Link (The Legend of Zelda) vs. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy)

Topic started by alternative_backup on June 23, 2013. Last post by CerusSerenade 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by Fehafare (9,530 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@GIRUGAMESH: I didn't play the game, my whole argument was based on the fact that i assumed that LoZ's moon was as big as ours, and i actually stated that (and no one corrected me).

If it just town sized then the destructive is just some town level+ and nothing more. BUT, i kinda doubt they have a town sized moon, i assume it's simply art limitation that forced them to do so.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,213 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Fehafare: My bad, didn't realise, the link below shows the moon falling it. And art limitation wouldn't make much difference in terms of the size they could achieve (hell, they could even use a different perspective to emphasise the size). The first 30 seconds mainly show it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER9X67a_GII

Majora's moon is barely bigger than a small town. Fact.

Post by Fehafare (9,530 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@GIRUGAMESH:

Most likely they never cared about "emphasise" the size of the moon, you know stuff you don't actually give too much attention. But mind you, that point i made stands only for the case of a low quality sprite of the moon in the background close to the town. The video there is a full animation (and if i'm not mistaken the moon has a mouth and a nose) and that actually destroys any doubt left.

The moon is city sized at best.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,682 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@GIRUGAMESH: The game itself states that the moon falling would destroy most if not all of Termina. Termina is a parallel world to Hyrule. Please explain why you keep ignoring this.

: The reason it looks like that is because Majora transformed it into that form.

@CerusSerenade said:

@GIRUGAMESH: The game itself states that the moon falling would destroy most if not all of Termina. Termina is a parallel world to Hyrule. Please explain why you keep ignoring this.

: The reason it looks like that is because Majora transformed it into that form.

1. That's all well and good, but it's still bullshit, and the moon was still smaller than Sephiroth's meteor. And Termina was barely a country, if you look at the map. Not that it really matters because:

2. You forget about my other point; when has Majora (or, more to the topic, Link) ever shown 'world-destroying' (lol) power in the course of battle? You're fighting a losing battle here; Majora's combat feats are piss poor, Link beating it really isn't that big a deal. Not all feats are translatable into battles.

For the last time, Sephiroth stomps.

@GIRUGAMESH: So turning Link into a completely different being via reality warping is pointless?

You're really underselling dropping the moon here. Majora dropped a life-wiper, something that took Sephiroth took far longer to do. Sephiroth is simply beat out in that area.

Termina encompasses the entire planet, there is plenty more to the swamps, oceans, and mountains that were simply not explored because they had no purpose in the game.

Post by Dream (7,908 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@CerusSerenade:

So turning Link into a completely different being via reality warping is pointless?

That was magic, not reality warping.

You're really underselling dropping the moon here. Majora dropped a life-wiper, something that took Sephiroth took far longer to do. Sephiroth is simply beat out in that area.

A "life-wiper" that was slowly pulled towards Clock Town over a three day period and crushed the town once Majora dropped it onto the town. That is nowhere as devastating as a miles-wide meteor plummeting upon the planet.

@Dream: It was the size of midgar when it was seen falling down at the end. It took Sephiroth two weeks to call it down. It took Majora 3 days to call down the moon.

Post by Dream (7,908 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@CerusSerenade: I wasn't referring to Final Fantasy. I meant a meteor in general if it collided with a planet and it was wide enough, considering the greater amount of mass it would gain from plummeting in the gravity of an atmosphere and the heavy aftershocks it would inflict upon the planet's surface.

@CerusSerenade said:

@GIRUGAMESH: So turning Link into a completely different being via reality warping is pointless?

Termina encompasses the entire planet, there is plenty more to the swamps, oceans, and mountains that were simply not explored because they had no purpose in the game.

Did you see him turning him into anything during their final battle? Yes, yes it is pointless, and Sephiroth's power (especially in Safer form) is well beyond what Link's was at that point. Professor McGonagall can turn people into 'completely different' beings too, do you see her pulling that off against the likes of Galactus? And no, I am not undermining it, you can try to big it up as a 'life wiper' if you want, in a battle it's a virtually pointless feat, and that's what I was getting at in my previous posts. And a 'moon' of that size, at that speed, destroying a planet is pretty silly anyway.

But, as I have noted repeatedly, this fight is still between Link and Sephiroth, not Majora; unless you want to employ faulty ABC logic, the moon feat is of little use here.

Oh, and if all else fails by the way- Sephiroth blitzes.

@GIRUGAMESH: Fierce Deity Link is featless, what are you suggesting his "feats" be?

@CerusSerenade said:

@GIRUGAMESH: Fierce Deity Link is featless, what are you suggesting his "feats" be?

All we can say is that in a fight, he trumps Majora easily...who did little more than dance around with tentacles in that fight. Maybe that helps you understand why I think putting him (or any Zelda character) against Safer Sephiroth is a bit silly.

@GIRUGAMESH: Ok, so Majora is a lifewiper with 3 days of prep, and Sephiroth is a life-wiper with two weeks of prep. Considering that we're now saying that Fierce Deity is stronger than Majora by a fairly large margin. The magic required to pull the moon and redirect it at a specific spot requires immense force, and if Fierce Deity is able to exceed that magical force that Majora is capable of, would Sephiroth be able to tank it?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel