link (oot) vs zoro

Topic started by othus12 on June 28, 2013. Last post by salbing 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by othus12 (7,732 posts) See mini bio Level 13

zoro up to little garden.

both in character

win by death or KO

link has all his equipment

those who want feats for link i can help.

magically created double thread

Post by CerusSerenade (2,740 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@othus12: Can Zoro survive an island being dropped on him?

@CerusSerenade: exaggerating much? when has link lifted an island?

@othus12: When he used the Triforce in Skyward Sword.

@CerusSerenade: oot link stands for ocarina of time link.

and for the record he didnt lifted it with raw strenght.

Post by Dream (8,127 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Zoro rather easily.

@othus12: I never said he did, and I didn't think you would be dumb enough to make a pure spite thread against Link.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,062 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@CerusSerenade said:

@othus12: When he used the Triforce in Skyward Sword.

LOL a completely different Link at that.

Zoro wins low difficulty.

@Dream: @SpeedForceSpider: how so?

Post by eddz99 (2,639 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@othus12 said:

@Dream: @SpeedForceSpider: how so?

Because zorro owns, obviously :'O what did link do to you?!! :'(

Online Now

@othus12: Even with his equipment, Link doesn't have the physical attributes to compete with Zoro. Link would be struck down quicker than any chance he has to react to an attack by Zoro.

@Dream: you are undestimating link a lot, he can block magical lightning and artificial lightning and he even dodged a real lightning though barely. also link is physically equal if not stronger than zoro due to the golden gauntlets. link can deadlift and throw 1000 tons. and unlike zoro link is pretty intelligent. he has range advantage,versatility and strenght advantage.

he also has access to temporal invulnerability with nayrus love, he can tank pretty much anything zoro dishes..

zoro at little garden is not that fast. zoro pre shi shi son son was actually rather slow.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,062 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@othus12: My bad I didn't see the Little Garden part. Link should win then due to sheer versatility and hax.
Online Now

@othus12:

you are undestimating link a lot, he can block magical lightning and artificial lightning and he even dodged a real lightning though barely.

No, I think you're overestimating Link. When did he dodge lightning? The only instance I recall lightning strike down (if it were natural) was when Link as a child used his ocarina to have a grave get destroyed at the graveyard in Kakariko Village. He never dodged that as he fell to the ground from the grave being shattered from the bolt of lightning destroying it. I imagine the magical variety you're referring to is from Phantom Ganon and Ganondorf. But I've argued before about why you shouldn't compare the magical variety to the real one.

I'll concede that Link's reaction time may push into superhuman territory as he's capable of reacting to projectile attacks like fired arrows. But saying he's supersonic in movement and reaction speed is quite a stretch when it can take him nearly a day to reach Hyrule Castle by foot from the Kokiri Village.

also link is physically equal if not stronger than zoro due to the golden gauntlets. link can deadlift and throw 1000 tons.

If we're talking earlier sagas for One Piece, then Link would be roughly equal to Zoro in strength at that point if he has the Golden Gauntlets equipped since Zoro's roughly equal in Luffy in stats, who tossed a giant sea monster a considerable distance with ease at that point.

he has range advantage,versatility and strenght advantage.

Ranged advantage wouldn't help Link much considering Zoro would have the speed to easily evade or fend off attacks from the Fairy Bow and Hookshot. Bombs and Bombchu wouldn't help out much either as the explosive force from them wouldn't do much in the way of damage to the Straw Hat.

Versatility is all well and good. But it doesn't help out much if you have a foe quite formidable in stats to put up with. And I've already argued about the strength issue.

he also has access to temporal invulnerability with nayrus love, he can tank pretty much anything zoro dishes..

Nayru's Love takes a brief period of time to cast which leaves Link open to attack. And even while under the spell's effects, Link can still be knocked back by attacks despite not getting any harm from them, meaning Zoro could just keep launching him back until Nayru's Love loses its effects. The spell also takes up the most magic in Link's reserves, meaning he can't keep casting it indefinitely.

Like Luffy, Zoro is known for his ridiculous resilience in battle, being capable of fighting for long periods of time while injured. Zoro should be able to last long enough until Link exhausts his magic reserves for Nayru's Love.

Pretty much, I still picture Link getting blitzed by Zoro here.

@Dream: i was talking about barinade's lightning attack. zoro isnt getting out of the AOE of dins fire for example and if he tries to block the ice arrow he is doomed.

and even though zoro's stamina is good, link's stamina is virtually limitless considering how he can fight with the same pace be at the door's death or at full stamina.

zoro lacks pretty much all his signature moves (shi shi son son,rashomon,pound hou etc) at little garden arc. and he isnt bypassing the hylian shield since its practically indestructible.

with Z target zoro isnt blitzing link anytime soon. he could still use spin attack spam to keep zoro at bay.

Online Now

@othus12:

i was talking about barinade's lightning attack.

Okay. Then that is nowhere near as fast as an air-to-ground bolt.

zoro isnt getting out of the AOE of dins fire for example and if he tries to block the ice arrow he is doomed.

Din's Fire is only effective at mid/ close range with its magic and even then, I don't see how it's offing Zoro since it's mostly used to burn its foes and the guy's been shown to soak up enough freakin' damage in his fights throughout One Piece. Also with the Ice Arrow, Zoro could break out rather easily if frozen and the immense cold wouldn't slow him down considering he's been shown going through immensely cold areas with light clothing on Drum Island.

zoro lacks pretty much all his signature moves (shi shi son son,rashomon,pound hou etc) at little garden arc. and he isnt bypassing the hylian shield since its practically indestructible.

The Hylian Shield can't cover all parts of Link's body and it can't defend him if he doesn't have the reaction time to react to Zoro's attacks. And I don't see what you're trying to get at with Zoro lacking his later moves as he still has whatever he techniques he developed in for his Santoryu style before his introduction in the series and the guy's capable of developing new techniques on the fly in heated battles.

and even though zoro's stamina is good, link's stamina is virtually limitless considering how he can fight with the same pace be at the door's death or at full stamina.

with Z target zoro isnt blitzing link anytime soon.

You're seriously gonna rely on gameplay mechanics for this? Link never "tires" in action because it would make for dull gameplay having to take breaks now and then from Link getting tired or exhausted from battle fatigue or walking long distances.

Z-targeting is a gameplay mechanic that has nothing to do with the title's storyline. Even if you could consider it part of Link's abilities/ items, it isn't perfect as the ability can fail to trigger if either a foe is out of Navi's range or is too fast for the fairy to track.

And is it me or has there been a decent amount of LoZ overhyping developing here as of late?

@Dream: he got half his arm frozen by ao kiji and that was enough to put him into the ground. im pretty sure zoro isnt getting out of a whole body freeze.

z targetting is pretty much navi telling him where is his enemy, so far anything has gone out of navi's track unless it cant harm you.

and its not like zoro moves at speeds like soru. basically he only moves fast when performing oni giri which isnt enough to put link down.

actually some incarnations of link do get tired. skyward sword link gets tired from running or performing certain tasks and wind waker link gets dizzy when performing hurricane spin. link's strongest incarnation shows no fatigue unless he is about to die.

its not overhyping.

Online Now

@othus12:

he got half his arm frozen by ao kiji and that was enough to put him into the ground. im pretty sure zoro isnt getting out of a whole body freeze.

Forgot to factor in Aokiji. Even so, that's assuming Zoro gets struck by the Ice Arrow, which I don't imagine happening here.

z targetting is pretty much navi telling him where is his enemy, so far anything has gone out of navi's track unless it cant harm you.

And again, I'm not gonna factor that here since it's a gameplay mechanic. And saying that Navi can track anything, regardless of speed and range, would be a no limits fallacy. You can't just assume the ability is infallible if no upper limit's been shown to her capabilities in aiding Link. It's like saying Navi is capable of tracking Goku just because she hasn't been shown not keeping up with a target.

basically he only moves fast when performing oni giri which isnt enough to put link down.

What feats does Link in OoT have of tanking damage equivalent to or surpassing what Zoro has without Nayru's Love cast? Because I certainly don't recall him being so durable and fast.

link's strongest incarnation shows no fatigue unless he is about to die.

That's still gameplay mechanics in action. It's like saying you don't see Ash in the Pokemon games tiring when walking miles on end and assuming he can't tire or show signs of fatigue at all as a result.

@Dream: durability wise he can tank the magma rocks at death mountain,slices from ganon,getting completely frozen,he can even stay in fire for prolonged periods of time.

you have any other way to measure link's stamina? i thought so.

i am not saying navi is perfect, but it gives link some advantage, she can also analyze zoro's weaknesses.

zoro barely ever dodges attacks, he always tries to block them or cut through them. the only thing he dodges are bullets.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel