Luffy vs Alita

Topic started by Jinbeifan1 on Feb. 18, 2013. Last post by Jinbeifan1 1 month, 1 week ago.
Post by takashichea (12,679 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@ReiKai:

It was only a temporary lock since FalconC won't stand down after I ask Dream to look over the case. I unlock the thread if you want to continue or edit your post on that page.

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@SMXLR8: Well if Alita is still only considered around mach 50 or higher, she loses this. Luffy's speed has been calced at 400+ nowadays. but it would be an interesting cav

Post by SMXLR8 (7,254 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Jinbeifan1: 400+? where the hell did that come from ?

@ReiKai: well according to @Jinbeifan1: Luffy is 400+ now in speed . I said this could be a cool CAV if it was done right

@SMXLR8: a guy called GM on narutoforums. He does most of the calcs for One Piece.

@Jinbeifan1: so you might do a CAV , if this goes that far?

Post by ReiKai (3,518 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Jinbeifan1 said:

@SMXLR8: a guy called GM on narutoforums. He does most of the calcs for One Piece.

I don't put much stock in what they say, given they tried to claim Mace Windu has Mach 15thousand reaction speed. But that's a separate issue. Better for us to actually see the evidence and not go by what someone else on some other forum says.
Post by DeathHero61 (220 posts) See mini bio Level 8

From what im learning from my current CAV current luffy would wreck her before she can deal serious damage with her more versatile arsenal, while pre-timeskip gets stomped majorly.

@DeathHero61: Yeah I'm still waiting for someone to show actual evidence Here. Otherwise it's all just pointless hype with no payoff. Kinda like the "Man of Steel" movie.

@SMXLR8: I suppose I would, but it seems Reikai has a problem with the calcs

@ReiKai said:

@Jinbeifan1 said:

I don't put much stock in what they say, given they tried to claim Mace Windu has Mach 15thousand reaction speed. But that's a separate issue. Better for us to actually see the evidence and not go by what someone else on some other forum says.

Well you should also know that there are many different calcers out there, not all of them are the same. Although despite this, I could actually believe that calc. In the comics, the Star Wars verse is VASTLY OP. Like literally Supes level OP. Ugh. That's kind of why I was happy when they rendered it filler lol

But that's beside the point. One Piece is not like the series that Alita is from or Toriko, in which the writer purposely places estimates of a characters power themselves. It makes it harder to compare without calcs :/

@Jinbeifan1: Actually about SW that's quite false. The only OP figures in SW are Luke and Sidious. Everyone else gets exaggerated about quite hard. And even though the likes of Sid only have maybe lightspeed reflexes, the fans have screamed up and down how he can beat Superman, despite Supes proving and showing he has speeds far in excess of that and has telepathic defenses (Pre-52 Supes).

As far as Luffy and One Piece, the thing is I can't believe calcs that I haven't seen, nor that anyone has so far represented, only alluded to existing without providing the evidence. I have done so in the case of Alita. The speeds of everything in Battle Angel are not always stated. For the solitons bouncing around in Zazzie's head, we're told they're over Mach 5. However Alita's speed needed to eliminate them in such a brief time span had to be calculated appropriately. I ultimately came up with Mach 100, which was a fair estimation for 20thousand solitons. Because it said there were "Tens of thousands" of them, it can mean anywhere from 20-90thousand. So I used the lowest denomination to be fair to everybody.

If people want to say Luffy has Mach 400 speed, then fine, but they need to prove it. Display the evidence. Show scans of the scene and the calculations used to estimate time and distance to acquire the speed value. That's all that really needs to be done. So long as the estimations are fair. Hell some people still believe the Flying Nimbus in Dragonball is only Mach 1.5 when I can see during the Saiyan Saga that that thing was moving over Mach 50 while Goku was riding it.

@ReiKai: Dont forget most of the OP sith legends the fans always go on about. They can never stop talking about them :P But I see your point in that.

As for Luffy's calcs, I can merely give you a link to the calcs he's been given. That might help shed some light for you. Even the likes of Doffy and Fujitora have similar calcs now, thanks to the meteor incident. Which by the way is apparently almost as big as Madara's, which is quite a surprise. I thought his meteors were much smaller :P

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel