
Post by Dream (7,906 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
Moderator

Haki is shit just like casual Genjutsu


You're thinking of Haoshoku Haki that incapacitates foes with weak willpower which wouldn't work on Naruto. There are two other variations of Haki that would make Luffy enough of a menace to Naruto: Busoshoku Haki (creates an invisible armor that protects against harmful attacks and can be used offensively to augment attacks that can dent even those with Devil Fruit powers) and Kenbunshoku Haki (senses the presence of others in vicinity and grants a form of precog similar to the Ultimate Eye). How is Naruto gonna be able to overcome a foe that knows any attack he is about to be attacked with and can protect against any potentially fatal attack with an invisible armor?

Naruto can beat him with repated Rasenshurikens while being trapped by toad summonings



Two issues with that:
1. Naruto can't spam Rasenshurikens as he is limited to two per each time he is in Sage Mode. On top of that, Kenbunshoku Haki and his far greater speed would allow Luffy to anticipate and evade the attack.
2. Luffy's used to dealing with giant foes which he can dispatch with Gear Third powered attacks. Several giant toads aren't gonna do much to stop him.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Dream said:
"

Haki is shit just like casual Genjutsu


You're thinking of Haoshoku Haki that incapacitates foes with weak willpower which wouldn't work on Naruto. There are two other variations of Haki that would make Luffy enough of a menace to Naruto: Busoshoku Haki (creates an invisible armor that protects against harmful attacks and can be used offensively to augment attacks that can dent even those with Devil Fruit powers) and Kenbunshoku Haki (senses the presence of others in vicinity and grants a form of precog similar to the Ultimate Eye). How is Naruto gonna be able to overcome a foe that knows any attack he is about to be attacked with and can protect against any potentially fatal attack with an invisible armor?

Naruto can beat him with repated Rasenshurikens while being trapped by toad summonings

Two issues with that:1. Naruto can't spam Rasenshurikens as he is limited to two per each time he is in Sage Mode. On top of that, Kenbunshoku Haki and his far greater speed would allow Luffy to anticipate and evade the attack.2. Luffy's used to dealing with giant foes which he can dispatch with Gear Third powered attacks. Several giant toads aren't gonna do much to stop him. "


By speed blitzing teleport punch to the face and I'm not sure what good the invisibe armor will be considering the barrier squad's super barrier that was said to be able to hold a jinchuuriki got blasted apart in a panel by Bee and Naruto using their tailed beasts for an amp.

Naruto's limit with Rasen Shuriken is likely not going to be much of an issue with the Fox's power, even then he will probably just be using the beast bomb over it anyways.

Post by Dream (7,906 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
Moderator

By speed blitzing teleport punch to the face.



Not likely if Luffy's the faster of the two in this match. Naruto characters have consistently been shown to be on the low end for speed among the HST.


even then he will probably just be using the beast bomb over it anyways.



Tailed Beast Bomb? Naruto can't use the ability since he can't transform fully into the Kyubi, thus needing to learn to do a variation of the Rasengan using the Kyubi's power. Even then, the kid would need to have the time to charge the attack and he can't milk Shadow Clones in his new Kyubi form for any kind of distraction while he charges the attack, even if he is able to find a means of mastering the attack.
Post by taichokage (14,252 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Hellos said:
" @Dream said:
"

Haki is shit just like casual Genjutsu


You're thinking of Haoshoku Haki that incapacitates foes with weak willpower which wouldn't work on Naruto. There are two other variations of Haki that would make Luffy enough of a menace to Naruto: Busoshoku Haki (creates an invisible armor that protects against harmful attacks and can be used offensively to augment attacks that can dent even those with Devil Fruit powers) and Kenbunshoku Haki (senses the presence of others in vicinity and grants a form of precog similar to the Ultimate Eye). How is Naruto gonna be able to overcome a foe that knows any attack he is about to be attacked with and can protect against any potentially fatal attack with an invisible armor?

Naruto can beat him with repated Rasenshurikens while being trapped by toad summonings

Two issues with that:1. Naruto can't spam Rasenshurikens as he is limited to two per each time he is in Sage Mode. On top of that, Kenbunshoku Haki and his far greater speed would allow Luffy to anticipate and evade the attack.2. Luffy's used to dealing with giant foes which he can dispatch with Gear Third powered attacks. Several giant toads aren't gonna do much to stop him. "


By speed blitzing teleport punch to the face and I'm not sure what good the invisibe armor will be considering the barrier squad's super barrier that was said to be able to hold a jinchuuriki got blasted apart in a panel by Bee and Naruto using their tailed beasts for an amp.

"
Luffy is faster than Naruto. Naruto chars in general are the slowest out of the HST. Besides, we don't really know what Naruto's "teleport" punch is. It was very fast but it hasn't been confirmed as being the teleportation that Minato used. If it were he could have just teleported past the barrier. Also he can't control it even if it is teleportation. Current Naruto might very well have surpassed Luffy in speed but he has no solid feats to prove this as of yet. Also Luffy has haki and can predict what Naruto will do. He has used this to casually dodge beams while calling them slow.

True Naruto's energy projection should be on a whole new level. If he beats Luffy it would be through that, not physical caliber because currently Luffy is still ahead in that department.
Post by brent1999 (165 posts) See mini bio Level 15
yeah i know but naruto kyuubi is not an animal but a demon... and by the way the rasen shuriken can damage luffy and it becomes bigger too.... plus naruto controlled his kyuubi... but i'm not saying naruto is more powerful than luffy coz luffy is very powerful too... i'm just saying that maybe naruto can win... its just an opinion but luffy can win against naruto too... just i'm saying my opinion... :]
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,337 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Luffy punch Naruto and its over
Post by brent1999 (165 posts) See mini bio Level 15
for my opinion naruto wins.... GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....  give your opinions too i would like to hear it...:]

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@taichokage said:

 

"Luffy is faster than Naruto. Naruto chars in general are the slowest out of the HST. Besides, we don't really know what Naruto's "teleport" punch is. It was very fast but it hasn't been confirmed as being the teleportation that Minato used. If it were he could have just teleported past the barrier. "    

 

I'm not sure how Luffy is faster then teleportation, I'd understand if the precog allowed him to counter attack or avoid it, but it seems to be a very fluid motion of attacking.

The whole dialogue of having Bee mention seeing nothing but a yellow flash seemed to want to imply there was a connection between it and Minato's. But honestly it is better than Minato's teleportation.

His required a dagger for use or some sort of medium similair to that, Naruto can do it with free will.

 

Teleportation through the barrier can be taken up as either a plot hole or the multilayered regenerating barrier prevents it or Naruto is too dumb as dirt to use it.

 

"Also he can't control it even if it is teleportation. "

 

Since when?

 

"Current Naruto might very well have surpassed Luffy in speed but he has no solid feats to prove this as of yet."

 

Wouldn't have a clue of that myself, both of them are fairly featless ATM. I was only responding to Dream's, how can you tag "someone with Precog" and I figured, a teleporting fist to the face should do it.

 

"Also Luffy has haki and can predict what Naruto will do."

 

I think it's a fairly safe bet Luffy will still find himself getting tagged and not being able to counter attacks despite this new Haki Precog, otherwise the One Piece fights would get a bit dull don't you think?

 

"He has used this to casually dodge beams while calling them slow."

 

Means nothing to me, unless those "beams" have an established speed it doesn't make for much of a feat.

 

"True Naruto's energy projection should be on a whole new level."

 

Depends on how Beast Bomb operates, if it's anywhere close to the kind of power output he had with his normal coat, he's going to kill the crap out of Luffy.

It's also going to imply Naruto himself will atleast have some matching durability to tank the same kind of punishment himself.

 

"If he beats Luffy it would be through that, not physical caliber because currently Luffy is still ahead in that department. "


I'm expecting Current Naruto to still at the  very least get two more upgrades, one from Itachi and the other from becoming friends with the Nine Tails, so even if it's true energy projection is the way to go, its not going to stay that way for long.

I'll have to wait for Naruto to get some new lifting feats before I make that call myself IMO.

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I think that current naruto is more powerful, however, since the series is going to end soon and one piece will still be going, Luffy will surpass naruto yet again in due time. Thus, i believe naruto may win for now, but Luffy will surpass him in due time

Post by dccomicsrule2011 (220 posts) See mini bio Level 7
naruto wins
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Hasnt this battle been done, like a lot of times before?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel