Luffy and Zoro vs Moria and Kuma

Topic started by chrono122 on June 29, 2012. Last post by ShadowKnight508 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by chrono122 (126 posts) See mini bio Level 8

This is Post time skip Luffy and Zoro, And pre time skip Moria and Kuma. They are in character. Fight takes place at Sabaody Archipelago

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Luffy and Zoro would still probably lose. Moria would be the first to go though, there's no way he can compete with current Luffy and Zoro but Kuma would still probably be too much.

I'm thinking this through story-wise and the way I see it, when they do meet up Kuma he'll probably win but with more difficulty but then they'll probably end up beating him in the rematch or something.

Post by taichokage (14,840 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Not as one sided as it might have been a year or so ago. But Kuma? He probably could still take them out. His speed, durability, hax and destruction are still above their current feats. Moria would probably lose first but Kuma could still handle them, alone if necessary.
Post by t3h_bash (53 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@taichokage: I don't believe there is any evidence showing Kuma having better durability than a regular Pacifista. If Luffy or Zoro can get around his DF, then they should win.

Post by othus12 (7,732 posts) See mini bio Level 13

i can see luffy and zoro taking this, ivankov was on par with kuma luffy and zoro have improved greatly since they both know haki

Post by JThree47605 (1,014 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@taichokage: I see Luffy or Zoro soloing this Moria is no match whatsoever Kuma would be a bigger challenge but at this point I don't see him beating Luffy or Zoro I really don't even see him beating Sanji

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

They were able to take a Pacifista out even pre time skip. Yes it was hard but they did it nonetheless, yet when Kuma came he took them all out without them even touching him. He beat them so bad that he was the first person to make Luffy truly despair in the main storyline.

There's still many people stronger than Luffy, otherwise what's the point in the manga even continuing anymore. Kuma's an especially powerful opponent and there is no way any of the strawhat crew are going to be able to beat him as it stands. Example, this new guy, Vergo who absolutely stomped Trafalgar. Just because Luffy's going around fighting average level opponents doesn't mean he's become an admiral level pirate.

Post by taichokage (14,840 posts) See mini bio Level 20
True, despite the fact that Liffy and possibly even Zoro are now ahead in power than some shichibukai, there has always been a gap in power with the shichibukai members. For instance, the latest chapter revealed that Law (now a shichibukai) can defeat a logia Vice Admiral with ease as well as his whole crew, but failed to even harm the subordinate of a fellow shichibukai Doflamingo. I always knew that Doflamingo was a top shichibukai member, but if Vergo's strength is a testimony at all to Doflamingo's, he is well above the straw hats still. It may have been pre time skip but Kuma was well above the level of the straw hat crew. I still feel that although he might not be capable of annihilating the whole crew now, one on one he would beat any of them.
Post by JThree47605 (1,014 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@JThree47605 said:

@taichokage: I see Luffy or Zoro soloing this Moria is no match whatsoever Kuma would be a bigger challenge but at this point I don't see him beating Luffy or Zoro I really don't even see him beating Sanji

I went back and reread chapters with Kuma and I change my original stance. I forgot how he truly dominated the fight with the straw hats, I'd have to say he would win here by himself. Moria wouldn't be any help at all either Zoro or Luffy would smash him

Post by othus12 (7,732 posts) See mini bio Level 13

i dont know....zoro managed to hit kuma before and if that happened now kuma would die. he was also dodging most of his attacks even though he was really tired and that even without kenbunshoku haki.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,357 posts) See mini bio Level 19

In this battle, Gecko Moria would be easily be the first one to fall victim to the post-skip strength of both Luffy and Zoro. He was a tough opponent that the Straw Hats barely managed to defeat back during the events at Thriller Bark, but even he stands no chance whatsoever against the versions of Luffy and Zoro that are much more stronger post-skip that what they were at Thriller Bark. The only way that Moria would be tougher in battle against post-skip Luffy and Zoro is if he had the giant Oars zombie from the Thriller Bark Saga fighting for him, but since that wasn't listed in the OP, Moria can't rely on Oars and gets stomped.

As for facing off against Kuma, there lies a whole other issue. The Straw Hats proved to be no match for Bartholomew Kuma at Sabaody Archipelago, getting systematically demolished one-by-one as Kuma sent each member flying off towards a far-away location using the power of his pads. Built like a tank, he still makes a challenging opponent for even the combined strengths of post-skip Luffy and Zoro. This would be a very challenging clash that will be grueling and punishing to all members involved...

Hmm...after much debating with my logic for ten minutes, I will take a side in this battle and say that Luffy and Zoro should be able to squeak out a marginal victory against Kuma.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel