Legendary Sword Battle

Topic started by UltimateHero0406 on May 11, 2013. Last post by Kuro_San 1 year, 7 months ago.
Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,047 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Holy Sword Excalibur
Holy Sword Excalibur
Demon Sword Muramasa
Demon Sword Muramasa
Master Sword (The Legend of Zelda)
Master Sword (The Legend of Zelda)
Sparda (Devil May Cry)
Sparda (Devil May Cry)
Sword of Omens (Thundercats)
Sword of Omens (Thundercats)
Tetsaiga (Inuyasha)
Tetsaiga (Inuyasha)

Wielders have equalized stats

No prep

All swords at full power

Composite fiction versions of Excalibur and Muramasa

Fight is in the ruins of Xerxes

Last wielder alive wins

Post by DBZ_universe (15,885 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Who is wielding the swords?

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,047 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@DBZ_universe: Their normal wielders. But they all have equalized stats. Sword powers only.

@UltimateHero0406: ok.

Well am not so familiar on their powers thus I will do research.

Tho my vote is on Holy Sword Excalibur for now cause of the name and its design.

Post by ReiKai (3,550 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Sword of Omens held a planet together. Master Sword is the weakest contender. Everyone else has more offensive powers. Omens has more Plot Device power.

@ReiKai: well with PIS you get the win...

I just noticed that Omens was added to the OP

Sword of Omens is like Pre-Crisis Superman. Plot-Power pulled out the ass every time.

LMAO

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15
The only reason the master sword is useless because of the lack of evil. Anyway Sparda seems to be superior due to its power and versatility.
Post by Kobra678 (3,553 posts) See mini bio Level 15

...I think the Tetsaiga is the most usefull out of all these (excluding Muramasa because i've never seen it)

What if the Sword of Augus "Wailing Dark" was in this battle?

@SpeedForceSpider: Not really, it's because aside from being more effective against evil and deflecting Light based attacks, it's utterly worthless. Sparda Sword only really seems to boost what Dante can already do in terms of offensive abilities. The top 3 offensive ones are Excalibur, Sparda and Tetsusaiga.

The most Plot-Devicey one is the Sword of Omens as it can do pretty much anything. And unless Saber has Avalon turned off, nothing else anyone can do will mean jack shit.
Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,816 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Well whats the sword with the best offensives and defensive abilities?

Sparda Sword became pretty useless storywise after the first game. It helped Dante take on the appearance of Sparda and turned'im into a flyer who shot energy balls at Mundus. Dante didn't even need it by DMC4 and it could only used to full effect in the Demon World anyway.

Excalibur from Fate-series (Night/Zero/Extra/Etc) only really has one big AoE cone/line attack. It's powerful but takes a moment to build up. The Tetsusaiga has multiple AoE cone attacks and its most powerful attack releases multiple space-cleaving energy blades called Meido Zangetsuha

I can't say anything about the Muramasa because I can't see which series it is from by the image and there are multiple fictions/games where that sword comes into play. The Sword of Omens has the greatest defensive prowess of them all since it's the only one with defensive capabilities. It can create a shield to block attacks or a full on barrier. It can also shoot a beam from the blade or tip at opponents and is loaded with abilities. It even enables Lion-O to fly, drill through a planets core, generate a gravitational field around a planet, perceive distant places and/or events, some of which in the past or future, and can be called to his hand from any location or distance.
Post by CerusSerenade (2,815 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ReiKai: Well if we're including the scabbard of the swords Excalibur would take that, but we haven't been told whether or not they have their scabbards.

Post by Blindside (1,003 posts) See mini bio Level 12

What about Augus' sword from Asura's Wrath?

Post by CerusSerenade (2,815 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Wailing Dark was what it was because Augus used it. It didn't have any of its shockwave-inducing properties when Asura fought against the Gohma with it.

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,816 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I wanted to say Tetsaiga wins this, but it looks like Sword of Omens would win. Due to it's defensive capabilities and it's offensive abilities. Tetsaiga as the second best abilities but thats it.

Post by Kuro_San (1,352 posts) See mini bio Level 11

THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The Sword of Omens is the holy mother of 80's mcguffin PIS

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel