Lifetime Partnerships: Kisuke and Yoruichi vs.Shunsui and Jushiro

Topic started by Galenbeta on Aug. 10, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 11 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by Galenbeta (3,025 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Rules Tiltle: Why won't you show your bankai

Kyouraku and Ukitake prepare for battle
Kyouraku and Ukitake prepare for battle
  • No holding back
  • Win k.o.
  • morals on
  • Loser has to buy more Sake
  • Start in Shikai
  • Jushiro no health problems
Post by phantomrant (1,302 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Looks like urahara will be a very happy man while Shunsui won't be getting drunk anytime soon.

The duo would blitz them.

Post by taichokage (12,685 posts) See mini bio Level 20
They're both duos. Anyway it says start in shikai, but unfortunately none of these individuals have yet revealed their bankai so they're limited only to their shikai. Yoruichi even less than that. But honestly, while I feel Shunsui would be very problematic, I feel that out of the 4, Ukitake is the weakest link. It could go either way. We won't know until we see some bankai, however as it stands, Yoruichi and Urahara as a pair are more impressive than Shinsui and Ukitake have been.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,510 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@taichokage: We also have Ukitake's shikai that could back fire Kisuke's shikai blasts...and we have Kyoraku's hax!

Tho am not saying they win cause team one is a nightmare lol..

Post by Sonata (35,228 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Going with Ki and Yoru FTW!XD

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Id say the beach bum/hippie and the kitty takes this. Team 2's weakness is the health of Jushiro

Post by All_StarSupes (767 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Team 2 are far more powerful, the only thing is Ukitake's health is poor so he won't last long in a full on battle.

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@All_StarSupes said:

Team 2 are far more powerful, the only thing is Ukitake's health is poor so he won't last long in a full on battle.

How can you say team 2 is more powerful? What have the two of them shown that would suggest that?

They are the oldest captains by far now that Yamamoto and Unohana are, let me say "somewhat out of the picture", also they are the only dual zanpakutou users other than Ichigo himself (don't know what that means but it seems special) and of all Captains, Shunsui was picked as head Captain. That's got to mean something. Kubo also said that he wants readers to think that Shunsui's bankai can beat Aizen. That's kinda crazy but if it's the author himself sayings its possible, I guess it's possible. But I went with team one only based on feats thus far. Powerscaling doesn't really work here IMO.

Urahara can also trap them in Kido.

Yoruichi will be a problem because of her speed.

Kyoraku will be hard to take out.

Post by EraserCannon (522 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Kubo already hinted that Shunsui's Bankai would have killed Aizen, iirc

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Team 1 should win

Post by Galenbeta (3,025 posts) See mini bio Level 12

edit

Post by phantomrant (1,302 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Galenbeta said:

edit

prime ukitake is pretty unquantifiable. The only thing we can give him is maybe a durability and stamina upgrade to be on par with Shunsui's.

Which doesn't change anything for the senior caps.

Really the battle as a whole in't quantifiable yet. We haven't seen even one of these guy's bankai and not even Yoruichi's shikai. We know that they all have immense shunpo skills and that they are among the few ranked as shunpo masters with Yoruichi being the best. We don't know their Jirou prowess compared to one another and so on. Shunsui's bankai is supposed to be insanely powerful, Yoruichi can fight on par without a zanpakutou etc. We don't know anything close to their full potential yet. However if we base this fight of of their current showings alone, I'd have to say team 1 is a bit more impressive.

Team one has knowledge

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel