Kurama vs Byakuya Kuchiki

Topic started by solesamurai on June 23, 2013. Last post by Obito 1 year, 1 month ago.
Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I recently decided to reread Yu Yu hakusho(It's been a while since I've read so why not eh?) and noticed how Byakuya and Kurama are extremely similar characters. I haven't actually finished the manga so I'm not using 3 kings arc Kurama.

Roound 1:

No prep

Win By K.O or Incapacitating the opponent.

Morals on

No BFR

Dark tournament Saga Kurama he may go Youko.

Soul Society Arc Byakuya.

Who wins? Explain why.

Round 2:

No prep

Win by Any means

Morals off

Chapter Black kurama Youko mode is available.

Current Byakuya he has his bankai.

Byakuya also gets Help from Renji.

Who Wins? And Explain why.

Post by taichokage (12,884 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'm with Kurama. By feats he's not massively impressive, but his power level says it all. He was over 160,000 youki EOS which is around 4x Sensui's level. I think even Sensui would beat Byakuya.

@taichokage: I split em up into rounds because I figured EOS Kurama would be to much, so under these conditions who do you think would win?

Oh Kurama easily in round 2. But Round 1 is close imo. Might even give the edge to Byakuya.
Post by phantomrant (1,326 posts) See mini bio Level 10

R1: Probs Kurama. Although Byakuya is faster and his Senzonzakura is versatile, I do think that Kurama's endurance, intellect, and hax plants will allow him to beat Byakuya with high-ish difficulty. he needs to go Youko, of course.

R2: Chapter Black Kurama with ease. I'm not sure if Senzonzakura can deal any more than moderate damage to Kurama considering his durability. In addition to being a lot stronger, his haxness has increased as has his speed, and he has healing plants.

@taichokage: @phantomrant: I've decided to add Renji to round 2 to help Byakuya out, is round 2 any more fair?

Post by phantomrant (1,326 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@solesamurai said:

: I've decided to add Renji to round 2 to help Byakuya out, is round 2 any more fair?

Only if Renji gets Aizen-level hype.

@phantomrant: Ah so nothing is helping Byakuya in round 2 huh?

When Renji comes out of his training, he will likely be stronger than Byakuya, possibly senior level Captain. His original goal was to surpass Byakuya and later to be on par with Aizen. I wouldn't be too surprised if Kubo makes that happen. That being said however, we have no idea how strong current Renji is and Renji prior to his training, while strong, wouldn't be enough to tackle Kurama even with Byakuya.

@taichokage: Would kenpachi be a better partner?

Definitely, but we also don't know current Kenpachi's level, but allegedly he is the strongest in the Gotei upon surpassing Unohana.

@taichokage: Bad time to make this thread I see.

Post by othus12 (6,590 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@solesamurai: just wait 3 more chapters and we will get a mind blowing thread.

@othus12: I doubt we'll be seeing any of the new and Improved Renji, within 3 chapters considering how long we've been on Ichigo getting his sword.

Post by othus12 (6,590 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@solesamurai: 13* my bad

That sounds reasonable. But with the massive upgrades and the relative recent revelation of the Royal Guard and Sterm Ritter, Bleach is in for a series wide power jump. Probably not Toriko or Z level but probably eclipsing the other 2 HST.

@taichokage: Yea Bach seems like he is leagues above everyone shown thus far, he was finger banging people on Ichigo's level when he was first introduced IIRC. And we haven't even seen him try to fight seriously yet.

Post by waybig1010101 (2,962 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@othus12: isn't that the number of chapters in till zebra becomes a moon buster :)
Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Round 1: Byakuya, Round 2, Kurama stomps. Chapter Bleack Kurama is Dangai Ichigo's level, strong and fast enough to not get one shotted by Sensui.
Post by eddz99 (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@supernova7005 said:

Round 1: Byakuya, Round 2, Kurama stomps. Chapter Bleack Kurama is Dangai Ichigo's level, strong and fast enough to not get one shotted by Sensui.

^

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel