Luffy vs Black Star

Topic started by YouFinished on Feb. 11, 2011. Last post by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by YouFinished (1,027 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@Jinbeifan1:  
And hes also just as fast as Luffy so dodging it is an option. Pacifista metal? Isn't just made out of regular metal or steel? And remember Black Star is a very tactical fighter as seen when he fought Mifune.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,262 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@YouFinished: yea true but luffy has mantra he knows what moves hes gonna make so he can lead him when he tries to dodge and also luffy is one of the best adaptive fighters in anime he is good at learning a pearsons technique and how to counter it and that was pre time skip he is gonna be amazing in the upcoming battles
@Jinbeifan1:  
Mantra is not all that effective to the point where hes gonna be like 2 steps ahead. And all of Black Stars senses are peak human or maybe enhanced to make up for him not getting the sixth sense (soul detection). So he would be able to sense what Luffy's going to do which nullifies the mantra. 
Here black star senses Corona and notices the unstable footstep which is impressive never the less: 

@YouFinished: yea it does actually put one two steps ahead, during Zoros fight with Ohm, Ohm was always two steps ahead with mantra it took zoro doing a head on attack instead of dodging to end it, and black star is definitely not strong enough to do a head on attack at luffy and win. that soul perception? thats not much compared to mantra all he did was sense her footsteps
@Jinbeifan1:  
No strong enough, what? Any of Black Star's enchanted weapons can slice through Luffy easy. He sensed her unstable footsteps compared to everyone else, with his natural sense. And its not 2 steps ahead. Its only slightly before they do them, sometimes its easier for user to do it and sometimes its not depending on how trained they are. All Black Star would have to do is random attacks to avoid it. lol 
Which he can do.
Post by DemonEyesKyo (542 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Depends. How strong BS got after the insanity power-up?
Because sure as hell BS isn't strong enough to harm Luffy.
That and Luffy has CoO. I think he can KO Black Star with a good Haki-enhanced punch.
Only if BS didn't get MUCH stronger after the insanity power-up. For now he seriously lacks feats for that.
Luffy 7/10
@DemonEyesKyo: 
Black Star's enchanted demon swords can't cut through Luffy? wha?
@YouFinished: Maybe it can. That's not the point. Things are that BS isn't faster than Luffy. Equal at best. Plus Luffy has Haki on full course. Including Color of Observation to predict Black Star's moves. Conclusion: BS isn't strong enough to overcome Luffy's unfair advantage.
@DemonEyesKyo:  
I believe Black Star speed equals Luffy's speed normal and then if he uses zetusei  he getsway more faster as where he creates after images but thats just opinion because theres no actually distance or time given when they use speed. Mantra can easily be out matched by just doing random moves which Black Star can do. BS was able to crack hardened black blood with his mere fist technique. Cutting through Luffy shouldn't be a problem. 
@YouFinished: post-timeskip Luffy blitzed a Pacifista. A similar Pacifista reacted to pre-timeskip Luffy's Gear Second speed.
Luffy is sure hypersonic even in base. And he can activate Gear Second almost instantly now for the overkill.
Afterimages is just a little more than some artistic mish-mash to show someone is fast. It holds no value for proving how fast is someone.
Black Star is hypersonic in speed star and Fey Blade mode. 
Plus I doubt Black Star can stop thinking entirely. Like he cannot avoid Kishin's insanity waevelength.
@DemonEyesKyo:  
Sure I guess the Kishin, when BS he was a newbie. But he did overcome every other madness he incountered, even the one in the Book of Eibon which was actual madness, he has one of the highest resistance to it. After images doesn't tell how fast it is? Where did you see this? Stop thinking entirely? Luffy is hypersonic in gear second(once only opinion).  
Heres Black Star going so fast he hit Mifune, who casually blocks sniper bullets.

I'm pretty  sure after images mean something. This is pre Spartoi/Madness release. So hes somewhat weaker here.
Post by taichokage (12,884 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@YouFinished: That technique is better explained in the manga. It is like like bleach solid after images that the fast characters can do. Hmm, this makes me believe that BS is faster however I do think it would still be okay because of Luffy's haki.
@taichokage:  
Yeah, Luffy's mantra haki would help him out sightly but not too much it only helps predict not increase speed. What technique is better explained in the manga?
@YouFinished: BS could cut him sure doesnt mean he could kill him luffy too shots from mihawk and still got uup and mihawk is a way stronger opponent than BS but luffy has mantra and speed i just dont see him winning he is not as strong as post time skip luffy or pre time skip luffy either as fast possibly but he cant win against luffy
@Jinbeifan1:  
When did he take shots from Mihawk? And yes I remember the fight he dodged all the attacks and Mihawk was not going serious. He got hit by some shock waves but not actually slashes, big difference. I'm sure Black Star could either cut off his hands like Luffy was scared of or stab through him. And the scans i just posted mean nothing? (sorry seems like you completely missed it)? Your really underestimating BS here and Overestimating Luffy, don't let favoritism block your judgment (a little off topic sorry).
@YouFinished: im not overestimating him and not underestimating BS he has much more durable feats and stronger feats than BS does and BS may be as fast as luffy but not faster and he is not physically as strong as ive said. sure he could punch through black blood but he probably couldn't tank a laser from Kizaru or shot from a shadow stuffed Moria who split an entire island with a single punch. BS may get a couple good hits in but luffy would win still he is to strong for him. the pics u just posted were not bad but mifune isnt as fast as BS so it doesnt matter luffy is and he has better reaction and mantra and besides Zoro is better than mifune heck hes better than BS but im just using example
Ofcourse BS probably not as durable as Luffy with blunt physical attacks cause Luffy is rubber and thats one of his main powers. So bring that up doesn't even matter. But I'm pretty sure BS can take slashes better than Luffy, now does it matter? No. Luffy is not going to use slashes and BS is not going to blunt physical attacks  Mifune blocked sniper fire once easily and BS surpassed him in speed. Zolo vs BS or Mifune is whole nother  thread. It is irrelevant. Better reaction time? Mifune is sniper bullet timer(easily) and Black Star proved to be faster than him. Luffy dodged a laser yes but he saw him charge it and has mantra so its not as good. (off topic)BS is pretty physically strong though he cracked black blood and did this: 

and then slices through him like butter 

@YouFinished: u maybe right but when they shoot it from the hand it doesn't charge it just shoots thats the one from the mouth that charges he may use mantra but either way whats it matter? it helps a lot which would include in this fight. the scans aren't that grea luffy took things out that sixe at the beginning of OP 
@Jinbeifan1:  
Really? I think there pretty awesome, especially when he slices him and it says INFINITY but alright I guess its all opinion. lol
 Lifting is different from punching. Luffy has taken out guys that size with punches or kicks for sure but not lifting(not that i know of i could be wrong) especially not with one hand. It matters because it determines his reaction time or not. And thats a key point in battle always. If it went the way I said in my post., Luffy has not as great reaction time and I'm pretty sure you see the glow when they do the hand beams.
Post by FormerCrimsonKing (4,428 posts) See mini bio Level 15
yea, luffy takes this with ease....black star's durability isnt up to par
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel