The purpose of this thread is to open a case and establish a list of characters that the community and its leaders agree on. This will be serve as an attachment to the Battle Forum Rules 2.0. and Suggestion Box for Battlations. I always encourage you guys and gals to take the initiative and make the commitment to help your community. Your mods are not online 24/7. This is a community driven site. The current staff (as of 2012-2014) does not deal with the battle threads. It's up to you to be proactive. If you're complaining and taking the effort to notify the mods, it's your own responsibility.
Update (3/7/2014 - Dream): I'll relax the ban on these characters (except real-life religious gods for obvious reasons) if they are involved in joke matches. But any serious match involving them will be banned on sight by me or Sonata.
Update (11/29/14- Dream)- It's come to my attention that the way I have this ban list running now is a bit flawed since I've been banning characters of godlike status as defined within the scope of their title and this has some instances of characters whose titles are limited to a single universe being banned. So with that being said, I'm tweaking the banning requirements to give a more clearer definition of expectations that would lead me to ban certain characters. Here's what I have in mind:
- Godlike Status list will now be renamed Godlike Status/ Megaversal and Beyond. This means characters who are nigh-omni or omni in all aspects (power, knowledge and presence) who are at least high-multiversal level or higher would still be ban-worthy or characters not of this status that are megaversal level or higher in terms of the scope of their power will now be eligible for this list.
- Characters lower than high-multiversal level who are considered godlike/ near-godlike, yet have little to no feats to show for it will be moved to the Headache section where I have been banning featless characters.
**As of February 2014, this project is handed over to Dream.
List of Characters
Includes anime, comics, video games.
Godlike Status/ Megaversal and Beyond
- The Presence (DC Comics)
- The One Above All (Marvel)
- Kami Tenchi (Tenchi Muyo)
- Man Of Miracles (Image Comics)
- Lord Of Nightmares (Slayers)
- Azathoth (Cthulu Mythos)
- Demonbane verse
- Nyarathathotep (Cthulu Mythos)
- Yog Sothoth (Cthulu Mythos)
- Lucifer Morningstar (DC Comics)
- The Living Tribunal (Marvel Comics)
- The Great Evil Beast (DC Comics)
- Heart of the Universe Thanos (Marvel)
- The Chousin (Tenchi Muyo)
- Beyonder (both Retcon and Pre-Retcon, Marvel Comics)
- Michael Demiurge (DC Comics)
- Pre-Recton Molecule Man (Cosmic Cube variety from Marvel Comics)
- Counter-Actor (Tenchi Muyo)
- The One (Transformers)
- Downstreamers (Manifold series)
- Pre-Retcon Amalgam Brothers (Amalgam Comics)
- The Endless (Destiny, Death, Dream [Morpheous and Daniel], Desire, Despair, Destruction and Delirium)- Sandman
- Nemesis (Infinity Gems, Marvel Comics)
- Michael Demiurgos (DC Comics)
- Primus (Transformers)
- Spectre (DC Comics)
- Zeedmillenniummon (Digimon)
- Dr. Doom with Beyonder's Power (Marvel Comics)
- Ryoko with full power of Washu's gems (Tenchi Muyo)
- One Being (Mortal Kombat)
- Mad Jim Jaspers (Marvel)
- Unicron (Transformers)
- Hitoshura (full demon form and TDE route, Megami Tensei)
- God Swamp Thing (DC Comics)
- Gan (Dark Tower)
- Ahmenhotep IV (Marvel Comics)
- Aleph (Megami Tensei)
- Nigh-Omnipotent Dandy (Space Dandy)
Toon Force- applies to any character or aspect to a character that involves breaking the fourth wall or bending reality in a way to make it funny for all their feats.
- Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
- Any Looney Tunes character.
- Deadpool's fourth wall breaking feats (Marvel Comics)
- Gintama Fourth Wall Breaking/ Comedic Feats
- Tom and Jerry
- Squirrel Girl (Marvel)
- The Mask
- Nabeshin (Excel Saga/ Puni Puni Poemi)
- Grant Morrison (Animal Man)
Class H (Stands for Headache)- applies to characters or titles that are featless or have caused some sort of issue or controversy within the forum that require a need to ban them.
- Featherine (Umineko)- Had a case where she was abused in some spite matches thus she is now banned from discussion in any matches.
- Real-Life Religious Gods- Banned mostly out of trying to prevent offending any member in this forum who is religious.
- Whis (DBZ)- Mostly featless and has been used in matches in spite of this. Unless another DBZ title comes out to feature more of what he can do, he will be banned.
- Umineko-verse- There are some under the mentality that the verse is omniversal based off feats and statements of the witches and those at their level. While there are others (counting myself) that dispute this, the series being omniversal would put it well beyond nearly any anime and manga series that would be put against it if this mentality is legit. So to avoid future hassles, all battles involving Umineko characters are banned for the foreseeable future.
- Trihexa- Presently featless within High School DxD.
- Ryougi Shiki (Void, Kara no Kyoukai)- This applies only to Shiki's third personality being the living host for Akasha. Beyond hype and a few statements from the series creator of Kara no Kyoukai about her capabilities, she has very little feats to judge her capabilities and abilities thus she is now banned.
- King Kai and King Enma (DBZ)- Both are featless characters beyond any hype they may get from the series and the franchise's fanbase.
- Frieza (Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F) - until the movie is released in 2015, the film incarnation of Frieza is currently featless.
- Superman Prime One-Million- Hyped as the strongest form of Superman, but has little in the way of defined feats.
- Prime Whitebeard (One Piece) - He is a featless character.
- The Emperor-Beyond-The-Sea (Chronicles of Narnia)
- Eru Iluvatar (Lord of the Rings)
- God (Supernatural)
- YHVH (Megami Tensei)
- The Truth (Fullmetal Alchemist)
- U-DO/ Wave Existence (Xenosaga)
- Trenia (Nipponverse)
- God (Bruce Almighty)
- Elder Gods (Mortal Kombat)
- Godhead (Elder Scrolls)
- Amaranths (Elder Scrolls)
- Source (DC Comics)
- Over-Monitor (DC Comics)
- Great Will (Megami Tensei)
- Idea of Evil (Berserk)
- God Hand [Femto (both apostle and human forms), Void, Slan, Conrad, Ubik] (Berserk)
Open Cases (still thinking over or need more info on)
- Featherine vs Batman with prep - Five Users (Dream, GeneralVan, Axavierhansz, Mangafanvt, and XxGin) arguments prove that Featherine isn't an omnipotent. Though, the thread and any thread (Featherine vs Pre-retcon Beyonder (re-evaluated)) got locked due to being spiteful.
- Othinus (ToAru)- One that was hotly debated by me and a couple users for a few sessions. Based off what I could look up and read on specific sections in which her character appeared, I was under the opinion that she wasn't of a near-godlike status and not at a level of power that was being brought up by those mentioning her.